The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 38
Like Tree2816Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 38 of 106 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 88 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mulv View Post
    Sorry for the slight grave-dig, but what are those beautiful watch stands?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nussbaumhol...r/162306923413
    Sent from my NOKIA 1011 using Takatuka ...

Greetings from Germany - harald-hans

Hey, all... new guy here (well, I've lurked a little bit for years but only joined recently).

Can anyone tell me what I just bought on eBay tonight? Oceanus OC-112; Googling doesn't turn up much. I do get pics that look like the same watch model, so at least there's that. I haven't managed to turn up any reviews of it, though, including here on WUS. Why did I bid on it without knowing anything about it? Hmm... I'm not entirely sure. It looked interesting, and the auction was ending about a day after I first noticed it. And I figured if I could get it cheap, it was worth the risk. (Ended up winning it for $26.50 + $4.50 S/H, - $5.00 eBay coupon, so $26 delivered.)

Pic from eBay seller:
    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  145.7 KB

By way of introduction, I've been a mechanical watch kind of guy for about 20 years... until I dipped my toe back into the quartz world recently by picking up a Casio Royale as just something fun to wear. Somehow I immediately started researching a whole lot of Casio stuff and not paying much attention at all to the mechanical watch world for a change. Like F91s. And that sweet MDV-106 Duro. And G-SHOCK, and Edifice, and Lineage (love the LCW-M300D and LCW-M600D), and certainly Oceanus (wow, absolutely love that OCW-S100). Oh, and I thought I was going to buy a G-SHOCK GW-M5610 next, but ended up deciding on an AWG-M100B as my first ever G-SHOCK instead. Selected due to 1) being small for a non-square G-SHOCK (needed to be compatible with my small wrists!), 2) being solar/atomic, and 3) being ana/digi. Supposed to arrive tomorrow (Wednesday)!
    GaryK30, grinta and kubr1ck like this.

Welcome I don't know anything about the watch. But welcome and I love the look or that one and can't beat that price.👍

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks! And yes, the price is certainly nice and made it seem like a reasonable gamble. It does look like it has its fair share of scratches, plus maybe a bit more, though. And on a combination brushed and polished bracelet... if it ends up looking less noticeably scratched than I'm expecting, I'll just wear it as is. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to try to learn how to properly restore the finish.

Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread, Resto parts

[QUOTE=GaryK30;48030161]PacParts is one place where you can get OCW-S100 parts.

Thanks Gary!

My sweet-spot of 40mm generally requires purchasing used, which brings up restoration parts or techniques for repair. I like three-handed (mostly), tough and outdoor, dive, field and aviator styles. From Japan I like the Prospex, Overland, Oceanus, ProMaster kind of stuff.

I've noticed that PacParts doesn't carry many JDM model parts. It looks like they don't list a bezel separately only as a "Case/Center Assembly", (often with no pics on PacParts), which is a shame as the bezel is a high wear part . Also some of the Titanium finishes are bead/sand blasted and beyond my experience for repair.

It would be nice to have a cross reference for parts that work across other models i.e. Casio-->Lineage-->Overland-->Oceanus as I've noticed some watches for sale that appear very interesting, but parts are NLA. PacParts does show cross reference for parts they carry which is nice. Do we have that on this board? The Network is the Computer--->The Board is the Cross Reference ; ))

As an example, I find the Oceanus OCW-650T very interesting. Where could I buy a new bezel for that watch? It's an EU model, perhaps I'll email Casio UK.

Of course, I could limit my search to pristine examples, but that would require patience and discipline.

Sources for JDM parts would be helpful. It would expand the purchasing possibilities of older Oceanus and Overland watches which are grabbing my attention these days.

I'm REALLY enjoying learning about Japan's "Third" brand. I say third brand, but i bet Casio blows Seiko and Citizen away in unit volume. I know all three companies are similar in revenue. Casio is a consistent leader in Amazon's Top 100 best selling watches. Casio has an amazingly large catalog beyond G-Shock, which is all I ever previously associated with Casio.

Nice find!

Congrats, that's a uniquely cool watch. Nobody will be wearing the same watch as you at your next happy hour!

I picked up a couple paint-soaked watches from the same seller. A little elbow grease, hot soapy water, peg stock, dental floss, polish and 3M pads for re-brushing and underneath it all were some mostly new watches! One still had the protective plastic cover on the back.

Enjoy

LOL, I know that watch! I bid upto $25.50 for it last week, then gave up, you got a GREAT deal. All of the watches the seller has seem to have been splashed with white paint and then cleaned, weird but great offerings.The grail Oceanus I want-need probably doesn't exist (simple dial, illumination led or EL, no subdials, with day-date display + atomic). The closest Casio I could find is a LCW-170M-1AER on it's way here from European vendor (watch not for sale by US vendors)
    Name:  LCW-M170TD-7AER.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  47.1 KB
    Had an OCWs100 for a bit-returned it to orig owner-long story. Good score DJ, welcome to forum and no hard feelings here-passed because no atomic. NIce looking watch regardless, is face more of a green or gray?
    Last edited by pl_gristle; February 17th, 2019 at 05:17.

Picked mine up today. It arrived from Japan after a 2 week journey (more or less) from Tokyo to NYC to Florida. No one was home to sign for it yesterday, and the post office nearly lost it at their office where they held it, but eventually they found it. It's really a very nice watch. It wouldn't radio sync manually (mid-day), so I brought it inside and used the Clock Wave app and within 5 min the sync took. I don't think it needed a sync, because out of the box it was already pretty accurate (albeit Tokyo time zone, which was easily changed).

Name:  Casio_Oceanus_Wrist_Shot_Edit.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  196.3 KB

Name:  Casio_Oceanus_Lume_Edit.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  29.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MissileExpert View Post
    Picked mine up today. It arrived from Japan after a 2 week journey (more or less) from Tokyo to NYC to Florida. No one was home to sign for it yesterday, and the post office nearly lost it at their office where they held it, but eventually they found it. It's really a very nice watch. It wouldn't radio sync manually (mid-day), so I brought it inside and used the Clock Wave app and within 5 min the sync took. I don't think it needed a sync, because out of the box it was already pretty accurate (albeit Tokyo time zone, which was easily changed).

Name:  Casio_Oceanus_Wrist_Shot_Edit.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  196.3 KB

Name:  Casio_Oceanus_Lume_Edit.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  29.4 KB
    Congrats!

Awesome, congrats, @MissileExpert! I’ve been going back and forth on getting one for a while now. The weird proprietary bracelet and lug situation throws me off a bit. And I’m also afraid I’d quickly find a reason to not wear my other watches, so there’s that.

What are your first impressions? Initial likes and dislikes based on what you knew before you got it? Curious about how it measures up in real life.
    jkpa likes this.

Page 38 of 106 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread Information