The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 41
Like Tree2809Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 41 of 106 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 91 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    I was waiting for you to start this thread, Ferg. This line definitely deserves it. I read that Casio designed the Oceanus line to be sporty dress watches, using high grade materials and incorporating their most advanced technology, which explains how lightweight and thin most of these pieces are. Last March I picked up a near-mint, pre-owned OCW-G1000B-1AJF from a seller in Japan as a way of testing the waters since I was new to the line, and as you mentioned, there isn't much English-language material available about it. I work long hours in an office environment, and I've been very pleased with the fact that when I wear this one, I forget I have it on, which isn't something I can say about other high-end Casios like the MR-G and Pro Trek Manaslu, which I love equally but are built according to slightly different principles (namely shock resist and outdoor use).

Titanium with DLC coating, sapphire crystal, tough solar, MB6 and GPS sync, this thing packs a punch in its build quality, technology and fit & finish. Like many other Oshis, the metallic bits on the dial (namely the hands and indices) are tinted in very subtle bluish-green highlights, so when the light bounces off the dial, it reflects off the AR-coating of the crystal and makes the whole dial glow in an aqua-colored resplendence. Very special, which is what you'd expect when you dish out the extra dough for pieces like this.

In any case, I am now 110% sold on the line, so have pushed the button on my second Oshi, which is the OCW-G2000-1AJF that harald-hans and James142 already own. Should arrive from Japan later this week or early next. Looking forward to sharing photos and impressions on this thread.

I'm in between this line and the Seiko Astron line, has anyone ever made a comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by aparezco View Post
    I'm in between this line and the Seiko Astron line, has anyone ever made a comparison?
    I haven't seen any such direct comparisons on F17, but regular forum member Miklos86 did own an Astron and posted photos of it frequently for a while. He sold it recently after acquiring an MR-G.

For the most part, the Oceanus line is based on mid-size titanium bracelet models with sapphire crystals, solar-powered, radio-controlled, and GPS & Bluetooth-sync for the higher end specs. Astron seems to offer more variance in terms of case and band materials, and also offers larger case sizes. The overall aesthetic is also quite different in my opinion, with Oceanus tending towards polished titanium bits and blue-green reflective surfaces in keeping with its name, versus the more world traveler, sporty visual theme of Astron, but that comes down to personal taste of course.
    GaryK30 and Time4Playnow like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Quote Originally Posted by aparezco View Post
    What is amusing in this comparison is that the Oceanus are made in the same contractor factory as Grand Seiko and Credor.

I don’t think the Astron is made to the same high standard.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you guys for the info! This is great, I'll try both for look and feel now knowing as well the acenaous is higher quality very likely, I'll take some photos if possible and will post them here soon!

Quote Originally Posted by usclassic View Post
    I can tell you my rotation pretty much stopped after getting the Oceanus. I don't travel but I can't imagine a better travel watch. Super accurate even if it doesn't sync. Mine is about -.5 seconds per month or less with no sync. I turned it off to see how accurate the watch is with out sync about three weeks ago and maybe it is a quarter of a second slow now. Very comfortable, good looking and entertaining.
    Same thing happened to me, I have sold all my watchs other than my g-shock. It's just that good, and for such a beautiful watches it's so rugged. Was throwing around the baseball with my son a pop-up hits me in the watch nothing to worry about no damage at all. The only time I take it off is when I'm painting or doing serious house work. My grail watch is a Rolex oysterquartz my goal is to get one by the time I am 45 (30 now) I can easily see this watch lasting me the next 15 years.
    usclassic likes this.

just found out there will be an Oceanus Manta S5000 which is only 9.4 mm thick, picture shows one of the limited Basel World models, OCW-S5000E, found here

edit:
    in the other thread was a link to the specifications

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  62.6 KB

Sent from my NOKIA 1011 using Takatuka ...

Greetings from Germany - harald-hans

the OCW-S5000S is nice......of course it will be next to impossible to get hold of though

Name:  OCW-S5000S.JPG
Views: 278
Size:  100.5 KB
    memento_mori and Time4Playnow like this.
    Casio Oceanus Far To Many! , Casio G-Shock - MTG-S1000BS-1AJR , MTG-G1000BS-1ADR , MTG-S1000V-1AJF , a.b.art - OC150 , Vostok Komandirskie - K34 , MIDO MULTIFORT - M005.430.36.051.22 , SEIKO - ASTRON 2015 Giugiaro Design , Marine Master Pro SBDB009 , SARB017 , SARB033 , Prospex SBCZ023 , Casio ProTrek - PRX-8163YT-1JR , PRW-6000YT-1JF , ManchesterWatchWorks - TATOSKOK Automatic , Iconik 2 , Zelos - EAGLE Bronze E-1C , Helmsman Bronze , Abyss Bronze , Gallant G2 , G3. Halios - Blue Tropik B , Oris - Carl Brashear Bronze , 40mm aquis date. Visitor - Vale Park Officer , ETERNA - 2017 Kontiki Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Barn0081 View Post
    the OCW-S5000S is nice......of course it will be next to impossible to get hold of though

Name:  OCW-S5000S.JPG
Views: 278
Size:  100.5 KB
    Expensive I recon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    memento_mori and Barn0081 like this.
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Seems bracelet is integrated if it is then it's not good because eventually i would want to change to leather strap.

Page 41 of 106 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread Information