The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 20
Like Tree2690Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 20 of 103 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by James142 View Post
    Yeah, the MRG is module 5163.

I really enjoy the look and functionality of the ana-digi.
    Honestly I've always admired the 7600 but never found one at the right price (cheap enough) for me.
    James142 likes this.

Pretty anthracite Oshi.

Name:  IMAG1032.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  2.01 MB
    Fergfour, Sid_Mac, GaryK30 and 3 others like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

The OCW500 was the first Oceanus back in 2004. It was billed as the worlds first metal-cased atomic solar chrono. There are several different versions, one with a leather strap, some with numeric indices, different color chapter rings, etc. They've never been at the top of my list though, but I stumbled across this limited 2006 model and thought it had a very unique style compared to the other 500's with the black bezel and blue/red highlights. I also noticed it's a numbered edition which isn't very common among Oceanus (or Casio in general). The number is engraved on the caseback. 2006 were made for the World cup in that year. It's a fun piece, and $111 for a numbered titanium sapphire Oceanus? No brainer for me.
    Here are some internet pics, I'll post again later in the month when I receive it.

Name:  20050614_0.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  28.9 KB
    Name:  i-img1200x900-1535259757xoqysq833275.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  373.6 KB
    Name:  back.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  294.7 KB
    Name:  clasp.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  124.5 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    The OCW500 was the first Oceanus back in 2004. It was billed as the worlds first metal-cased atomic solar chrono. There are several different versions, one with a leather strap, some with numeric indices, different color chapter rings, etc. They've never been at the top of my list though, but I stumbled across this limited 2006 model and thought it had a very unique style compared to the other 500's with the black bezel and blue/red highlights. I also noticed it's a numbered edition which isn't very common among Oceanus (or Casio in general). The number is engraved on the caseback. 2006 were made for the World cup in that year. It's a fun piece, and $111 for a numbered titanium sapphire Oceanus? No brainer for me.
    Here are some internet pics, I'll post again later in the month when I receive it.

Name:  20050614_0.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  28.9 KB
    Name:  i-img1200x900-1535259757xoqysq833275.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  373.6 KB
    Name:  back.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  294.7 KB
    Name:  clasp.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  124.5 KB
    Wow, $111.00 is a great price, virtually a steal for any Oceanus. Congratulations!
    Fergfour likes this.
    ~Sid_Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Mac View Post
    Wow, $111.00 is a great price, virtually a steal for any Oceanus. Congratulations!
    I placed a bid for a little more than that and let it ride. I wasn't planning on pushing it further. Could be the looks are polarizing to some, or people are more focused on picking up more recent Osh models.
    In general for me, there are times when I can take or leave certain models. But if a special edition differentiates itself enough, and I like the look, it's often enough for me to pull the trigger.
    Sid_Mac and Rocket1991 like this.

I placed a bid for a little more than that and let it ride. I wasn't planning on pushing it further. Could be the looks are polarizing to some, or people are more focused on picking up more recent Osh models.
    In general for me, there are times when I can take or leave certain models. But if a special edition differentiates itself enough, and I like the look, it's often enough for me to pull the trigger.
    I really like this one! For said bid price i would of bought myself (regardless of financial situation). It really cool watch and very very special.
    I had MTP-1227 and WVQ140BA-5B which i going to fish out of box and post today if i (get enough strength after full day). I really liked cute corckiness of digital readout and absolutely unique character of the watch.
    Fergfour likes this.
    It should be special!

Name:  IMAG1136 (1).jpg
Views: 295
Size:  1.53 MB
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Got this OCW 600 during the weekend; wasn’t working and got a few scratches but bought it for the fun of it, the person selling it thought it was a regular Casio that run out of battery so asking price was low, I pushed a little bit more and got a heck of a deal.

Let it sit on my window for a whole day and started working (No need for a new battery)!!! Overnight sync also worked like a charm!!!
    Blue touches on the hands are really amazing...I’m a happy camper!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Inkahalo View Post
    Got this OCW 600 during the weekend; wasn’t working and got a few scratches but bought it for the fun of it, the person selling it thought it was a regular Casio that run out of battery so asking price was low, I pushed a little bit more and got a heck of a deal.

Let it sit on my window for a whole day and started working (No need for a new battery)!!! Overnight sync also worked like a charm!!!
    Blue touches on the hands are really amazing...I’m a happy camper!!!
    Congrats! You can always polish or brush the titanium if you feel like it. Good thing is the sapphire will ensure clear legibility for many many years ahead.
    Inkahalo likes this.

Congrats! You can always polish or brush the titanium if you feel like it. Good thing is the sapphire will ensure clear legibility for many many years ahead.
    Thnak you, yes I will polish the watch in a while.

Page 20 of 103 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information