Is this normal upon gshocks?

Thread: Is this normal upon gshocks?

Is this normal upon gshocks?

I have a few different models of ga 100 and i just did a reset of them all but I noticed when im on world time mode, their default cities are different there are some that has london in default while some are in utc. ? Just want to know if this is normal?

And also the analog hands are i think advance? because for example when it reaches 12:00:00 the analog hands will not be straight while at 11:59 it is very much straight.

Hoping for your responses. thanks!

California, Hong Kong, Singapore, Surabaya

Re: Is this normal upon gshocks?

Quote Originally Posted by calibre027 View Post
    I have a few different models of ga 100 and i just did a reset of them all but I noticed when im on world time mode, their default cities are different there are some that has london in default while some are in utc. ? Just want to know if this is normal?

And also the analog hands are i think advance? because for example when it reaches 12:00:00 the analog hands will not be straight while at 11:59 it is very much straight.

Hoping for your responses. thanks!

1. about the world time, you can and should change them yourself depend on what other city you would like to be handily available to you.

2. about the analog minute hand yes it bugs me as well, the minute hand move every 20 seconds, so for example at 11.59.41 the analog hand will show exactly 12.00

Quote Originally Posted by rokphish View Post
    1. about the world time, you can and should change them yourself depend on what other city you would like to be handily available to you.

2. about the analog minute hand yes it bugs me as well, the minute hand move every 20 seconds, so for example at 11.59.41 the analog hand will show exactly 12.00
    thanks for the response! very much appreciated

I know that we can change the city, but it just interests me that every ga100 has a different default city that's why I'm asking because we can infer something from this. Like differences in assembly country or year manufactured. or is this a bug or what.
    Last edited by calibre027; October 20th, 2013 at 14:06.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

it could be any number of reasons... difference in assembly country, the person setting the watch, also some customers looking around on the watch and changing settings while trying out the watches, etc...

i just wished they had made the minute hand to sync on the second 20 seconds instead of the first that way when 12.00.01 to 12.00.20 the minute hand stays on the 12 o'clock position, or they could go with 30 seconds interval...
    Last edited by rokphish; October 20th, 2013 at 16:48.

If it set up properly the minute hand will be at 12.00.00 during 12.00.01-12.00.19, moving one step at 12.00.20... maybe you need to advance the hands one integer
    Last edited by jer_; October 20th, 2013 at 19:55.

How to do that?

I don't have the same model you do, but somehow there should be a way to do a hand set check in your manual. Should be referred to as manual hand correction, or H- set, hand set etc

Quote Originally Posted by jer_ View Post
    I don't have the same model you do, but somehow there should be a way to do a hand set check in your manual. Should be referred to as manual hand correction, or H- set, hand set etc
    thanks a lot!!! now i love my ga-100 even more!!!

@calibre027, the instruction mentioned is in the ga-100 manual page 4, upper left portion: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/221...a1.html?page=4
    Last edited by rokphish; October 21st, 2013 at 09:41.

Thread Information