Oceanus bracelet question

Thread: Oceanus bracelet question

Oceanus bracelet question

I am thinking abut picking up an Oceanus in the near future, and in perusing various picture threads I came across an odd detail in the bracelet.

Each link has the pin hole on one side and an oddly semi-transparent circle on the other. I thought it was a weird ghosting effect in the photo but I have found it on multiple images. It might be plastic but I can't see any seams.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  173.3 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  353.5 KB

Anyone?

EDIT: Is it possible it is a press fit pin that has been machined and finished along with the sides of the bracelet after installation?
    Last edited by idkfa; December 26th, 2014 at 20:15.

Re: Oceanus bracelet question

My guess: There are just 3 kinds of pins. The ones which can be removed (near the bracelet) with the arrow on it (for removal direction) and holes on both sides, the ones which cannot be removed but may have been holes on both sides. And the ones which are machined and have these circles (my guess on both sides) and of course cannot be removed.

I've owned that watch. It's just pins holding the bracelet together that have been machined down flush with the bracelet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but yep, the Oceanus does look a little different because the pins don't have that usual pointy vs screwy ends (sorry for my horribly un-technical description). When I resized the strap on the OCW-S100-1AJF I found the reason why — within the middle bit of the link there is a tiny little collar (and I mean TINY) which is what pretty much holds the links together. So when removing the links you have to be super careful not to lose that collar bit.

I found a good page about this here: https://watchspace.wordpress.com/tec...ecial-reports/ so perhaps it applies to other Casio bracelets (though I had an old Waveceptor which was more conventional), and I think the author makes an interesting note that perhaps some jewelers might not even be aware of this, so caution when resizing!

I resized the Oceanus bracelet myself and it was pretty straightforward, but I'm glad I read the Watch Space piece first. Oh, and the OCW-S100-1AJF (a slightly newer version of the one pictured above) still remains one of my favorites despite this quirk!

deleted (duplicate post)

Yup, it has pins and collars, kinda tricky to resize without losing the little collars. Best to work over a clean, well-lit surface.

Quote Originally Posted by fiskadoro View Post
    Apologies for reviving an old thread, but yep, the Oceanus does look a little different because the pins don't have that usual pointy vs screwy ends (sorry for my horribly un-technical description). When I resized the strap on the OCW-S100-1AJF I found the reason why — within the middle bit of the link there is a tiny little collar (and I mean TINY) which is what pretty much holds the links together. So when removing the links you have to be super careful not to lose that collar bit.

I found a good page about this here: https://watchspace.wordpress.com/tec...ecial-reports/ so perhaps it applies to other Casio bracelets (though I had an old Waveceptor which was more conventional), and I think the author makes an interesting note that perhaps some jewelers might not even be aware of this, so caution when resizing!

I resized the Oceanus bracelet myself and it was pretty straightforward, but I'm glad I read the Watch Space piece first. Oh, and the OCW-S100-1AJF (a slightly newer version of the one pictured above) still remains one of my favorites despite this quirk!
    Just got my Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF and this link was exactly what I needed to adjust the bracelet.
    Many thanks for that!

Thread Information