Oh happy day...

Thread: Oh happy day...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oh happy day...

On Tuesday the postman brings a Seiko diver. I change the bracelet for rubber, put it on my wrist, and think I’ll be wearing it for weeks.

On Thursday the postman brings a parcel from Devori. Inside, in mint condition to match the mint display…

The best watch week of my life.

I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thumbs Up Re: Oh happy day...

Hi Tribe,

Congratulations Nice display. This watch was hot on this forum three years ago, when this forum just had started. Too bad I don't hear about those so much anymore. Glad to see one again.

Wear in good health!

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Oh happy day...

Pure, simple, just a great watch !

G-5600RB 1JF
    DW-5600C
    DW-5600C 9V
    DW-5600E-1V
    DW-5600E-9VC
    DW-5600B 1AJF

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here's a minty-fresh, cool as a mountain stream version...

Last edited by tribe125; November 9th, 2006 at 19:39.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

hi tribe,

usually I'm not a big fan of those rectangle watches :-X , but this one looks very good with the green display. concratulation to your new purchase

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Hi tribe125,
    This is again the demonstration that the best watches are those whose shape is strictly binded to their function. Very nice, congrats .

Regards
    JK

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyk View Post
    Hi tribe125,
    This is again the demonstration that the best watches are those whose shape is strictly binded to their function. Very nice, congrats .
    Very true, but there are plenty who would say that 'form following function' means round with hands!

Hello tribe125
    Must be something in the air, a scent of "square" maybe? I added one of these (a 5600e) recently to the ...collection? of two. Love 'em or hate 'em, you gotta admire them for what they are and what the origianals did.

In so far as your variant, I'm thinking very mountain fresh! You're quite right, when you focus on the white markings and then gren screen it's a burst of mint; very stylish, I like it. Tough solar completes this model I think.

Wear in good health.

Note: I also like the more traditional shock resist "shield" with proper chevron, as opposed to the "shield" on the 5600e series.

Tribe, Careful with the Seiko automatic diver (SKX007?). These watches can be as addictive as the Frogman. Wait till you discover the "Monster", "Knight" and "Samurai" types.... B-) . Not to mention the SKX009/171/173, the "J" versions, etc... Jubilee/oyster/president bracelets. These watches are as tough as battle tanks. I can go on and on. .

Quote Originally Posted by 7s27 View Post
    Tribe, Careful with the Seiko automatic diver (SKX007?). These watches can be as addictive as the Frogman. Wait till you discover the "Monster", "Knight" and "Samurai" types.... B-) . Not to mention the SKX009/171/173, the "J" versions, etc... Jubilee/oyster/president bracelets. These watches are as tough as battle tanks. I can go on and on. .
    I've seen those watches, but they don't have the same appeal for me as the 007, which has a classic simplicity and clarity. I don't like bracelets (even the word!), and once I'd replaced the Jubilee bracelet with a rubber strap I had what I was looking for - a black, chunky, no-nonsense piece of metal that also managed to have a masculine elegance. I've looked at all the Seiko divers, and this is the only one that really hits the button. As with G-Shocks, it seems to be the basic utilitarian models that float my boat. Who knows, though - it's so easy to find a reason for buying a watch...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information