Is it ok for a adult to wear a G-shock everyday? - Page 10
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Is it ok for a adult to wear a G-shock everyday?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: Is it ok for a adult to wear a G-shock everyday?

Now that the thread has been brought back from a 2 year coma... I'll chime in :)

I'm currently wearing my Mudman, so I can't say anything too bad about G-Shocks. That being said, I wouldn't think of wearing most G-Shocks with a suit; postur pulls it off pretty well, but that's a very tame G-Shock with a handsome (and very muted) color scheme. I wouldn't judge anybody if they were to wear a G-Shock with a suit, but then I wouldn't judge someone for wearing Crocs or flip-flops with a suit; it's just something I'd never do.

Some say that you should do what you want screw what people think. To a certain extent that is true, but also realize that some occasions call for different attire; my friend just got married and I wore cap-toe balmorals and a slim black Orient dress watch, not Crocs and a red G-Shock. I guess the moral is just because you can do something doesn't mean you should... but honestly these "should i wear..." threads are all just matters of opinion anyway and in the end it never really matters for much. Ultimately we all have a public image; it's why we don't wear fried eggs for hats or dye our armpit hair. We could, but we don't. (well I do, but don't tell anybody). So if you're asking whether or not it's a good idea to wear a G-Shock 24/7, for any occasion, I'd say it can be done but there are more stylish options out there.
    Last edited by WetbehindEars; March 6th, 2013 at 01:43. Reason: misspelled "dye".
    Crater likes this.

JR1

Is it ok for a adult to wear a G-shock everyday?

i see the police, servicemen and divers wearing G-Shocks everyday. these are the most serious adults out there. if it is good enough for them, the rest of us can. makes sense to wear the toughest, most practical fashionable bang for the buck watches out there. :)

Quote Originally Posted by demon2360 View Post
    as long as they are G-Socks, I guess it's ok. they come in many colours, glossy and all.
    G-Sock: protection - sock resist

best,
    Mikey
    G-SOCK

OH MY SIDES

Mate, I've just spluttered coffee over my laptop.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I couldn't care less what people thought. Only my opinion regarding what I wear on my wrist matters. Wifey told me so

I wish I was forum runner
    safetyobc and Sedi like this.

my dad is 69 yo and working as a geologist consultant still wearing a G 9000 for 24/7

my brother is a partner for one of the big law firm in jakarta use GAC 100 (except when he had meeting with a big client, he said looks matters when u are a partner..)

my other brother use my old G 2500 every day to the office & i think have no intention to give my watch back..

i own a clothing shop.. so i can wear anything i want.. ;p

my GF use my DW 9100 24/7

* and i'm still trying to get my mom to wear a g shock or at least a baby g.. wish me luck
    marcoszam and arkiroms like this.

Uh, late to the party again (me that is)
    ok. I own several G's. own my own business and wear dress shirts, suit jackets, ties and jeans. Nearly always wear a G shock of some form. I'm also 45. I don't care what people think of my watch as long as they appreciate my ability with my work. I love my G's, they don't have to. I will NEVER stop wearing them. Mind you, they are all black, don't have a single colorful one at all. At some point a blue or purple may happen though.
    aryarewardhana likes this.

Was just asked this question so after 7 years i think its time to bring this one back from the grave.

YES...imho absolutely it is ok...even with a suit. There are so many different G shock models to choose from especially now with metal squares etc that a person would have no problem finding a G fit for any occasion.

As far as them being children watches...id say this. Im a Fire Fighter and I've never seen a first responder wearing anything other than a G shock. Its not a status thing...its because we destroy watches by the very nature of our job. Gs are the only thing that can stand up to it long term. Im also into military aircraft and as such have met lots of pilots. They all had G shocks...i cant think of a single exception. Rich hobby pilots who fly private planes may be into navi-timers etc...but not the genuine article thats for sure.

For the record...i wear a G every day. I rotate between 7 watches...each gets a week solid and i change on Sunday before Church. Im a creature of habit. For dress occasions though I wear a fun little gold casio 158 digital that I got for $10 at walmart. Gets way more compliments than my automatics ever did LOL. Sometimes its fun to be subtly different.
    GrouchoM likes this.

Was just asked this question so after 7 years i think its time to bring this one back from the grave.

YES...imho absolutely it is ok...even with a suit. There are so many different G shock models to choose from especially now with metal squares etc that a person would have no problem finding a G fit for any occasion.

As far as them being children watches...id say this. Im a Fire Fighter and I've never seen a first responder wearing anything other than a G shock. Its not a status thing...its because we destroy watches by the very nature of our job. Gs are the only thing that can stand up to it long term. Im also into military aircraft and as such have met lots of pilots. They all had G shocks...i cant think of a single exception. Rich hobby pilots who fly private planes may be into navi-timers etc...but not the genuine article thats for sure.

For the record...i wear a G every day. I rotate between 7 watches...each gets a week solid and i change on Sunday before Church. Im a creature of habit. For dress occasions though I wear a fun little gold casio 158 digital that I got for $10 at walmart. Gets way more compliments than my automatics ever did LOL. Sometimes its fun to be subtly different.
    Seabee1 likes this.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman6976 View Post
    DOH! No, it deserves to be buried and forgotten about.
    Gotta be the stupidest question ever asked. Do the military and law enforcement employ kids now?
    JustAbe, parv, babyivan and 3 others like this.
    Forgive me if I forget to add 'IMO' after every post.
    I can only express my opinion and if you don't like it tough!

My 3 squares:
    GW5600 ~$76,
    GW50001JF ~$318,
    GMW-B5000TB1CR ~$1700.
    Purposefull time keepers that pull duty.

Ignore ridicule from know nothings.
    Ridicule indicates lack of knowledge.
    Last edited by philipkarlevans; 3 Days Ago at 03:48.
    A&M'61NRAlife'61.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information