The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 20
Like Tree2690Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 20 of 103 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1022
  1. #191
    Member Fergfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    6,268

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by James142 View Post
    Yeah, the MRG is module 5163.

    I really enjoy the look and functionality of the ana-digi.
    Honestly I've always admired the 7600 but never found one at the right price (cheap enough) for me.
    James142 likes this.

  2. #192
    Member kubr1ck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,243

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Pretty anthracite Oshi.

    Name:  IMAG1032.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  2.01 MB
    Fergfour, Sid_Mac, GaryK30 and 3 others like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

  3. #193
    Member Fergfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    6,268

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    The OCW500 was the first Oceanus back in 2004. It was billed as the worlds first metal-cased atomic solar chrono. There are several different versions, one with a leather strap, some with numeric indices, different color chapter rings, etc. They've never been at the top of my list though, but I stumbled across this limited 2006 model and thought it had a very unique style compared to the other 500's with the black bezel and blue/red highlights. I also noticed it's a numbered edition which isn't very common among Oceanus (or Casio in general). The number is engraved on the caseback. 2006 were made for the World cup in that year. It's a fun piece, and $111 for a numbered titanium sapphire Oceanus? No brainer for me.
    Here are some internet pics, I'll post again later in the month when I receive it.

    Name:  20050614_0.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  28.9 KB
    Name:  i-img1200x900-1535259757xoqysq833275.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  373.6 KB
    Name:  back.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  294.7 KB
    Name:  clasp.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  124.5 KB

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #194
    Member Sid_Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    225

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    The OCW500 was the first Oceanus back in 2004. It was billed as the worlds first metal-cased atomic solar chrono. There are several different versions, one with a leather strap, some with numeric indices, different color chapter rings, etc. They've never been at the top of my list though, but I stumbled across this limited 2006 model and thought it had a very unique style compared to the other 500's with the black bezel and blue/red highlights. I also noticed it's a numbered edition which isn't very common among Oceanus (or Casio in general). The number is engraved on the caseback. 2006 were made for the World cup in that year. It's a fun piece, and $111 for a numbered titanium sapphire Oceanus? No brainer for me.
    Here are some internet pics, I'll post again later in the month when I receive it.

    Name:  20050614_0.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  28.9 KB
    Name:  i-img1200x900-1535259757xoqysq833275.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  373.6 KB
    Name:  back.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  294.7 KB
    Name:  clasp.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  124.5 KB
    Wow, $111.00 is a great price, virtually a steal for any Oceanus. Congratulations!
    Fergfour likes this.
    ~Sid_Mac

  6. #195
    Member Fergfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    6,268

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Mac View Post
    Wow, $111.00 is a great price, virtually a steal for any Oceanus. Congratulations!
    I placed a bid for a little more than that and let it ride. I wasn't planning on pushing it further. Could be the looks are polarizing to some, or people are more focused on picking up more recent Osh models.
    In general for me, there are times when I can take or leave certain models. But if a special edition differentiates itself enough, and I like the look, it's often enough for me to pull the trigger.
    Sid_Mac and Rocket1991 like this.

  7. #196
    Member Rocket1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,329

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    I placed a bid for a little more than that and let it ride. I wasn't planning on pushing it further. Could be the looks are polarizing to some, or people are more focused on picking up more recent Osh models.
    In general for me, there are times when I can take or leave certain models. But if a special edition differentiates itself enough, and I like the look, it's often enough for me to pull the trigger.
    I really like this one! For said bid price i would of bought myself (regardless of financial situation). It really cool watch and very very special.
    I had MTP-1227 and WVQ140BA-5B which i going to fish out of box and post today if i (get enough strength after full day). I really liked cute corckiness of digital readout and absolutely unique character of the watch.
    Fergfour likes this.
    It should be special!

  8. #197
    Member kubr1ck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,243

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Name:  IMAG1136 (1).jpg
Views: 295
Size:  1.53 MB
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

  9. #198
    Member Inkahalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jupiter, Fl
    Posts
    605

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Got this OCW 600 during the weekend; wasn’t working and got a few scratches but bought it for the fun of it, the person selling it thought it was a regular Casio that run out of battery so asking price was low, I pushed a little bit more and got a heck of a deal.

    Let it sit on my window for a whole day and started working (No need for a new battery)!!! Overnight sync also worked like a charm!!!
    Blue touches on the hands are really amazing...I’m a happy camper!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images






  10. #199
    Member Fergfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    6,268

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Inkahalo View Post
    Got this OCW 600 during the weekend; wasn’t working and got a few scratches but bought it for the fun of it, the person selling it thought it was a regular Casio that run out of battery so asking price was low, I pushed a little bit more and got a heck of a deal.

    Let it sit on my window for a whole day and started working (No need for a new battery)!!! Overnight sync also worked like a charm!!!
    Blue touches on the hands are really amazing...I’m a happy camper!!!
    Congrats! You can always polish or brush the titanium if you feel like it. Good thing is the sapphire will ensure clear legibility for many many years ahead.
    Inkahalo likes this.

  11. #200
    Member Inkahalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jupiter, Fl
    Posts
    605

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Congrats! You can always polish or brush the titanium if you feel like it. Good thing is the sapphire will ensure clear legibility for many many years ahead.
    Thnak you, yes I will polish the watch in a while.

Page 20 of 103 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 322
      Last Post: January 12th, 2010, 04:56
    2. Replies: 354
      Last Post: November 13th, 2009, 13:09
    3. Replies: 306
      Last Post: October 19th, 2009, 14:41
    4. Replies: 309
      Last Post: September 22nd, 2009, 12:36
    5. Replies: 307
      Last Post: August 24th, 2009, 03:00

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •