nos gaussman

Thread: nos gaussman

nos gaussman

I found a nos gaussman in a local jewellery store.
    How much is it worth?
    Is 175€ reasonable?

Re: nos gaussman

For a NOS Gaussman with the box, tag and papers, thats reasonable. Its only about how much you want it and how much you are willing to pay.

When I want to buy an expensive vintage G, I ask myself 2 Questions

1. Do I really have to have one considering there are cheaper newer models that will probably work as well or even better ? Add to this the fact that its old stock, so finding parts may not be easy.

2. Will it affect my lifestyle ? (A valid Q since so many NOS Gs now go for 700$, 1500$ or even 3000$)

I usually dont get past the 1st Q anymore. I end up buying 2 or 3 brand new Gs instead of the NOS model i was hankering after, but thats just me.

The Gaussman has anti-magnetism feature though (I think) and that maybe worth it.

Can't say it's 'not worth it', but I think you could get one at a cheaper price if you look around. I got a NOS Khaki Gaussman which was a fair bit cheaper than that not too long ago (last October I think.)

Some Gaussmen are particularly rare (Men In White for example) and these could cost you even more than the standard black and grey version.

The Gaussman was extremely popular in its day, and it is (apart from the 8200 Frogman) the only model to appear in all the original Men In Colour series.

Function-wise, it's nothing special. It just looks great on the wrist especially if you like big watches. You certainly won't go unnoticed with that thing hanging on your wrist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Which model Gaussman is it?

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $150 for a NOS basic Gaussman and $200 tops for a NOS limited edition. If you really like the Gaussman practice some patience and watch eBay for a couple weeks, they come up all the time for less than €175.

Thanks for the replies, I don't know if it is a limited edition.
    This saturday i'm going back to that shop.
    I'll take a pic of it then.

Thread Information