The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 10
Like Tree2816Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PanKorop View Post
    The Oshi are 100% made in Japan, hand-polished and double-checked by their best watchmakers. The attention to minute, expensive finish details, refined or exotic materials is what makes your three-hander special.
    Also, they may be a lab: test the market (JDM always a lab, any brand) and some innovations. Meanwhile high prices finance the research, and fuel a new, high-end horologist’s image.
    Take the G-shocks: they’re even cheaper than Lineage, but same specs if not higher, bar the analog display.

PanKorop: Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense (mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    The Osh is titanium as well and Casio's titanium models are always more $$.
    Fergfour: Yes, that makes sense. In fact the Oceanus is by far the lightest watch I own. I remember first picking it up and being sure they had sent me an empty-case display model by mistake since it weighted almost nothing. Yet another reason why it's such a great grab and go......

- - - Updated - - -

The Oshi are 100% made in Japan, hand-polished and double-checked by their best watchmakers. The attention to minute, expensive finish details, refined or exotic materials is what makes your three-hander special.
    Also, they may be a lab: test the market (JDM always a lab, any brand) and some innovations. Meanwhile high prices finance the research, and fuel a new, high-end horologist’s image.
    Take the G-shocks: they’re even cheaper than Lineage, but same specs if not higher, bar the analog display.

PanKorop: Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense (mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    The Osh is titanium as well and Casio's titanium models are always more $$.
    Fergfour: Yes, that makes sense. In fact the Oceanus is by far the lightest watch I own. I remember first picking it up and being sure they had sent me an empty-case display model by mistake since it weighted almost nothing. Yet another reason why it's such a great grab and go......

Sorry, one more question: can u use regular straps on that lineage? The proprietary strap is one of the only flaws on the Oceanus 100.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warsh View Post
    Sorry, one more question: can u use regular straps on that lineage? The proprietary strap is one of the only flaws on the Oceanus 100.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well, check my first post on the Lineage. I insist, and show, I changed the bracelet for a standard 20mm strap, and believe it belongs there.
    Also, if you like the OCS-100, give it a try with its bracelet as, here I insist again, they’re thoughtfully paired and grow on you. The flaw is just on the paper, not at all on the wrist.

Btw, and I would say that about many other manufactured goods: if you half like it, then don’t buy it! This motto holds double true for luxury, or borderline such, products. Or even non maufactured, non products, non for sale, like life mates...

(Bullanus! I promised it was my last post on the Lineage, and here it goes snowball. Got already a full eight bits dropped in the jar...)

Rocket1991 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I been eying and suggesting Lineage models on occasion. Top models seem to be very well made and i really love how thin they are. Casio probably limited most models to the steel case to differentiate line from Oceanus.
    But still they are very impressive. Also in a logic of thin and technologically advanced Casio they strike vibe of 80-s. Which again is huge plus in my eyes.
    PanKorop likes this.
    It should be special!

Please allow a slightly heretic intrusion: a poor man’s Oshi-ansu (neh?), with its case back stamped (not engraved) “Cased in China”.

Attachment 13387857

While I love my OCS-100, I wanted a modern alternative to my scratched and beaten, hand-wound Speedmaster MkII. So, moderate size, weight and height, reliable, and anything but a busy multicoloured, circus dial. I said Speedo, not Daytona or Tag. The bigger Oceanus models, with all the complications, were tempting, but maybe a bit busy for my liking.

On the paper, the LIW-M700D-2AJF did it all. Now one’s gotta admit that “Daytona” sounds better, but Casio may have an wee bit of an issue with names. At least, “Lineage” is not poorly coined at all.

So, the specs:
    39.5 mm case (with as without the pushers), stainless steel;
    black (or in the option I chose, night-blue) uncluttered symetrical dial, white hands and markers;
    11.5 mm thick, well-curved lugs, spreading 46.5;
    10 atm proof;
    sapphire flat crystal;
    Multi-Band 6;
    Tough Solar;
    Stainless steel.
    Great looking watch, and I love that strap design. Thanks for sharing!
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Hi, been doing some research on getting getting an additional watch that has atomic time keeping capabilities, I have an OCW-S1400-1AJF, and quite like it and had it for over six years. I stopped wearing the OCW-S1400-1AJF when I purchased a Citizen Attesa watch approx. three to four years ago, but recently started wearing it again and just amazed on the finishing of it. I was hesitant on getting an additional radio controlled watch because been having trouble sync'ing the Oceanus previously, but then I discovered the JJY Simulator, and now if I can't sync my watches, I can just use the JJY Simulator, and it works great!! Further, I considered the GPS watches from Seiko/Citizen/Casio Oceanus, but then realized how thick and big they are, and might not work for me.

Then I decided that I want to get a black manta watch and looking at purchasing one of the OCW-S2400, OCW-S3000 and OCW-S3400 in black.

I really like the OCW-S2400B because it has a similar size to the OCW-S1400 that I have. I thought the OCW-S1400 looks right based on my wrist and arm size, as it looks proportional.

OCW-S1400 - Size 47.2 × 42.4 × 10.9 mm / 90g
    OCW-S2400 - Size 47.6 × 42.6 × 11.7 mm / 89g
    OCW-S3001 - Size 47.6 × 42.7 × 11.8 mm / 90g
    OCW-S3400 - Size 49 × 43.6 × 10.7 mm / 87g

I know the S3000 or S3001 is the most popular from reading this forum because of its 6 motors, and can operate I believe from three time zones and I believe can independently adjust each of those dials to be a chronograph and such. But I wasn't too into the dial layout, and preferred the dual time layout on the S1400 or S2400 that included 24 hour indicators.

The S3400 looks great, and quite thin, but the size when I saw it on some people's wrist, it just didn't look proportional.

I was wondering what people's opinion would be on these models and whether anyone had all three of these models and have some high resolution photos of them to see the finishing differences? If you have a S2400B (black version) or S3001B (black version) in very high resolution, that would be awesome, as I searched and can't really find anything.

Further, wondering if anybody know the main difference between S3400 vs S3000 in terms of their design? It seems like the S3400 is an upgrade of the S1400/S2400 versions.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, been doing some research on getting getting an additional watch that has atomic time keeping capabilities, I have an OCW-S1400-1AJF, and quite like it and had it for over six years. I stopped wearing the OCW-S1400-1AJF when I purchased a Citizen Attesa watch approx. three to four years ago, but recently started wearing it again and just amazed on the finishing of it. I was hesitant on getting an additional radio controlled watch because been having trouble sync'ing the Oceanus previously, but then I discovered the JJY Simulator, and now if I can't sync my watches, I can just use the JJY Simulator, and it works great!! Further, I considered the GPS watches from Seiko/Citizen/Casio Oceanus, but then realized how thick and big they are, and might not work for me.

Then I decided that I want to get a black manta watch and looking at purchasing one of the OCW-S2400, OCW-S3000 and OCW-S3400 in black.

I really like the OCW-S2400B because it has a similar size to the OCW-S1400 that I have. I thought the OCW-S1400 looks right based on my wrist and arm size, as it looks proportional.

OCW-S1400 - Size 47.2 × 42.4 × 10.9 mm / 90g
    OCW-S2400 - Size 47.6 × 42.6 × 11.7 mm / 89g
    OCW-S3001 - Size 47.6 × 42.7 × 11.8 mm / 90g
    OCW-S3400 - Size 49 × 43.6 × 10.7 mm / 87g

I know the S3000 or S3001 is the most popular from reading this forum because of its 6 motors, and can operate I believe from three time zones and I believe can independently adjust each of those dials to be a chronograph and such. But I wasn't too into the dial layout, and preferred the dual time layout on the S1400 or S2400 that included 24 hour indicators.

The S3400 looks great, and quite thin, but the size when I saw it on some people's wrist, it just didn't look proportional.

I was wondering what people's opinion would be on these models and whether anyone had all three of these models and have some high resolution photos of them to see the finishing differences? If you have a S2400B (black version) or S3001B (black version) in very high resolution, that would be awesome, as I searched and can't really find anything.

Further, wondering if anybody know the main difference between S3400 vs S3000 in terms of their design? It seems like the S3400 is an upgrade of the S1400/S2400 versions.

Thanks!

Name:  img_1.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  413.6 KB
    Name:  i-img1200x676-1530801729a5g1hh497830.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  61.5 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  img_1.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  413.6 KB
    Name:  i-img1200x676-1530801729a5g1hh497830.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  61.5 KB

Good back to Oceanus :) Love the 1400 Tony, that's on my shortlist.

I started to notice the trend..

S2000 S3000 S4000 are usually two subdials that are vertical position.

S1400 S2400 S3400 are usually dual time, and a diagonal sub-dial positions.

These might have been posted elsewhere, the OCW S4000S (150 pieces) and OCW S4000C (1500 pieces). Pretty fancy stuff.

https://www.casio-watches.com/basel/...ocw-s4000.html

Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information