OK..HERE'S THE SITUATION(for fun)...
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: OK..HERE'S THE SITUATION(for fun)...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OK..HERE'S THE SITUATION(for fun)...

..Let's say(just for fun) Nixon, Freestyle, or maybe Vestal has just pumped a ton of money into their RnD and has become a direct threat to Casio.. You work for Casio(G-Shock) and it's up to you to save G-Shock. You need to think outside the box and come up with (at the very least) 3 new ideas in order to keep G-Shock the king of Tough. What ideas would you kill and what would you include(any crazy idea)???

-I would start by upgrading to sapphire crystals(for all models) Note: Special thanks to kung-fusion for nixing this idea, so the mineral still stands!=)

-Maybe an option for a flashing/vibrate/tone for severe weather? (NOAA sends out this signal to portable devices)

-A locking Keeper

-Maybe a thermostat as a standard for all models

-All the Shocks in your collection will talk to each other via bluetooth and share info with each other(for example maybe 1 of them is atomic so it updates the others on the exact time(a 'cloud' like feature)

-I still think everything should be solar by now...why not??

Last edited by SHOCK4life; December 23rd, 2012 at 20:57.

Re: OK..HERE'S THE SITUATION(for fun)...

Sapphire crystals have their drawbacks (need to be coated to reduce reflections, and the coatings can break down and chip off over time and with use, not to mention sapphire shatters more easily upon impact than mineral crystal)

Solar has its drawbacks (can run down if not exposed to light for months at a time, backlights tend to be weaker and shorter in duration to conserve power, batteries are expensive to replace)

One of the things that makes Casio great is that they are reliable. The electronics are very, very good for the intended purpose. They almost never fail. Casio just needs to keep producing quality products that can take a serious beating and will not fail. I don't think adding more gimmicks is the answer.

A locking strap keeper is a great idea, though. One of my biggest complaints about resin bands is the keeper moving around.

I would like to see more bracelet models. They have become my favorite letely. I also want to see more illumination in the analogs. I want there to be an aviator with powerful LED illumination.

A super accurate quartz crystal like the Bulova Precisionist (+/- 10 seconds per YEAR) would make atomic obsolete. There is no reason why Casio can't put quartz crystals like this in their watches too.
    Last edited by kung-fusion; December 23rd, 2012 at 17:46.
    TedDotCom and Morteza like this.

Casio should do a serial number lottery, where every month a serial number is randomly chosen and the owner of the watch with that number wins a prize. :)

If nobody claims it, the prize rolls over to the next month.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Buy Nixon, Freestyle, or Vestal and kill the brands.
    Release long time secret research: ABC G-Shock
    Release NASA x G-Shock collab. Become the best selling watch brand ever.

I'd see if my Gshock can win in the price war first, then, pick celebrities/athletics to wear my Gshocks and design collab.

and seriously? Casio never paid attention to its Gshock fan, I'd like to change that

Casio closes shop for good, sparking consumer hoarding. Thus, all Casio timepieces and cameras prices skyrocket, much like Hostess Twinkies...
    Wearing a different G-SHOCK ​everyday.

Banned

Casio shuts down it's China manufacturing and puts the Chinese out of work. Casio reopens all their manufacturing in Japan and builds all their watches in Japan ONLY.
    Casio brings back the original DW5000C-1A. Also, Casio brings back their all stainless steel cases for the DW5000, DW5600 and for their cheaper non G-Shock models.
    All other watch manufacturers follow behind Casio and bring back watch production back to Japan, Switzerland and the USA.
    Finally, all manufacturing industries leave China and go back to the USA, Japan, Switzerland, the UK and European countries. China becomes famous for rice patties once again.

japan only would be nice, but prices will def go up

all models should be solar PERIOD!

all models should have triple g resist

i also like the idea of the "cloud" but that would not work for everyone, much like the atomic feature, i love it but its not good for everyone that cant get te atomic signal

more useful analog models like the ga150 and gwa1000 the other analogs are either too pricey (mr-g) or very ahrd to read (ga100,110,120etc.)

and i know not everyone would agree but more color lcd because positive and negative displays are getting boring
    -Coi- instagram @kandyredcoi / Facebook

Banned

What is the "triple G resist" and what is the "cloud"? I never heard of them before.

Make the lume on the GW-A1000's more worthwhile. Done, toughest analog ever.

Next generation king, up the ante, setting the new standard above whatever others are acheiving. Maybe locking up NASA certification (?).

Bring back the exterior metal look of the gundams/heavy metal as an alternative to the king like they used to do with the DW-81xx's and the DW-80xx's.

Heavy metal/stargate as example:
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1356294457170.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  36.5 KB

I really don't like the cloud for all watches because of the battery drain of constant communication (g-shocks should still strive for 10yr battery life).

G-Shock should continue to offer non-solar non-atomic for both retail price considerations and genuine winter areas (not going outside without a jacket for months at a time). Many people consider the more basic watches the better g's. I am aligning more to that.

Agreed with the displays. Once TFT is able to be tough enough, that could be a great option. Until then Casio should play with the displays more.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information