NYC Meetup

Thread: NYC Meetup

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Off Topic post NYC Meetup

Has anyone in the NYC area thought about putting together a meetup? I don't know how many people we would have interested, but I have seen some NYC meets posted in the forum before, just not any recently. Anyone else game?

1/14 AT HALLO BERLIN! 44th and 10th. Please post here if you plan on attending, all WIS welcome :)
    Last edited by Wojo; December 14th, 2011 at 05:12.

Re: NYC Meetup

Sad no-ones answered you on this - I'm about 3500 miles away otherwise I would consider it.

The two times I've visted NY, I have loved it, you're so fortunate living in such a vibrant metropolis, best of luck on the meet should it happen...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

I think it's a great idea, there's plenty on this board who call Gotham home. When to do it is the harder choice with the holidays here... you might get more out of towners who are planning on visiting the big city because of the holidays, but it may be easier to schedule afterwards.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm interested in meeting my fellow NY area G enthusiasts! But I agree that after the holidays may make more sense.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    I'm interested in meeting my fellow NY area G enthusiasts! But I agree that after the holidays may make more sense.
    I agree. The other thing is, where to meet. That will largely depend upon how many plan to turn up... if only a handful, a coffee shop might do the trick.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

I wasn't expecting anything before the holidays, and if it were just g shock forum members a coffee shop would be fitting. I really posted this just to see initial interest, looks like a few people would meet at least :)

Count me in, either before or after the holidays. I'm in Hawaii till the 13th, but any time after that! I know some good diners in Manhattan where the food is good and they don't throw you out. Or we could go to the Red Bar on a night the dive watch aficionados aren't there!

--Greg

I'd be interested in a meet-up.

Problem is . . . Who will be hosting it? That is to say, who is willing to spend the time to plan activities? How many days will it last? And other such details.

In February I attended a meet-up for members of a forum outside of WUS. I was only able to attend for one of the three days that were planned out. But I still had a, mostly, good time. It was nice being able to put faces to user-names seen on the forums. Some even flew in from other parts of the country. The individual who planned it had done so the year before. Truth be told, he did an excellent job, and I'm looking forward to the expected 3rd annual meet-up in February of this upcoming year.

A NYC WUS meet-up would be interesting, but someone will likely have to sacrifice quite a bit of their free time to host it.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

^ It all depends upon how much of a get-together it would be. From what you described, it sounds like that other forum meet-up was a major event, especially since multiple days were planned (was that CPF?). Instead, I would prefer something really simple and lasting just an afternoon or evening. A bunch of us would show up, bring a few interesting G-Shocks along, and then have a meal together chit-chatting about watches. It might be even better if a roving activity were planned, like a visit to a major watch shop to look at G-Shocks and other watches of interest.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    ^ It all depends upon how much of a get-together it would be. From what you described, it sounds like that other forum meet-up was a major event, especially since multiple days were planned (was that CPF?). Instead, I would prefer something really simple and lasting just an afternoon or evening. A bunch of us would show up, bring a few interesting G-Shocks along, and then have a meal together chit-chatting about watches. It might be even better if a roving activity were planned, like a visit to a major watch shop to look at G-Shocks and other watches of interest.
    That sounds more like a quick Get-Together than a meet-up. Nothing wrong with that. Just a bit different than expected.

BTW, the meet-up I mentioned was for New Grounds members. And to clarify, for older NG members only.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information