The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 46
Like Tree2690Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by usclassic View Post
    I purchased mine from Chino Bros an authorized dealer.
    Quote Originally Posted by qiao.feng View Post
    I got mine from Chino too, you won’t be disappointed
    If either of you is in the US, how do you handle the duty fee? Is it pay pal to them and a separate transaction for the import duty?

Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    If either of you is in the US, how do you handle the duty fee? Is it pay pal to them and a separate transaction for the import duty?
    With Chino, I’ll usually email them to check availability and also pricing, once they’ve replied and confirmed, and if you choose to go ahead with a purchase, email them back and they’ll send you a paypal invoice, send your payment and the purchase is complete. Please note that they’ll only ship to your confirmed paypal address only

Regarding customs duty, I’ve been lucky so far and never been charged even though I’ve bought from Asia multiple times, the only time I’ve ever been charged is when I bought a Steinhart from Germany. Since the package was shipped via FedEx, they sent me an email asking me to pay the duty online before they’ll proceed with the shipment, I think it was around $30 or so

Hope this helps.
    GrussGott likes this.

I forgot to mention that since Chino will most likely ship via Japan Post EMS (basically that’s USPS), if you’re going to be charged customs duty, the procedure might be different.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Titanium + DLC is a beautiful thing.

Name:  IMAG2319.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  1.77 MB
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    I did not have to pay anything extra. I did have to sign for the package which is delivered by USPS. In MS I will have to pay 7% sales tax when I file yearly income tax.
    GrussGott likes this.

I thought I'd join in with my OCW-S100G-7AJF.
    Still one of my favourite watches - if pushed, I'd probably save it over my Omega Aqua-Terra - I like it that much.

Name:  _1080835.JPG
Views: 345
Size:  233.1 KB

Unboxing and impressions available here.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/oc...s-1037377.html

quick OCW-S5000S-2AJR video

GaryK30 likes this.
    Casio Oceanus Far To Many! , Casio G-Shock - MTG-S1000BS-1AJR , MTG-G1000BS-1ADR , MTG-S1000V-1AJF , a.b.art - OC150 , Vostok Komandirskie - K34 , MIDO MULTIFORT - M005.430.36.051.22 , SEIKO - ASTRON 2015 Giugiaro Design , Marine Master Pro SBDB009 , SARB017 , SARB033 , Prospex SBCZ023 , Casio ProTrek - PRX-8163YT-1JR , PRW-6000YT-1JF , ManchesterWatchWorks - TATOSKOK Automatic , Iconik 2 , Zelos - EAGLE Bronze E-1C , Helmsman Bronze , Abyss Bronze , Gallant G2 , G3. Halios - Blue Tropik B , Oris - Carl Brashear Bronze , 40mm aquis date. Visitor - Vale Park Officer , ETERNA - 2017 Kontiki Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by krloz View Post
    You are correct. It was phone's time, not atomic time. Apparently the JJY emulator app just emulates the atomic sound frequency but uses phone's time. I've downloaded another app and checked that phone's time is 8 seconds ahead of atomic time. So I will set atomic time manually and check if the watch could keep it throughout the week.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Just reporting back for future reference.
    I've set the time manually and the watch has been precise to the second ever since. Really impressive precision.
    It does sync via JJY emulator app, but then it gets 1minand 40 seconds behind, despite my phone clock showing correcting time.
    I guess I will only know for sure if the problem is in the watch or in the app once I travel to a country covered by real atomic signal.
    Until then, I am VERY pleased with this watch. It is now my daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by krloz View Post
    Just reporting back for future reference.
    I've set the time manually and the watch has been precise to the second ever since. Really impressive precision.
    It does sync via JJY emulator app, but then it gets 1minand 40 seconds behind, despite my phone clock showing correcting time.
    I guess I will only know for sure if the problem is in the watch or in the app once I travel to a country covered by real atomic signal.
    Until then, I am VERY pleased with this watch. It is now my daily driver.

Have you tried adjusting the home positions of the hands? It sounds like they might be off by 1 min 40 sec.

User Manual for Casio Watch Module 4766 - Owner's Guide & Instructions
    krloz and ewewew like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    Have you tried adjusting the home positions of the hands? It sounds like they might be off by 1 min 40 sec.

User Manual for Casio Watch Module 4766 - Owner's Guide & Instructions
    Yes, I did do it when I first got the watch. Still, the problem persisted.

GaryK30 likes this.

Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread Information