Now I am pissed. Why does this $30 Armitron lookalike G-Shock have a better display?
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Now I am pissed. Why does this $30 Armitron lookalike G-Shock have a better display?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Question Now I am pissed. Why does this $30 Armitron lookalike G-Shock have a better display?

I actually overpaid for my Armitron watch by $10, but why does this cheap watch have a better display than any of my G-Shocks for less money? For $30, my Armitron is water resistant to 100m, it has a chronograph, it has a 24 countdown timer, it has world time, yeah world time, 2 alarms with hourly chimes, and a decent backlight EL, or whatever Armitron calls it. I know it isn't a G-Shock. But, I like the color blue.

I can also see the actual time in all the modes, and not only can I see it. It is huge! Like the digits I see on my Riseman normally.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; January 30th, 2016 at 02:12.
    flying, nb9001 and nigelw like this.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Re: Now I am pissed. Why does this $30 Armitron lookalike G-Shock have a better display?

Looks nice, reminds me of:
    Mediocre and ShaggyDog like this.

Re: Now I am pissed. Why does this $30 Armitron lookalike G-Shock have a better display?

All good questions!! Aside from the things you mentioned around function - how does the build quality compare?

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    No I am not OCD....I am CDO - that is OCD in the proper order

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have never seen these but the layout is nicely done IMHO

Same Q as Brvheart....how is the quality? Resin etc?

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    All good questions!! Aside from the things you mentioned around function - how does the build quality compare?
    It feels sold, but you know G-Shocks have a removable resin bezel which this watch doesn't have. It is huge in size. It is bigger than my GW6900-1 and Riseman. Like Frogman size. It looks like a G-Shock I know it does. It even wears like a G-Shock, but doesn't feel like a G-Shock. Good or bad. I hate G-Shock resin bands. So uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong. G-Shocks are tough tested. I for one know that. But it just amazes me for $20 you get a lot, and even more. Who knew Armitron upgraded so much. It is a American company too.

If somebody told me I need one watch to get the job done. It would be a G-Shock WITH A GOOD DISPLAY. That is all I am saying with this thread.

I guess, the final answer is. There are no perfect watches. Just something you like the most about your watch which is why you wear it.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Probably easier to judge with an actual photo vs the stock image.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

Brave Rifles! Veterans!

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    I have never seen these but the layout is nicely done IMHO

Same Q as Brvheart....how is the quality? Resin etc?
    The resin is not too stiff but rubbery. When you hit it on a table it sounds like a brick. I will say that when you press the EL, or whatever Armitron calls it the digits do dime that is because they negativity inverted the numbers in EL. It actually makes it kind a hard to see at night. It feels way more comfortable to wear than my G-Shocks I have worn. It doesn't have the ribbon candy like rubber watch band like every resin G-Shock has.

The strap keeper is actually pretty good too. I've owned Timex watches with the same kind a strap keepers.

G-Shocks suddenly feel over priced eh ;)
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Quote Originally Posted by furrotik View Post
    Probably easier to judge with an actual photo vs the stock image.
    Fair enough. I don't have a camera to post pics. Don't get me wrong. My back up watch will always be a G-Shock, but it is nice to see watch companies trying. I'll tell you what. Get the Rizeman with solar power. I had mine for over five a year. I put it on a keychain for over a year. I have OCD. I am an artist type. I change things as I go.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information