Old G-Shocker new to this Forum

Thread: Old G-Shocker new to this Forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Old G-Shocker new to this Forum

Hi all!

I'm reading here since a long time and now I dicided to register and say "Hallo"! But first I have to excuse for my horrible english. I live in Switzerland and had just a few english-lessons in school 20 years ago!

My name is Mike I'm 34 years old and I'm wearing G's since I can remember. Few years ago I stoped with the G's and took a "KHS-Commander", because I do like analog watches more than digital. For me it's more comfortable to "read and understand" the time. On an analog watch the time of the hole day is opticaly showed up and you can see where your 'are' at the moment. On a digital watch you just can see numbers and the brain has start to work to use this information. Maybe it's just on me but I can read and understand the time on an analog watch faster than on a digital.

This just between: Sometimes there are threats like "are there special watches cops wearing?" I am a cop an no there are no special watches. Many cops wear G-Shock but there are also cops with no watch. But for me as a watch-freak and a cop it is important to wear the "perfect" watch. Perfect for me means: tough, cheap, many functions, and fast readable day and night (without put a button first to turn on the light - that's why analog for me!)

Okay, there are analog G's but I wanted a watch I can read the time also in the night! That's impossible with the bad luminescense of the G's so I was wearing the "Commander" for about two years and than came back to the G because I missed the functions like alarms, time zone, etc. and that was more important to me than to wear an analog watch.

So I bought the Mudman, Gulfman, Riseman...and then I got the perfect watch for me!!! I saw it when I ordered the Riseman from Seiya. With the Riseman I got a smal casio-magazine. The perfect watch was called "AWG-500J" an analog-digital-watch! The watch had only three things I didn't like: Red buttons, radio controll just for USA/Japan, and the price of USD280$!

Any alternatives? YES! Few month earlier I thought for my self that the module of the AWG-101 would be nearly perfect (5-B.F.), but I didn't like the rest of the watch. Now, when I studied the AWG-500 I saw that the module looked the same than the AWG-101...

...so I ordered the 101 and also the AW-582 (same case than the AWG- 500 but with black buttons!) for about USD150$ (both!!). Changed the modules and.... the perfekt watch for me!!! Black buttons, 5-Band, and a low price! I would prefer an digital part like the old G-Shock AWG-100 but also the smal numbers on the 101-module are good to read. Just missing the 24-Hour CDT... but no watch is perfect!

This is a picture of the two watches with the changed module... left the 582 with the module of the 101 and on the right the 101 (with black painted bezel) with the module of the 582.

And this is a picture of the "501" on my arm...

Okay, you are right if you say the problem with the bad luminescense is also on the AWG-101! ....YES and NO!....

First YES but you have an good led-light for reading the time. And NO because I sent the 101 to Angelo a friend who lives in Spain. He is the master of lumina... he is the "relumer"! He pimped my 101 and now I can read the time even after 10-14 hours of darkness! I don't have a good camera to make pictures in the dark so this is the link to Angelo's page with my watch. At this point thanks again to the relumer - your the best! http://my.opera.com/therelumer/blog/...-vs-mechanical

Regards,

Mike
    Last edited by mikeair; September 29th, 2008 at 07:38.

Re: Old G-Shocker new to this Forum

I'm happy for you that you can customize your own gshock to suit your needs. By the way, that's an excellent lume job by the-relumer.

Mate, no worries, it's ALL GOOD! Welcome to the forum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Welcome to the forum, Mike. Your English is excellent. Much better than my French and German.

This is my KHS Commander cousin:

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Nice job . That lume looks awesome

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Willkommen mikeair !

Wink Re: Old G-Shocker new to this Forum

Hi Mike,

Welcome on board. I don't see problems with your English, is seems clear to me. Hanging around here might even improve your English vocabulaire (ooops, that's French).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Welcome. Great first post, BTW.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information