The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 40
Like Tree2842Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1065
  1. #391
    Member Phreddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,457

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissileExpert View Post
    Picked mine up today. It arrived from Japan after a 2 week journey (more or less) from Tokyo to NYC to Florida. It wouldn't radio sync manually (mid-day), so I brought it inside and used the Clock Wave app and within 5 min the sync took. I don't think it needed a sync, because out of the box it was already pretty accurate (albeit Tokyo time zone, which was easily changed).
    Pro-tip: The watch may change MB6 frequency depending on home time zone. Tokyo is on a different frequency than USA. If home time is set to Tokyo, it may be listening for a frequency not broadcast in the US and will thus never sync. Setting it to the local time zone should also set the correct frequency.

    Also, MB6 is less effective during the day. You'll have better luck at night, in a stationary position, up high, near a window facing west.
    When there is doubt, there is no doubt.

  2. #392
    Member WeirdGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,071

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissileExpert View Post
    Picked mine up today. It arrived from Japan after a 2 week journey (more or less) from Tokyo to NYC to Florida. No one was home to sign for it yesterday, and the post office nearly lost it at their office where they held it, but eventually they found it. It's really a very nice watch. It wouldn't radio sync manually (mid-day), so I brought it inside and used the Clock Wave app and within 5 min the sync took. I don't think it needed a sync, because out of the box it was already pretty accurate (albeit Tokyo time zone, which was easily changed).

    Attachment 13959827

    Attachment 13959829



    This is the version I like.

  3. #393
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    174

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    For me the way the blue-green tinted hands and indices reflect off the AR-coated sapphire crystal is one of the signature elements of the Oceanus line. I don't think it makes the watch look cheap at all, but rather the opposite.

    Attachment 13962377
    Kubr1ck, what model is that little beasty you're showcasing there? Beauty that is.
    kubr1ck likes this.
    Your focus is your reality - Qui-Gon Jinn

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #394
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    174

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
    Pro-tip: The watch may change MB6 frequency depending on home time zone. Tokyo is on a different frequency than USA. If home time is set to Tokyo, it may be listening for a frequency not broadcast in the US and will thus never sync. Setting it to the local time zone should also set the correct frequency.

    Also, MB6 is less effective during the day. You'll have better luck at night, in a stationary position, up high, near a window facing west.
    Oddly, when I wear mine to bed, it updates most reliably. I've heard the same from others.
    Phreddo likes this.
    Your focus is your reality - Qui-Gon Jinn

  6. #395
    Member Phreddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,457

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwind View Post
    Oddly, when I wear mine to bed, it updates most reliably. I've heard the same from others.
    I personally don't like sleeping with a watch because it's uncomfortable.

    However, like getting better reception when you hold an antenna, wearing the watch almost certainly seems to enhance the signal.

    I have also experienced better reception while wearing my watch.

    Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    pl_gristle likes this.
    When there is doubt, there is no doubt.

  7. #396
    Member kubr1ck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,279

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwind View Post
    Kubr1ck, what model is that little beasty you're showcasing there? Beauty that is.
    Sorry for the late response man. It's a OCW-G2000-1AJF.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

  8. #397
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    NYC, US
    Posts
    1,180

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    I've been thinking about picking up the OCW-S100-1AJF as a sort of ultimate travel / possibly everyday watch, and the main things holding me back are the dimensions and the proprietary lugs. Most sites quote it as being 41.5mm across - but a lot of reviews mention that it's 39mm. So which is it?

    As far as the bracelet, the only one I've really liked so far is the one on my Omega AT2500 - can anyone who has felt both compare them? Or any comments on the Oceanus bracelet besides "it's good"? Giving up strap changing capability is painful...

    Thanks!
    Casio G-Shock G-Lide GWX-5600C-7JF - Casio Oceanus OCW-T200S-1AJF - Seiko SARB065 - Seiko SPB051 - Squale 1521 Blue/Polished - Vostok Amphibia 420059

  9. #398
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nyonya View Post
    I've been thinking about picking up the OCW-S100-1AJF as a sort of ultimate travel / possibly everyday watch, and the main things holding me back are the dimensions and the proprietary lugs. Most sites quote it as being 41.5mm across - but a lot of reviews mention that it's 39mm. So which is it?

    As far as the bracelet, the only one I've really liked so far is the one on my Omega AT2500 - can anyone who has felt both compare them? Or any comments on the Oceanus bracelet besides "it's good"? Giving up strap changing capability is painful...

    Thanks!
    Quite difficult to give you just one size, owing to the slightly unusual shape of the case. Here are some numbers:
    Bezel diameter: 38.8 mm
    Case at narrowest part (8-2): 39.9 mm
    Case at widest part, excluding crown: 41.7 mm
    Case including crown: 42.8 mm
    Lug to lug: 46.6 mm
    Overall thickness: 10.7 mm
    Weight with full bracelet: 89 g

    Objective comfort vs Omega: no idea, and only you will get the right answer. Do consider the weight comparison.

    For a foreign holiday, involving "time travel", it's the only watch I'd ever consider taking. For daily wear at home I have others that I'm just as happy with. All my watches have bracelets so I'm not necessarily a good comparison.
    Last edited by chris01; March 13th, 2019 at 20:07.
    Fergfour, nyonya, GaryK30 and 1 others like this.

  10. #399
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    483

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Well, i folded too.
    Last weekend i saw an offer for a pretty new (only worn a couple of times by the previous owner) second hand OCW-S100 and to me it's better than expected.
    The bracelet was a bit of an issue with sizing, but that's mostly because of a pear shaped wrist crossection that isn't as big in the evening as it is in the morning.
    Light, a bit understated bling and i think the most important: it's fun.

    Images: office relations.

    Name:  20190313_171906.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  378.8 KB

    Name:  20190313_172250.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  463.8 KB
    trott3r, usclassic, ewewew and 5 others like this.

  11. #400
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    NYC, US
    Posts
    1,180

    Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chris01 View Post
    Quite difficult to give you just one size, owing to the slightly unusual shape of the case. Here are some numbers:
    Bezel diameter: 38.8 mm
    Case at narrowest part (8-2): 39.9 mm
    Case at widest part, excluding crown: 41.7 mm
    Case including crown: 42.8 mm
    Lug to lug: 46.6 mm
    Overall thickness: 10.7 mm
    Weight with full bracelet: 89 g

    Objective comfort vs Omega: no idea, and only you will get the right answer. Do consider the weight comparison.

    For a foreign holiday, involving "time travel", it's the only watch I'd ever consider taking. For daily wear at home I have others that I'm just as happy with. All my watches have bracelets so I'm not necessarily a good comparison.
    Thanks for that! Looks like the Citizen I currently have in this role is a little smaller and thinner than the Oceanus, so I'll likely stick with it. I'm sure it's not nearly as nicely finished but I like the small size.
    Casio G-Shock G-Lide GWX-5600C-7JF - Casio Oceanus OCW-T200S-1AJF - Seiko SARB065 - Seiko SPB051 - Squale 1521 Blue/Polished - Vostok Amphibia 420059

Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. gee_im_shocked

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 322
    Last Post: January 12th, 2010, 04:56
  2. Replies: 354
    Last Post: November 13th, 2009, 13:09
  3. Replies: 306
    Last Post: October 19th, 2009, 14:41
  4. Replies: 309
    Last Post: September 22nd, 2009, 12:36
  5. Replies: 307
    Last Post: August 24th, 2009, 03:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •