Okay, what am I doing wrong?

Thread: Okay, what am I doing wrong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Okay, what am I doing wrong?

I have a DW5600E, and I have two choices it seems, wearing it with just two holes remaining, causing a very uncomfortable experience with it being too tight and leaving marks and rubbing/grinding against all the bones in my wrist, or 3 holes remaining, and the watch sits too loose on my wrist. There's enough room to move it 1" inch either way, and it just flops around. I've never worn my watches loose like that. My wrist obviously changes a lot more here in the Philippines than it did in the US.

I don't remember having this problem when I was younger. I'm much more of a s/s band/bracelet person than I am for straps. Anyway, this is driving me crazy.

Anybody else experience this?

Dave in the Philippines
    Last edited by dbradford; January 1st, 2011 at 16:56.

Re: Okay, what am I doing wrong?

Obviously it can happen with any watch strap - or bracelet for that matter. Sticking a pad to the back of the watch is one solution, slightly enlarging a hole is another. If enlarging a hole, melt the resin rather than cut it to avoid splitting.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks tribe, maybe I'll try the melting a hole slightly. I wonder if I'd have the same problem with another G-Shock?

Cheers,
    Dave in the Philippines

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dbradford View Post
    Thanks tribe, maybe I'll try the melting a hole slightly. I wonder if I'd have the same problem with another G-Shock?

Cheers,
    Dave in the Philippines
    In my experience of 20 or so different models, they do not fit alike. Some models I can find that perfect fit in the strap. On others, I am constantly switching between adjustments depending on temperature, activity, etc.

So it is possible that there is another model out there that will fit "just right".

Okay, interesting..there's actually one I'm thinking about, and that's the DW6600. It's pretty big for my 6.5" inch wrist though, I was actually going to try to go with a smaller watch. Then do I go for one with or without the 'G'?.......

Thanks for the advice guys,
    Dave in the Philippines

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

on some resin strap G's, I too never seem to find the right hole. I never have this problem with a bracelet though.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

I would just fit the watch with a Zulu strap. I did that with my DW 6600, but I needed to fit it with adapters first to take on the Zulu strap. I too have the same problem with some my other G Shocks, depending on the model.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    I never have this problem with a bracelet though.
    I did. This was the solution -

I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

On some strapped watches I've owned in the past that I experienced the same problem with, I found that experimenting with different buckle styles solved the issue. I believe the DW5600 buckle is 18mm in width. Maybe check the SM for some aftermarket dive type straps and look at the buckles. If the buckle is an 18mm in width, and longer or shorter in length than the OEM buckle, you can replace just the buckle to compensate for the difference in fit.
    Last edited by srf52; January 2nd, 2011 at 03:27.

Quote Originally Posted by srf52 View Post
    On some strapped watches I've owned in the past that I experienced the same problem with, I found that experimenting with different buckle styles solved the issue. I believe the DW5600 buckle is 18mm in width. Maybe check the SM for some aftermarket dive type straps and look at the buckles. If the buckle is an 18mm in width, and longer or shorter in length than the OEM buckle, you can replace just the buckle to conpensate for the difference in fit.
    Clever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information