The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 39
Like Tree2816Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 39 of 106 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Guy View Post
    Awesome, congrats, @MissileExpert! I’ve been going back and forth on getting one for a while now. The weird proprietary bracelet and lug situation throws me off a bit. And I’m also afraid I’d quickly find a reason to not wear my other watches, so there’s that.

What are your first impressions? Initial likes and dislikes based on what you knew before you got it? Curious about how it measures up in real life.
    It’s epic. Ignore all the bracelet crap, it’s not important. It’s perfect on the bracelet. It’s light, it’s comfortable. Looks great.

Awesome, congrats, @MissileExpert! Iíve been going back and forth on getting one for a while now. The weird proprietary bracelet and lug situation throws me off a bit. And Iím also afraid Iíd quickly find a reason to not wear my other watches, so thereís that.

What are your first impressions? Initial likes and dislikes based on what you knew before you got it? Curious about how it measures up in real life.
    First impressions are good. It's a really beautiful watch and pics don't seem to do it justice. If you're used to larger watches, or have a really big wrist (mine if 7.5"), this one might not be for you, since it's a 40.5 mm case. But, the simplicity of the dial and the quality of execution really make it a stunning watch. I prefer my watches on bracelets, so the proprietary end link deal doesn't bother me. It's a comfortable bracelet (also titanium), and it was fairly easy to size it. It has these crazy friction tubes that fit inside the inside links to hold the solid link pins in place, so if you size the bracelet yourself, make sure you pay attention and don't lose those very short tubes. And you'll likely need tweezers or forceps to put the tubes back in place before reconnecting the links. The lume is OK, but not stellar. It doesn't match up to the superluminova in my Breitling and Sinn, or whatever Citizen uses in their dive watches. At least from a duration perspective.

I got mine as a travel watch since it's so easy to change time zones and it has the 6 band multi-sync.
    kubr1ck and usclassic like this.

Thanks for the great, detailed reply, @MissileExpert. I appreciate you taking the time to put your impressions down. I only have one titanium watch and while I donít wear it often, I do like how light it is. Any ideas how yours will fit into your rotation? It seems very tempting as a ďgo anywhere, do anythingĒ watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I can tell you my rotation pretty much stopped after getting the Oceanus. I don't travel but I can't imagine a better travel watch. Super accurate even if it doesn't sync. Mine is about -.5 seconds per month or less with no sync. I turned it off to see how accurate the watch is with out sync about three weeks ago and maybe it is a quarter of a second slow now. Very comfortable, good looking and entertaining.
    memento_mori, Seikogi and WES51 like this.

Thanks for the great, detailed reply, @MissileExpert. I appreciate you taking the time to put your impressions down. I only have one titanium watch and while I donít wear it often, I do like how light it is. Any ideas how yours will fit into your rotation? It seems very tempting as a ďgo anywhere, do anythingĒ watch.
    Sir-Guy: Iím another Oceanus owner who has been wildly impressed by the watch (although Iím a bit pissed off now, since mine broke and is in for service and Casio USA canít guarantee that they can fix it). But apart from that, the Oceanus is indeed a solid GADA watch. Itís only two flaws are those commented on in most reviews: 1) the odd lug size and connection. But I donít mind just leaving it on the perfectly adequate titanium bracelet; and 2) the blue tint to various parts of the dial ó some people like it, but I could do without it ó can make an otherwise handsome watch look a bit toy-ish, IMHO. The other thing to bear in mind is that people who want some heft in their watch wonít like the Oceanus. It is astonishingly light. When I got mine, I thought they had mistakenly shipped me some dummy display model with an empty case. I have other titanium watches, but the Oceanus is far and away the lightest I own.....you just dont even feel it on your wrist.

Otherwise, the watch is a complete marvel. Perpetual calendar (!), always spot on time, easy time zone change, water resist, etc. Helluva piece....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warsh View Post
    Sir-Guy: I’m another Oceanus owner who has been wildly impressed by the watch (although I’m a bit pissed off now, since mine broke and is in for service and Casio USA can’t guarantee that they can fix it). But apart from that, the Oceanus is indeed a solid GADA watch. It’s only two flaws are those commented on in most reviews: 1) the odd lug size and connection. But I don’t mind just leaving it on the perfectly adequate titanium bracelet; and 2) the blue tint to various parts of the dial — some people like it, but I could do without it — can make an otherwise handsome watch look a bit toy-ish, IMHO. The other thing to bear in mind is that people who want some heft in their watch won’t like the Oceanus. It is astonishingly light. When I got mine, I thought they had mistakenly shipped me some dummy display model with an empty case. I have other titanium watches, but the Oceanus is far and away the lightest I own.....you just dont even feel it on your wrist.

Otherwise, the watch is a complete marvel. Perpetual calendar (!), always spot on time, easy time zone change, water resist, etc. Helluva piece....

I am curious as to what broke on yours? Will they send it to Japan for repair?

Quote Originally Posted by warsh View Post
    Sir-Guy: Iím another Oceanus owner who has been wildly impressed by the watch (although Iím a bit pissed off now, since mine broke and is in for service and Casio USA canít guarantee that they can fix it). But apart from that, the Oceanus is indeed a solid GADA watch. Itís only two flaws are those commented on in most reviews: 1) the odd lug size and connection. But I donít mind just leaving it on the perfectly adequate titanium bracelet; and 2) the blue tint to various parts of the dial ó some people like it, but I could do without it ó can make an otherwise handsome watch look a bit toy-ish, IMHO. The other thing to bear in mind is that people who want some heft in their watch wonít like the Oceanus. It is astonishingly light. When I got mine, I thought they had mistakenly shipped me some dummy display model with an empty case. I have other titanium watches, but the Oceanus is far and away the lightest I own.....you just dont even feel it on your wrist.

For me the way the blue-green tinted hands and indices reflect off the AR-coated sapphire crystal is one of the signature elements of the Oceanus line. I don't think it makes the watch look cheap at all, but rather the opposite.

Name:  IMAG0953.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  2.29 MB
    ewewew, Rocket1991, grinta and 7 others like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Quote Originally Posted by usclassic View Post
    I am curious as to what broke on yours? Will they send it to Japan for repair?
    The pusher at 4:00 stopped working and the watch stopped syncing to the radio signal. The watch is with Casio USA now, so Iíll see what they can do....

usclassic likes this.

dupe...
    Last edited by Barn0081; March 10th, 2019 at 21:06.
    Casio Oceanus Far To Many! , Casio G-Shock - MTG-S1000BS-1AJR , MTG-G1000BS-1ADR , MTG-S1000V-1AJF , a.b.art - OC150 , Vostok Komandirskie - K34 , MIDO MULTIFORT - M005.430.36.051.22 , SEIKO - ASTRON 2015 Giugiaro Design , Marine Master Pro SBDB009 , SARB017 , SARB033 , Prospex SBCZ023 , Casio ProTrek - PRX-8163YT-1JR , PRW-6000YT-1JF , ManchesterWatchWorks - TATOSKOK Automatic , Iconik 2 , Zelos - EAGLE Bronze E-1C , Helmsman Bronze , Abyss Bronze , Gallant G2 , G3. Halios - Blue Tropik B , Oris - Carl Brashear Bronze , 40mm aquis date. Visitor - Vale Park Officer , ETERNA - 2017 Kontiki Bronze

Sisters....

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  409.8 KB

the one in the middle is actually black

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  368.6 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  453.7 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  468.9 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Size:  424.7 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Size:  446.7 KB
    Casio Oceanus Far To Many! , Casio G-Shock - MTG-S1000BS-1AJR , MTG-G1000BS-1ADR , MTG-S1000V-1AJF , a.b.art - OC150 , Vostok Komandirskie - K34 , MIDO MULTIFORT - M005.430.36.051.22 , SEIKO - ASTRON 2015 Giugiaro Design , Marine Master Pro SBDB009 , SARB017 , SARB033 , Prospex SBCZ023 , Casio ProTrek - PRX-8163YT-1JR , PRW-6000YT-1JF , ManchesterWatchWorks - TATOSKOK Automatic , Iconik 2 , Zelos - EAGLE Bronze E-1C , Helmsman Bronze , Abyss Bronze , Gallant G2 , G3. Halios - Blue Tropik B , Oris - Carl Brashear Bronze , 40mm aquis date. Visitor - Vale Park Officer , ETERNA - 2017 Kontiki Bronze

Page 39 of 106 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread Information