The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 2
Like Tree2829Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    i vote making this a Sticky.

how about an Edifice dedicated tread too?

and for Rotoslav,,,,"other"
    I second that motion.. I aspire to get an Oceanus sometime when it doesn't break the bank. But I love the Edifice line.
    kubr1ck likes this.
    ... What time is it? ...

Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    I was waiting for you to start this thread, Ferg. This line definitely deserves it. I read that Casio designed the Oceanus line to be sporty dress watches, using high grade materials and incorporating their most advanced technology, which explains how lightweight and thin most of these pieces are. Last March I picked up a near-mint, pre-owned OCW-G1000B-1AJF from a seller in Japan as a way of testing the waters since I was new to the line, and as you mentioned, there isn't much English-language material available about it. I work long hours in an office environment, and I've been very pleased with the fact that when I wear this one, I forget I have it on, which isn't something I can say about other high-end Casios like the MR-G and Pro Trek Manaslu, which I love equally but are built according to slightly different principles (namely shock resist and outdoor use).

Titanium with DLC coating, sapphire crystal, tough solar, MB6 and GPS sync, this thing packs a punch in its build quality, technology and fit & finish. Like many other Oshis, the metallic bits on the dial (namely the hands and indices) are tinted in very subtle bluish-green highlights, so when the light bounces off the dial, it reflects off the AR-coating of the crystal and makes the whole dial glow in an aqua-colored resplendence. Very special, which is what you'd expect when you dish out the extra dough for pieces like this.

In any case, I am now 110% sold on the line, so have pushed the button on my second Oshi, which is the OCW-G2000-1AJF that harald-hans and James142 already own. Should arrive from Japan later this week or early next. Looking forward to sharing photos and impressions on this thread.
    Your enthusiasm for the line played a part in my interest kubr1ck. I don't know if I should thank you or curse you lol. Good news about the G2000! Stunning.
    p.s. I like that little airplane on the G1000 :)
    kubr1ck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsatz View Post
    I second that motion.. I aspire to get an Oceanus sometime when it doesn't break the bank. But I love the Edifice line.
    Motion carried. Go ahead and have the honor of starting it, and I will add the 2 that I have.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Your enthusiasm for the line played a part in my interest kubr1ck. I don't know if I should thank you or curse you lol. Good news about the G2000! Stunning.
    p.s. I like that little airplane on the G1000 :)
    I knew you'd take things to the next level, man. I'm a Casio enthusiast, but I consider you one of the few real collectors on here, making a science out of it. Looking forward to your posts on this thread.

p.s. that airplane denotes airplane mode, which is kind of hilarious.
    Fergfour and Rocket1991 like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

aqua-colored resplendence
    So good Kubrick, some serious prose there. My favorite aspect of the Oceanus line is the distinctive blue used in their design. Would love a OCW-P1000B one day...sigh...such a nice blue rotating bezel...

I snuck in the back door with my scruffy pawnshop find, but there is a bit of blue in there. Currently trying to figure out a replacement band.

OCW-M700TBJ
    Last model sold in NA, and AFAIK the only one with tide information.(edit: similar OCW-M7000 also has tide, plus tachymeter)
    Name:  oshi.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  123.5 KB
    Name:  20180711_153924.jpg
Size:  142.1 KB
    Last edited by FarmeR57; August 6th, 2018 at 08:59.
    GaryK30, kubr1ck, Fergfour and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmeR57 View Post
    So good Kubrick, some serious prose there. My favorite aspect of the Oceanus line is the distinctive blue used in their design. Would love a OCW-P1000B one day...sigh...such a nice blue rotating bezel...

I snuck in the back door with my scruffy pawnshop find, but there is a bit of blue in there. Currently trying to figure out a replacement band.

OCW-M700TBJ
    Last model sold in NA, and AFAIK the only one with tide information.(edit: similar OCW-M7000 also has tide, plus tachymeter)
    Name:  oshi.jpg
Size:  123.5 KB
    This was the find of the year as far as I'm concerned. I hope you can locate a band for it because that dial is a beauty. I love busy dials that somehow don't look all that busy because they are so well designed and laid out.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."

The current line-up of Oceanus timepieces: https://oceanus.casio.jp/collection/

The site's in Japanese, but if you're on Chrome, just right-click and Google translate baby!

It should be noted that there is an ocean of older pieces (see what I did there?) available on the pre-owned market that can be tracked down on eBay, many of them fascinating and exquisitely beautiful (as Ferg well knows!). Take for example this Oceanus Manta OCW-S1350PC-1AJR, limited to 300 pieces worldwide. It appears to have a mother of pearl plate in the center of the dial, which is simply stunning.

Name:  Casio_OCEANUS_OCW-S1350PC-1AJR_01.JPG
Views: 873
Size:  1.44 MB

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post

Still afraid of this watch because I would have no way of justifying wearing anything else.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

I think these Oceanus models are superb. I really must invest in one of these.
    kubr1ck and Rocket1991 like this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060. Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT. Omega Aqua Terra 8500. Omega Planet Ocean 8800. Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF. Casio MRG-7600-1AJF. Casio MRG-7700-1AJF. Casio GMW-B5000-1ER. Casio GMW-B5000TB-1ER. Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Cool - this is the thread I am still waiting for ...

Name:  IMG_8574.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  2.72 MB

Name:  IMG_8561.JPG
Views: 907
Size:  2.27 MB

Name:  IMG_8562.JPG
Views: 870
Size:  2.94 MB

Name:  IMG_8563.JPG
Views: 867
Size:  2.38 MB

Name:  IMG_8564.JPG
Views: 877
Size:  2.31 MB

Name:  ORG_DSC00377.JPG
Views: 884
Size:  3.91 MB

Name:  A838AC12-8D4D-4793-BB1B-8492F36AFF03.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  1.27 MB

Sent from my NOKIA 1011 using Takatuka ...

Greetings from Germany - harald-hans

Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information