Ocw-650tdbj-1ajf

Thread: Ocw-650tdbj-1ajf

Banned

Ocw-650tdbj-1ajf

It's an Oceanus, ala Cachalot style for around $570. Anyone have this model? It actually is a more attractive option than the Cachalot for me given that it has the ability to do full dual time like the all black Giez. I need a dual time for work since I need both local and UTC time when mapping and the Giez is doing well for this purpose, but the bezel would be very helpful in my daily work as well. I'll continue to research this one as it's a possibility for my next purchase. I was going to get an auto GMT, but unfortunately to the second accuracy is very important when monitoring GPS navigation(testing and validating GPS performance).

It's also available in this flavor. I can't decide which I like better.

Last edited by Torrid; April 23rd, 2009 at 05:37.

Re: Ocw-650tdbj-1ajf

I had the OCW-600 its a cool watch but lume was very poor and the dial is a bit too busy for My liking also the Oceanus don't hold their resale value that well compared to the G-Shock watches however You cannot doubt the quality of the design it oozes class and to be fair this watch range is Casio's premier line especially inJapan,Happy hunting!

I'm confused by your dual time comment. How is the dual time on the 650 different than that on the Cachalot? Both have dual time capability via the World Time function.

I do like the 650's though, but they have been discontinuted for a year or two so stocks are slowly dwindling. They had a very short run in the Oceanus series for some reason.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs Up Re: Ocw-650tdbj-1ajf

I came very close to buying this exact same model in the blue. Trust me, the blue model looks much, much better in real life pics. Really attractive face colour.

I think these are particularly good value and like you say, they have that older style subdial design which is better for dual time zones.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by petew View Post
    I'm confused by your dual time comment. How is the dual time on the 650 different than that on the Cachalot? Both have dual time capability via the World Time function.

I do like the 650's though, but they have been discontinuted for a year or two so stocks are slowly dwindling. They had a very short run in the Oceanus series for some reason.
    It's labeled as a 24hr dial with both the hour and minute hand. The minute hand isn't really necessary for my purpose, but I didn't think you could view two time zones at the same time on the Cachalot.

Gotcha....now I get what you are saying...you are correct, even though the Cachalot has multiple timezone capabilities, it will only display one of those times at any given moment.

Thread Information