noob question ... for purchase... difference between 1 and 1a on model numbers
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BenL
  • 1 Post By RiseOfTheAnts

Thread: noob question ... for purchase... difference between 1 and 1a on model numbers

noob question ... for purchase... difference between 1 and 1a on model numbers

specifically GW2000BD-1 and GW2000BD-1a thanks

Re: noob question ... for purchase... difference between 1 and 1a on model numbers

I think in that case the official Casio number is GW-2000BD-1A. End letters are often left off by sellers. They should be the same thing.

This is a common sort of question, and I just updated the trivia page to explain this and many other similar questions:
    http://mygshock.com/wiki/Trivia#What...number_mean.3F

Re: noob question ... for purchase... difference between 1 and 1a on model numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I think in that case the official Casio number is GW-2000BD-1A. End letters are often left off by sellers. They should be the same thing.

This is a common sort of question, and I just updated the trivia page to explain this and many other similar questions:
    thanks for the info and the link to the wiki.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Just wanted to commend you, again Riley, on the great job you've done on your page.
    Kronos likes this.

I've been using the Wiki trivia page without realizing who I was indebted to.

Thanks Riley!

Is there a similar wiki for casio protrek models ? .Or could some one point how to identity protrek model , like DR , CR etc at end of model numbers .?

Quote Originally Posted by nfsnfs View Post
    Is there a similar wiki for casio protrek models ? .Or could some one point how to identity protrek model , like DR , CR etc at end of model numbers .?
    That legend applies to all Casio watches, the only difference is the prefix which specifies the watch family: ProTreks start with PRG (non-atomic) and PRW (atomic) and Pathfinders (the name used for ProTreks in North America) start with PAG/PAW.
    nfsnfs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Just wanted to commend you, again Riley, on the great job you've done on your page.
    +1. I cannot tell you how often I use the resources that Riley has put together. He is such a great asset to this community.

Just adding to the original question.

There is probably no difference between a -1 and -1A model, but there could be a -1B and even -1C, etc models. In that case the basic color is black, but the lettering might differ in color a bit. It does not happen much. It happens more with the blue models, as there is a dark blue and a light blue model. Then there are a -2A and a -2B version. The letter A is not often used in the suffix.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by RiseOfTheAnts View Post
    That legend applies to all Casio watches, the only difference is the prefix which specifies the watch family: ProTreks start with PRG (non-atomic) and PRW (atomic) and Pathfinders (the name used for ProTreks in North America) start with PAG/PAW.
    Thanks for the reply , little more decoding ..

So what does the following mean
    CR
    stand in PAG240-1CR
    D stands in PRG-240-1D
    Even though both look same models.
    Last edited by nfsnfs; November 25th, 2011 at 11:20.

Thread Information