Not a casio, not even quartz, but nevertheless very tough...

Thread: Not a casio, not even quartz, but nevertheless very tough...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Not a casio, not even quartz, but nevertheless very tough...

hi fellas,

I posted this as well in the seiko, citizen, orient forum, just in case you don't look there

SEIKO FRANKENMONSTER SKZ247

the watch arrived one and a half weeks ago, but my camera was broken, so I had to wait until yesterday. actually I was going to get the all-black SKZ255 but I had the opportunity to make an unbelievable good deal on the bay, way to good to let it pass.

honestly, the frankenmonster is the only mechanical watch that gets my attention and interests these days...

however, the watch is really huge and heavy (183 grams) and just a pretty. its unbelievable that seiko is able to manufacture such a watch for this ridiculous low price.

lume is indeed the best I have seen to date and I rate it (almost) as high as my beloved H3 watches. its the first watch i lay my hands on, which I'm still able to read the time after 6-8 hours in darkness, with a good charge of light before of course.

resizing the bracelet was a total pain in the arse. I'm used to casios springbar system, but this seiko pin and collar systems really sucks. it took me about two hours to remove three links and put the darn thing back together, because it was literally falling apart under my hands....
    I'm not sure if I would resize a watch with pin and collar the next time myself or spend the few bucks let it be done by a watchmaker...

the accuracy of the SKZ247 is next to stunning. I don't know if i was just lucky, but the watch gains since its arrival only about 1-2 seconds per day, I think thats a value many mechanical watch makers and owners dream of. well, lets see how it will go in a couple month.

okay, enough blabla here is what everbody waits for:

sorry for the picture quality, I'm not exactly the greatest photogragh and the camera is new, so please have mercy ...

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Re: Not a casio, not even quartz, but nevertheless very tough...

Nice watch. Not really my cup o' tea, but if you like it, then that is most important. What did you use to charge the lume? You are correct, it is quite bright.

ive always liked this model. i like the all-black one.

most fav seiko model
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

>> That's just cool as! I'd wear it no worries...

For many years the Seiko 5 Sports series have, in my opinion, been consistently their best designed and value for money watches! Design especially has been their strong point and that one looks like it's carrying on the tradition.

As a matter of interest what are those sticky-out bits on the shroud at 2, 8 and 10 ... are they places to unscrew it? A very nice watch indeed
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post
    For many years the Seiko 5 Sports series have, in my opinion, been consistently their best designed and value for money watches! Design especially has been their strong point and that one looks like it's carrying on the tradition.

As a matter of interest what are those sticky-out bits on the shroud at 2, 8 and 10 ... are they places to unscrew it? A very nice watch indeed
    yeah, i always wondered that too. is it those pressure relieve valve thingy or something like that?
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Very nice. Is it really called the frankenmonster or did you make this up yourself??

Should not have selected this thread......sigh...

Great watch, great catch. Yes, like Mansrow, I like the all black model.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    resizing the bracelet was a total pain in the arse. I'm used to casios springbar system, but this seiko pin and collar systems really sucks. it took me about two hours to remove three links and put the darn thing back together, because it was literally falling apart under my hands....
    I'm not sure if I would resize a watch with pin and collar the next time myself or spend the few bucks let it be done by a watchmaker...
    I know what you mean. I took mine to the watch repair place at the ASDA first, and shortly after it fell apart. I then spent hours trying to do it myself. In the end I think I did it okay, but I really wasn't confident so I took it to Watch Hospital and they tightened it up a bit for me. I don't understand why Seiko (or anyone else) use these type of pins. The Monster bracelet is one of the very few bracelets I like, but that incident shook my confidence in it a bit.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Never seen this before and I love it.

Beautiful piece and 1-2 seconds/day drift is "chronometer" territory.

What do those buttons do, if indeed they are buttons?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information