Not a G-shock, but ...

Thread: Not a G-shock, but ...

Not a G-shock, but ...

Anyone have any experience with the Timex Expedition Adventure w/ Compass?

http://www.timex.com/gp/product/B000...imexBrand=core

Re: Not a G-shock, but ...

Not that particular model, but yes, I've had a couple. I wore mine alot out hunting and hiking. The compass is accurate and the watch is quite simple to use(I used it for quick reference. I always backed it up with either my lensatic compass or my GPS). I actually gave mine to my father after acquiring my Pathfinder. Calibrating the watch is the only pain. For some reason, I found that you need to do this often(at least with the one I had). Hope this answers your question.

Cheers!
    Mike
    "What a long, strange trip it's been?"(Hunter/Garcia ca. 1970)

Re: Not a G-shock, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the Timex Expedition Adventure w/ Compass?

http://www.timex.com/gp/product/B000...imexBrand=core
    Hi, just got one of these this morning from the U S of A to Scotland, mine is the negative display and wow what a watch !!! I paid about £45 including shipping. This is a big watch and very well put together, I have had to thin the herd and have sold over 20 g`s in the last 3 months including 2 Antmen !!! so to cheer me up have indulged in some Timex`s, 2 Humvees and this one. Have not gone through all the functions yet but wears very well. The buttons are recessed into the case and the indiglo is operated by the 3 o`clock crown button. Bigger than a mudman, similiar to a frogman in size, smaller than a raysman. It says shock on the case so we`ll see. I have an anologue realtree expedition that says shock resistant and have thrown it about when fishing etc and it has been faultless. I still have my armoury of G`s and will always be a G man but I have to say I am seriously impressed by this effort from Timex, never thought I would say that !!!!

Thread Information