The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 3
Like Tree2814Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    This was the find of the year as far as I'm concerned. I hope you can locate a band for it because that dial is a beauty. I love busy dials that somehow don't look all that busy because they are so well designed and laid out.
    The 700/7000 are unique with that little tide graph, which if you think about, makes sense for a watch with "Ocean" in it's name. The 7000 has a different bracelet with a deployant clasp and a tach bezel, but I haven't noticed anything else. It's possible the 7000 is Ti carbide treated and the 700 isn't but that's just speculation on my part. The 7000 seems a bit more scarce, I've seen several 700's at auction but no 7000's.

The good thing about the 700, unlike some Oceanus is there's no center lug. You're free to get any strap you want! Leather, rubber, perlon, nato..
    Last edited by Fergfour; August 6th, 2018 at 14:14.
    kubr1ck and FarmeR57 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    It's so hard to pass over the S100 in the daily rotation! I sometimes feel the S100 is to Oceanus as the GW5000 is to Gshock. Neither is the most expensive, neither has the most or newest capabilities, but they have that certain intangible something about them.
    I lucked out on this S100 in Yahoo market Japan. Never seen another quite the same: the hour indexes are silver, not blue. Dial slate gray; the bezel same, almost black (DLC?), with minute markings. Oddly, the tip of the seconds hand and UTC at 12 are a pale orange-beige. The only blue accents are the Oce... (yeah, could explain why they retired that sphincter brand from the US) wave, and the blue reflection of the sapphire rim. I couldn’t resolve with all the blue on the more common models.
    I’m so glad it can’t take another watchband, so I left it on the bracelet. With this scorching summer here, it’s among the only watches I can wear comfortably — light and fresh. The other two are a Luch one-hander on fine mesh, and a Perseo railroad pocket watch! But no swimming with these...
    Sorry for this quick (shot) and dirty (glass) low-res:

Name:  92119B88-73DE-48C9-8596-C76BA9853AC7.jpeg
Views: 660
Size:  87.5 KB
    Rocket1991, kubr1ck, kenls and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by harald-hans View Post
    Cool - this is the thread I am still waiting for ...
    Superb harald. They look great on those Erikas straps, and only 63gm? So light! I ordered a couple Erikas almost 2 weeks ago, haven't heard anything on when or if they've shipped.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PanKorop View Post
    I lucked out on this S100 in Yahoo market Japan. Never seen another quite the same: the hour indexes are silver, not blue. Dial slate gray; the bezel same, almost black (DLC?), with minute markings. Oddly, the tip of the seconds hand and UTC at 12 are a pale orange-beige. The only blue accents are the Oce... (yeah, could explain why they retired that sphincter brand from the US) wave, and the blue reflection of the sapphire rim. I couldn’t resolve with all the blue on the more common models.
    I’m so glad it can’t take another watchband, so I left it on the bracelet. With this scorching summer here, it’s among the only watches I can wear comfortably — light and fresh. The other two are a Luch one-hander on fine mesh, and a Perseo railroad pocket watch! But no swimming with these...
    Sorry for this quick (shot) and dirty (glass) low-res:

Name:  92119B88-73DE-48C9-8596-C76BA9853AC7.jpeg
Size:  87.5 KB
    Cool Pankorop, you have the "F" model. I believe they made 4 variations of the S100, I don't see yours at auction very much. No idea if the bezel is black IP or DLC though.

Name:  1.jpg
Size:  64.3 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  66.8 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  66.0 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  64.6 KB

p.s. I pronounce it "Ocean - us"
    Last edited by Fergfour; August 6th, 2018 at 14:39.
    PanKorop, kubr1ck, kenls and 3 others like this.

These babies show off what Casio is really capable of, even beyond the robustness of the MR-Gs.

Great thread to drool over, but in reality I don't crave any of the current Oceanus lineup. I'm very happy with the Seiko Astron which is comparable in elegance, tech and build quality.
    Last edited by Miklos86; August 6th, 2018 at 16:31. Reason: there was no update...THERE WAS NO UPDATE!
    - Casio G-Shock MR-G G1000B-1A
    - Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF
    - Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW9400-1
    - Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000TCM-1
    - Longines Hydroconquest L3.781.4.56.6
    - Seiko Samurai Great White Shark edition SRPD23K1

Quote Originally Posted by Miklos86 View Post
    These babies show off what Casio is really capable of, even beyond the robustness of the MR-Gs.

Great thread to drool over, but in reality I don't crave any of the current Oceanus lineup. I'm very happy with the Seiko Astron which is comparable in elegance, tech and build quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm - the Astron do only have GPS and so you have to change the DST manual !!!

The Oceanus - for example the OCW-G2000 - has not only MultiBand6, it also has the GPS AND the Bluetooth connection via APP to your Smartphone - why Bluetooth ?

For example - if there is any change in a time zone in the future you will receive an update via the APP - this would never will work with ONLY GPS !!!

I think this made a great difference - for me it was the reason to sell all my Seiko Astron´s ...

GaryK30 likes this.
    Sent from my NOKIA 1011 using Takatuka ...

Greetings from Germany - harald-hans

Take this ...

Name:  IMG_8588.JPG
Views: 680
Size:  1.95 MB
    Sent from my NOKIA 1011 using Takatuka ...

Greetings from Germany - harald-hans

Quote Originally Posted by Miklos86 View Post

MRG's are amazing in their own right and are tested to meet Gshock standards of toughness. I don't know to what levels of shock Oceanus tested but I've often wondered if they undergo some of the same tests G's do. I know they have "tough solar" and "tough movt" and some use a "hybrid mount construction for added shock resistance" but beyond that I have no idea. Most newer Oceanus are 100M water resistant too so there's that.
    Last edited by Fergfour; August 6th, 2018 at 17:21.

Stunning pictures Harold-Hans, thank-you. What strap have you put on them?

I think harald-hans is going to be responsible for a lot of Oceanus purchases.

Here's a quick shot of my new one; will post more later.

Name:  IMG_20180804_154707.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  210.7 KB

Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread Information