'NOS' DW-9200 I.C.E.R.C. just arrived!
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 'NOS' DW-9200 I.C.E.R.C. just arrived!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'NOS' DW-9200 I.C.E.R.C. just arrived!

Well, not really NOS actually, because the previous owner has painted the whole watch red
    But other than that, there isn't a single scratch on the window, case or strap and the caseback has still got its protective plastic layer attached. Even the original boxes were still there!

After a Mudman, two 5600's, a 6900 and a Riseman this is my first 'older' model (1998), which has still got a screwback and was made in Japan. Considering the amount of money I paid for it ($66) I'm very happy with this latest addition to my quickly growing G-collection!

Still on their way to my doorstep @ the moment: DW-6900 jamin' colors and a blue Mudman.

Enough talk, let's take a closer look!

Re: 'NOS' DW-9200 I.C.E.R.C. just arrived!

Nice one. I like the color. The clear ones will just get discolored from wear anyways. Enjoy it.

Hey, that sort of looks familiar...

Congrats on the new pickup, yours definitely looks to be in better shape than mine (i've got some deep scratches on my buttons).
    Chris
    ---

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats, I love that model. Once my replacement band and bezel turn too yellow I plan on dyeing them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chrmbly View Post
    Hey, that sort of looks familiar...

Congrats on the new pickup, yours definitely looks to be in better shape than mine (i've got some deep scratches on my buttons).
    Wow, that one's pretty cool!!

I guess the previous owner of mine didn't feel like repainting the lettering on the case, I think it looks way better on yours

that looks like a DW-9600 to me?? but i have just woke up! it looks nice anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Burnham View Post
    Wow, that one's pretty cool!!

I guess the previous owner of mine didn't feel like repainting the lettering on the case, I think it looks way better on yours
    Thanks! I found mine w/ the white lettering since I knew I wanted to dye it red (it was really yellowed badly), and then replaced the lettering with the red. I think it looks fine with the blue as well!! Of course you could repaint yours if you really wanted to it's not all that difficult...

Hope you enjoy it, I think it's a really nice hefty watch even if it's a bit on the smaller side for G's.
    Chris
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by lee172 View Post
    that looks like a DW-9600 to me?? but i have just woke up! it looks nice anyhow
    Good morning!

According to the box (and caseback) it's a DW-9200, more precisely a DW-9200-2BT.

The DW-9600 seems to be the W.C.C.S. edition, while the DW-9200 comes in a I.C.E.R.C. trim.

Quote Originally Posted by chrmbly View Post
    Thanks! I found mine w/ the white lettering since I knew I wanted to dye it red (it was really yellowed badly), and then replaced the lettering with the red. I think it looks fine with the blue as well!! Of course you could repaint yours if you really wanted to it's not all that difficult...

Hope you enjoy it, I think it's a really nice hefty watch even if it's a bit on the smaller side for G's.
    I'm a bit intimidated by the whole repainting process
    Although you made it look real easy in your topic
    I think I'll just keep it like this!

It indeed is a really heavy watch, which causes it to feel pretty much unbreakable. Yeah, it's not really big, but since my wrists are pretty skinny it's a perfectly sized watch for me!

I really like the photos you took of your hand in your pocket. Gives me a different perspective.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information