Now I want one of these ... At least I'm curious!

Thread: Now I want one of these ... At least I'm curious!

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member BA1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,554

    Now I want one of these ... At least I'm curious!

    Brandon

  2. #2
    Member BA1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,554

    Ooooohhhhh >>

    Brandon

  3. #3
    Member sllee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,434

    Re: Now I want one of these ... At least I'm curious!

    Either or both?
    I like this particular Protrek for the fact that it has standard strap lugs so you can put your choice of strap on it.
    Don't have it though but have the other watch:
    Name:  SPF-40_1.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  73.9 KB
    The Seapathfinder SPF-40. Big watch, lots of presence, and nice features.
    It's the nautical/marine equivalent of the popular PRG-40.
    Here's another pic of it on my tiny wrist:
    Name:  SPF-40w_1.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  63.9 KB
    Lee

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member flipangle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    916

    Re: Ooooohhhhh >>

    Awesome pieces! Too bad my puny wrist won't cut it!
    "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

  6. #5
    Member BA1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,554

    Re: Now I want one of these ... At least I'm curious!

    Quote Originally Posted by sllee View Post
    Either or both?
    I like this particular Protrek for the fact that it has standard strap lugs so you can put your choice of strap on it.
    Don't have it though but have the other watch:
    Name:  SPF-40_1.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  73.9 KB
    The Seapathfinder SPF-40. Big watch, lots of presence, and nice features.
    It's the nautical/marine equivalent of the popular PRG-40.
    Here's another pic of it on my tiny wrist:
    Name:  SPF-40w_1.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  63.9 KB
    Lee
    Nice sea-pathfinder. I read after posting the pic that it is not solar powered. I'd prefer solar. And, did I read correctly? 4 batteries?

    The Protrek would look great on a NATO or Zulu.
    Brandon

  7. #6
    Member Maine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Northants, UK
    Posts
    3,202

    Re: Now I want one of these ... At least I'm curious!

    Well I know you've seen my pics of the 200/2000 on its leather strap. It makes it a completely different watch compared to the original one.

    They're 22mm lugs on that, so any Panerai-style or nato/zulu will fit perfectly.

    But I've always liked leather, so its current black strap will be a permanent fixture. I have no reservations about the watch or its comfort.

    (And yes, that older one takes 4 batteries, like my PRG-40).

  8. #7
    Member sllee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,434

    Re: Now I want one of these ... At least I'm curious!

    Quote Originally Posted by BA1970 View Post
    Nice sea-pathfinder. I read after posting the pic that it is not solar powered. I'd prefer solar. And, did I read correctly? 4 batteries?
    Hi Brandon.
    You got that right - they're powered like the PRG-40, with 4 batteries.
    The only other Sea-pathfinders I know that are solar-powered are the SPF-70 and the SPS-201, both of which I have. Sadly, the SPF-70 is dis-continued and the SPS-201 is not a ABC-type watch, it only has a tide/moon graph feature. See pics:
    Name:  SPF-70Sw_1.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  50.5 KB
    SPF-70S
    Name:  SPS-201_1.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  50.0 KB
    SPS-201
    Lee

  9. #8
    Member sllee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,434

    Re: Ooooohhhhh >>

    Quote Originally Posted by flipangle View Post
    Awesome pieces! Too bad my puny wrist won't cut it!
    Hi!
    I've replied to your PM.
    Lee

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •