Off Topic - Thrift Store Find -Timex

Thread: Off Topic - Thrift Store Find -Timex

Off Topic - Thrift Store Find -Timex

I walked into my local thrift store yesterday and immediately went to the watch display case to see what they had. In the back corner of the case was a plastic cube with a watch in it. I asked the clerk if I could look at it. He handed me the cube. To my surprise the cube contained a analog Timex Expedition watch. The watch still had the original tags on it, including the price tag -$54.99. I asked the clerk what the store price was -$9.99. So I went home with a new watch.

This watch is big! It has a screw back, indiglo light, and vibrating alarn. I took off the leather band that came with the watch and put on a Timex Resin band I had in my watch drawer. So now I have a new favorite watch. And I have a DW6900, that I found on eBay for $20, on the way. It's been a good week for watches!

Thanks to J&R.com for the photo.

Re: Off Topic - Thrift Store Find -Timex

Quote Originally Posted by twincity View Post
    I walked into my local thrift store yesterday and immediately went to the watch display case to see what they had. In the back corner of the case was a plastic cube with a watch in it. I asked the clerk if I could look at it. He handed me the cube. To my surprise the cube contained a analog Timex Expedition watch. The watch still had the original tags on it, including the price tag -$54.99. I asked the clerk what the store price was -$9.99. So I went home with a new watch.

This watch is big! It has a screw back, indiglo light, and vibrating alarn. I took off the leather band that came with the watch and put on a Timex Resin band I had in my watch drawer. So now I have a new favorite watch. And I have a DW6900, that I found on eBay for $20, on the way. It's been a good week for watches!

Thanks to J&R.com for the photo.

Great pickups, I'll have to remember to stick my head into the local thrift shop next time I go by.

Great Snag!.......none of my thrift stores ever
    have any watches. If they do, they usually
    want New Price plus about 10.00!
    Regards Sonny
    Motorcycling is my LIFE..
    2011 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom FXDC

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the beige tone Timex uses on some of the dials of its Expeditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I like the beige tone Timex uses on some of the dials of its Expeditions.
    I posted a thread awhile ago trying to get people to check out there local pawn shops and see what they could find. I've checked out a few shops pawn/thrift and have not found anything but gold watches or ladies watches. Still looking. I also though found a 6900 on ebay for 20 this week. I think he is going to get the H9 setup on him as his band is broke anyway. Another yellow watch YAY!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Casios:
    BG-182V-1V#DB-34H (needs forward button)#3 DW-003-9V 1597#DW-003-4V 1597#DW-004 Xtreme 1826#DW-5600E 1545#DW-6630B-9 1199#2 DW-6900 1289#DW 6900 1557#DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)#5 F-91W (4 need batts)#G-2300 2184 (won't turn on)#G-2500 2266 (looking for a new module)#TRW-100 (Needs new seal...leaks)#W-93H (Crystal and screws)Fossils:FS-3042Relics:ZR-11431 (bat)Mathey Tissots:MT-MGSRB-4081 (bat & crystal)

Thread Information