The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 22
Like Tree2842Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 22 of 107 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

I have a question about current Oceanus models, figured I'd ask here without starting a new thread:

Is there a current model with backlight? Looking to add a daily wear watch of titanium, DLC coating, and loads of tech, preferably hybrid timekeeping. There are several Oceanus models that fit the description (G1000, G1200, G2000, etc.) and I absolutely love their looks, but none of them appear to have a backlight. I missed that greatly on my Astron and wouldn't buy a daily driver without it. Lume is great, but not real substitute.

Another thing that I'm unsure of is whether the mentioned G-line Oceani have micro-adjustable bracelets. Could anybody enlighten me?

The natural alternative would be the MR-G G1000, but no matter how many times I come back that magnificent beast, it's still too bulky and heavy for everyday wear.

Many thanks for any recommendation.
    - Casio G-Shock MR-G G1000B-1A
    - Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF
    - Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW9400-1
    - Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000TCM-1
    - Longines Hydroconquest L3.781.4.56.6
    - Seiko Samurai Great White Shark edition SRPD23K1

The older anadigi 300, 400, and 410 have lights, I'm not aware of any newer ones having them.

The Oceanus thread breaks 10,000 views! Okeanos is pleased.

Name:  Oceanus_Concept_Art.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  126.8 KB
    Torvec, GaryK30, James142 and 7 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Guys, there's a rare (one of 300 made) OCW S1350 on Yahoo Japan Auctions right now. Came out in 2010. A little out of my bracket but figured someone here might be keen on it.

Name:  i-img1000x946-1529763330qqp9z212281.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  146.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Miklos86 View Post
    I have a question about current Oceanus models, figured I'd ask here without starting a new thread:

Is there a current model with backlight? Looking to add a daily wear watch of titanium, DLC coating, and loads of tech, preferably hybrid timekeeping. There are several Oceanus models that fit the description (G1000, G1200, G2000, etc.) and I absolutely love their looks, but none of them appear to have a backlight. I missed that greatly on my Astron and wouldn't buy a daily driver without it. Lume is great, but not real substitute.

Another thing that I'm unsure of is whether the mentioned G-line Oceani have micro-adjustable bracelets. Could anybody enlighten me?

The natural alternative would be the MR-G G1000, but no matter how many times I come back that magnificent beast, it's still too bulky and heavy for everyday wear.

Maybe you should look into the Casio Lineage line. The entry models like the LCW-M170D series do have most of what you ask for, except the titanium case.
    But:
    - compact enough
    - radio 6-wave control
    - sapphire glass
    - hybrid display (with black background LCD)
    - lume plus illuminating diode
    - black coating option. Whether DLC or not beats me.

Also, they have standard lugs, so the ability to use some canvas or leather strap. From my experience, it’s solid links bracelets which make steel watches feel heavy on the wrist.
    Now alright their cases are non-commital, nothing like the Oshi complex shape. Imho ok for daily beaters.

Generally, the Lineage line, if less distinctive, seems to be quite balanced and comprehensive.
    Last edited by PanKorop; September 7th, 2018 at 04:53. Reason: Orig. wrote Edifice when meant Lineage...
    Sir-Guy likes this.

Did you mean the Lineage line Pankorop? As far as I know, most if not all analog Osh and Lineage do not have a light, the anadigi's do though.
    Last edited by Fergfour; September 7th, 2018 at 03:34.
    PanKorop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Did you mean the Lineage line Pankorop? As far as I know, most if not all analog Osh and Lineage do not have a light, the anadigi's do though.
    My bad. Lineage is what I meant — thanks!
    Will correct to avoid spreading confusius, err confusion :-/

Corrected: Cmd-F “Edifice” Cmd-R “Lineage”
    Last edited by PanKorop; September 7th, 2018 at 04:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Guys, there's a rare (one of 300 made) OCW S1350 on Yahoo Japan Auctions right now. Came out in 2010. A little out of my bracket but figured someone here might be keen on it.
    Nice! I posted about this piece earlier in this thread. It is sick with that mother of pearl face plate. Let's all pitch in and buy one for the group.

Here's a better photo:

Name:  Casio_OCEANUS_OCW-S1350PC-1AJR_01.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  1.44 MB
    GaryK30 and Phreddo like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Quote Originally Posted by PanKorop View Post
    Maybe you should look into the Casio Lineage line. The entry models like the LCW-M170D series do have most of what you ask for, except the titanium case.
    But:
    - compact enough
    - radio 6-wave control
    - sapphire glass
    - hybrid display (with black background LCD)
    - lume plus illuminating diode
    - black coating option. Whether DLC or not beats me.

Also, they have standard lugs, so the ability to use some canvas or leather strap. From my experience, it’s solid links bracelets which make steel watches feel heavy on the wrist.
    Now alright their cases are non-commital, nothing like the Oshi complex shape. Imho ok for daily beaters.

Generally, the Lineage line, if less distinctive, seems to be quite balanced and comprehensive.
    This is quite a nice post. Concise and informative. Thanks for your work on it! (And I’m not even the OP.)

Quote Originally Posted by Miklos86 View Post

My OCW-G1000 does not have any type of micro adjustment system, just half links, but my G2000 does, though it only adjusts by about half a link via a sliding mechanism. These watches are so light weight and comfortable though that I didn't have any problems finding a comfortable fit.

None of the model lines you mention have backlights, though this isn't that surprising for analog dials with substantially thinner profiles than MR-Gs.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Page 22 of 107 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread Information