off topic: some questions to ask
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: off topic: some questions to ask

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

off topic: some questions to ask

1/ why some members with many posts got banned ? I have seen a few with thousands of posts got their status as "banned"
    and with a few i have crossed path, they seemed wonderful as contributors ...

2/ what is the current Ebay+Paypal fee for sellers these days ?

3/ are all Japanese sellers trustworthy and honest ? have you ever had bad experience with one, or two ?

4/ do family members of all nationality argue by yelling loud ? and even go as far as hand-combat and throwing stuffs around ?

5/ do you think, GENERALLY, what watch-brand collector group are more likely to have more jerks, and more likely to have more gentlemen ?

thanks
    LOLz
    Last edited by G-fob; August 26th, 2013 at 21:43.

LUW

Re: off topic: some questions to ask

1) I haven't been out of F17 lately, but at least here I haven't seen anybody get banned.
    2) Never sold on eBay.
    3) So far all my transactions with Japanese vendors on eBay (and only once on Rakuten) have been more then excellent.
    4)
    5) Do you wanna get banned?
    G-fob likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

@LUW: come on? I really want to know how Brazilian argue, like what do you do when you and your wifey having a fight ?

LOLz

1) can't answer that one as discussing moderation is against forum rules: but I can maybe explain the rule a little - my explanation in brackets:
    Watchuseek reserves the right to remove, at any time [except for severe cases there's always a history of warnings and temporary bans], any or all of your mailing list privileges if Watchuseek determines, at Watchuseek's sole discretion, that you have violated our standards of behavior [basically: break the rules too often and you get banned - it's really as simple as that]. Watchuseek moderation is not a topic for discussion, decisions are made by those who created and run this Forum [decisions are normally not made by one person alone], and are made in its best interest.
    2) no idea as I don't sell on ebay
    3) I never bought from Japan directly but I read nothing but good things about Japanese sellers so far - except for lousy packaging every now and then
    4) I wouldn't go to hand-combat with my dad but we certainly yelled a few times - I never had an argument with my mom - and me and my wife - we basically just mock each other sometimes but we only had a real argument twice in seven years (I won't go into details )
    5) you never know - only some observations I made:
    - sometimes there's the "new convert" who just discovered mechanical watches and now thinks quartz watches are all trash - very similar to people who quit smoking
    - many/most longtime collectors are pretty relaxed
    - I wouldn't tie it to one brand - I've met wonderful people on forums who collect real highend-watches and still won't look down on you if you show them a G-Shock or a Seiko 5

cheers, Sedi
    G-fob, Chrisek, Crater and 1 others like this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

@GShockMe; thanks but there gotta be a simple way, like Ebay and Paypal will take 14% off the price you sell

It's not hard to ramp up the post number if intended, and people get banned for different reasons.
    Situation and circumstances varies, so I don't have clear answers for the rest of your questions.
    G-fob likes this.

1) I have not come across well known members getting banned, maybe they did something fishy in the sales section?? not sure.. lol I got an infraction once for posting the pic of the 2 women in underwear wearing G-Shocks.. lucky I was not banned! haha

2) Never go on ebay so I don't know, I hear of things going wrong there all the time, so I just stay away.

3) I have only ordered from Rakuten twice, both were trustworthy, but the way Sunknots packaged my last order was messed up.. lol

4) we have yelled, thrown stuff around.. hand to hand combat? lol No..

5) I don't really know, since I am only familiar with G-Shocks.. so I'm not even going to guess, It's all gentlemen on here, but that might also be cause of the rules and the moderators doing their jobs well.. there are a few jerks around outside of the forum though..
    G-fob likes this.

LUW

About 5), just one observation that many here have seen for themselves (for those who do venture out of F17): you do NOT have the same laid back atmosphere that we have here on the other forums, and that is specially true in the brand subforums.
    G-fob, GShockMe and Milos like this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

1/ I have no idea, haven't been on here long enough to figure it out.

2/ I believe it's about 13-14%, fluctuates a little.

3/ I haven't dealt with any yet, but I did just buy one so I'll find out.

4/ There is a bunch of yelling, some throwing or hitting stuff, but hand to hand contact for me.

5/ I have only been on 2 of the brand forums so I can only compare the two. On this, the Casio forum, it seems everyone on here is easy to deal with. On the Rolex forum it seems like if you have any questions and you are new they assume you are a troll. I haven't been on there in a while so maybe it has changed.
    G-fob likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information