OFF TOPIC: What would you have done? - Page 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: OFF TOPIC: What would you have done?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: OFF TOPIC: What would you have done?

I would have made a cursory effort to get some contact info from it, but if it were locked or there was no information, I would would have turned it into the McDonalds management. If I did get in contact with the owner, I would see whether they would want to pick it up at McDs or from my possession.

In April 2009 I lost my iphone at 3am. In a Taxi cab. In NYC. While I was drunk. The next fare not only found my phone, but called multiple people in my contact list until it was relayed to me that my phone was found the next morning. The next evening I traveled into the city and picked up my phone, fully charged at a residence on the lower west side. Yes, I know I was lucky but I would certainly try to pay it forward.
    rdandy5875 and desire68 like this.

+Another for turning it in where you found it be it a McDonalds or wherever. The person will undoubtedly retrace their steps to find the phone and good job for handing it in in the first place. Too many others would have kept it and i'm sure you will agree, if it were your loss, you would hope that someone with some morals found it and handed it in!
    Mike

I found an iphone at Kohl's and went to the customer service desk to turn it in. A customer who was standing at the desk waiting for help immediately said, "Oh, that's my phone!" The clerk almost handed it to her and then stopped and asked, "What's the background screen look like?" The customer lady paused, then said, "It's my son's phone... I don't know..." The clerk tucked the phone in her desk and said she was going to hold onto it until someone could give identifying information. Sneaky customer...

It never occurred to me to keep the phone, not even for a second. But if I ever find cash on the ground, I always keep it, because there is no way to identify the rightful owner.
    desire68 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have turned in everything that doesn't belong to me, including cash.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyy1276 View Post
    I have turned in everything that doesn't belong to me, including cash.
    You mean to say you've never found a coin on the ground and picked it up and kept it? I find that hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    You mean to say you've never found a coin on the ground and picked it up and kept it? I find that hard to believe.
    I never have the need to find coins on the ground, unless I'm the one who drop them in the first place then I feel obligated to clean it up.

I never have the need to find coins on the ground, unless I'm the one who drop them in the first place then I feel obligated to clean it up.
    So therefore you don't turn in everything that doesn't belong to you. Sometimes you just leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    So therefore you don't turn in everything that doesn't belong to you. Sometimes you just leave it there.
    Are you saying some people don't pick up their coins?

i think you did the right thing. I'll prob just left it there untouched. What if I touch it and ppl accuse me taking their valuable item!?

There I came from, I was told when I was kid, ppl purposely left stuff on the street (valuable stuff) for other to pick it up. When you do, you will find yourself a bride. A GHOST BRIDE @@!!
    Well, I never confirm the truth or it might be a way to teach kids don't be curious to pick strange stuff off ground. But so far, I am still single.

Are you saying some people don't pick up their coins?

I'm half joking around, but the point I'm trying to make is that there is going to be a value judgment involved. If you found a penny on the ground and tried to turn it in to the police, they'd look at you like you were crazy. If you found $10,000 and decided to keep it, you'd seem like you had no morals. Those are extremes, but what about the questionable amounts? At what point is something deserving of being turned in? I don't know.... it depends on the person, and you'd have to ask yourself: "Would someone miss this enough to come back looking for it?" An ipad, definitely. It's the smaller things I'd wonder about more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information