Note about MTG-video thread....
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnQFord
  • 1 Post By Time4Playnow
  • 1 Post By JohnQFord
  • 2 Post By Time4Playnow

Thread: Note about MTG-video thread....

Note about MTG-video thread....

Guys -- this website is doing something really strange.... (completely unheard of, I'm sure!)

The post I made about the new MTG-G1000D with the video -- for some reason, even though I added text explaining what the video is and asking you guys if you can actually view it -- the text did not show up in the post. It shows up when I view it as I'm logged into WUS, but if I log out and view it, the text from the post is gone. That is, if I try to view it as an "outsider" would see it, there is no text there, only the video (and the word "Test" above it). But I typed in the other text, I swear I did, and saved it! So I don't know what is going on..

Anyway, please let me know if you can view that video. It shows the swapping of home/world time, when main time is set to U.S. EDT, and world time is set to time at LAX.

I will post more pics of this watch this weekend with more comments about it!

Re: Note about MTG-video thread....

Oooooh ... I think it is 'Time For Play Now' Time4PlayNow ... everything is working just fine !!! Maybe a little less WUS & more time for other things ... like 'LIFE' !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Guys -- this website is doing something really strange.... (completely unheard of, I'm sure!)

The post I made about the new MTG-G1000D with the video -- for some reason, even though I added text explaining what the video is and asking you guys if you can actually view it -- the text did not show up in the post. It shows up when I view it as I'm logged into WUS, but if I log out and view it, the text from the post is gone. That is, if I try to view it as an "outsider" would see it, there is no text there, only the video (and the word "Test" above it). But I typed in the other text, I swear I did, and saved it! So I don't know what is going on..

Anyway, please let me know if you can view that video. It shows the swapping of home/world time, when main time is set to U.S. EDT, and world time is set to time at LAX.

I will post more pics of this watch this weekend with more comments about it!
    Time4Playnow likes this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQFord View Post
    Oooooh ... I think it is 'Time For Play Now' Time4PlayNow ... everything is working just fine !!! Maybe a little less WUS & more time for other things ... like 'LIFE' !!!

Yeah, JohnQ, I get it... That was the first time I tried posting a video from Flickr, and even though I got that to work, it seemed the WUS site was doing something funky with my post!! Seems to have taken care of itself though..

thanks!
    JohnQFord likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, JohnQ, I get it... That was the first time I tried posting a video from Flickr, and even though I got that to work, it seemed the WUS site was doing something funky with my post!! Seems to have taken care of itself though..

thanks!
    Any chance you updated to Windows 10 ??? Causing the odd glitch for me ... bogging down occasionally !
    Time4Playnow likes this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQFord View Post
    Any chance you updated to Windows 10 ??? Causing the odd glitch for me ... bogging down occasionally !
    Nope! This was definitely an issue with the website itself - not with my own OS. What I wrote before probably didn't make much sense to you guys. But I had made some edits to my original post, and the edits were showing up when I was logged into my account on F17. But when I logged out and viewed the post, as any visitor to the site would see it, the text edits were not there -- only my original post that I had labeled "test." Anyhow, it appears the site finally caught up with the edits and all is well.

But I was nearly pulling my hair out there for a few minutes... I hate computers sometimes!! (even though I use them daily at work!!) I will say though, this website does seem to be flaky quite often, for one reason or another!!
    Rocat and JohnQFord like this.

Nope! This was definitely an issue with the website itself - not with my own OS. What I wrote before probably didn't make much sense to you guys. But I had made some edits to my original post, and the edits were showing up when I was logged into my account on F17. But when I logged out and viewed the post, as any visitor to the site would see it, the text edits were not there -- only my original post that I had labeled "test." Anyhow, it appears the site finally caught up with the edits and all is well.

But I was nearly pulling my hair out there for a few minutes... I hate computers sometimes!! (even though I use them daily at work!!) I will say though, this website does seem to be flaky quite often, for one reason or another!!

The flakiness seems to have ramped up since Ernie handed over the keys.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Thread Information