The Official Casio Oceanus Thread - Page 8
Like Tree2690Likes

Thread: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Casio Oceanus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1991 View Post
    On many occasions i suggested Oceanus S100 on public and affordable forums. I think it is one of the best watches for a money, but somehow it very neglected one. Feeling somehow down, is it possible to get good response outside Casio forum? Do i miss some points? I am really confused since it such sharp looking, high quality fit and finish watch! Even if you forget about how advanced and convenient it is!
    Yes, a lot of folks dismiss Casio for some reason. I've got some nice mechanicals but you can't beat the convenience of a good solar quartz watch. I like em' all. I can understand not liking G shock style. That S100 is on my short list. Maybe next year, I have no reason for a new watch right now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1991 View Post
    On many occasions i suggested Oceanus S100 on public and affordable forums. I think it is one of the best watches for a money, but somehow it very neglected one. Feeling somehow down, is it possible to get good response outside Casio forum? Do i miss some points? I am really confused since it such sharp looking, high quality fit and finish watch! Even if you forget about how advanced and convenient it is!
    Yes, a lot of folks dismiss Casio for some reason. I've got some nice mechanicals but you can't beat the convenience of a good solar quartz watch. I like em' all. I can understand not liking G shock style. That S100 is on my short list. Maybe next year, I have no reason for a new watch right now
    Rocket1991 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by James142 View Post
    It is.

It's not a Swiss mechanical.
    Exactly. And it is a Casio, makers of cheap, plastic watches. Hence the response on a forum dominated by mechanophiles.

I recall unboxing my Gwm5610. I had been doing some DIY and using a demolition hammer when I realized a Seiko mechanical was on my wrist. Took it off and told myself I needed to get a G shock. So I did. 89 USD from amazon.

So I take this 5610 out and the screen is blank. Took off the dive watch I was wearing and put the 5610 on my wrist. I was immediately reminded of the DW230 I had bought as a teenager. But it felt light compared to the watch I was wearing moments before. Unsubstantial. Not much wrist presence.

I take it off to let it charge. First surprise. It has woken up from power save. Reads High. Took out my phone to get the time to set it. Next surprise. It is already displaying the exact time. It had synced intransit. I am stunned. This little 89 dollar watch is not only immune to vibration and shock but displays perfectly accurate time and is fully charged. I have never had a watch I did not have to set. Because of location, it doesn't receive the WVVB signal so doesn't sync. A week later I go to manually adjust it like I used to do periodically with my DW230. It hasn't lost or gained a second. A month later it still hadn't synced yet was only a second off. One second in a month. That 3159 module made the 6R15 movement on my wrist seem so ancient in comparison. I gained a new appreciation of Casio's techological sophistication and can appreciate a timepiece like the Oceanus with its Zaratsu polishing and accurate timekeeping. Doubt I would feel the same way without exposure to the 5610 though.

I LOVE my Oceanus, but recently ran into a problem. I hope some of you Oceanus fans can help advise me.

I own the model. ocw-s100-1ajf. Any of you who own it know that there is a small pusher around 4:00. If you push it once it verifies (or not) if the last attempt to connect to the atomic clock signal was successful. If you hold it down for 3 seconds, it forces the watch to connect to the atomic clock.

Anyway, recently this pusher stopped working. You can push it in, but nothing happens. While you could say this doesnít effect the working of the watch (itís running fine and I assume itís connecting to the atomic clock every night), I do miss being able to get that confirmation that the sync w the atomic clock did occur.

Have any of you had or seen this problem? Am thinking of taking it in to my watch repair shop, but I worry that they wonít know what to do on a watch like this. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, you have to see it to believe it!
    It should be special!

Recently bought a Citizen BN0150 Solar diver. Doubt I would have gotten it without having the Casio 5610. Can see myself getting an Oceanus S100 in the future. Such an impressive timekeeper has a place in any collection. It is the evolution of the watch.

We may enjoy mechanicals and know they are obsolete technology (and get pleasure from using that obsolete, non electronic technology) but the actual realisation of how obsolete they are only comes when you have a solar powered, accurate, radio sync watch in your hands.
    Last edited by John_Frum; August 12th, 2018 at 00:02.

I really wish the s100 didn't come with integrated bracelet. It would have been an instant purchase if I could swap out straps
    X2-Elijah likes this.

https://www.casio-watches.com/basel/...ocw-s4000.html
    Craftsmanship get up a notch. Not sure how to comment on glass bezel, but dial details look crisp and fine.
    Fergfour likes this.
    It should be special!

Name:  IMG_20180811_192332.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  125.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SauceKing View Post
    I really wish the s100 didn't come with integrated bracelet. It would have been an instant purchase if I could swap out straps
    So I thought, and it almost broke the deal.
    Now itís one of the two most comfortable bracelets I ever wore, and it integrates so well with the case it is aesthetically undissociated. The other was also unremovable, on a discontinued Omega titanium/gold Polaris multifunction. Now my son wears that one.
    I know the Casioís lugs are drilled through, which makes changing so tempting... Now imagine it with standard 20 mm lugs; the standard bracelet will need a pair of these end lugs which ruin the smoothness of the links to case junction.
    I just wish it had a better clasp, butterfly type, with a smoother integration with the links (that said Omega), and micro-adjustable without tools, over a longer (10-15 mm) range.

Now, if Casio ever releases a new three-hands Okean with the elegance of the S100 but standard lugs, I guess Iíll get it too ó for fabric or rubber straps.

I thought the S100 had on the fly micro adjust?

Any chance that any of the previously posted models in this thread have on the fly micro adjust?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the S100 had on the fly micro adjust?

Any chance that any of the previously posted models in this thread have on the fly micro adjust?

Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information