Old Protrek? In Man On Fire Film
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CanonMan

Thread: Old Protrek? In Man On Fire Film

Old Protrek? In Man On Fire Film

Just had this ace film on while working this afternoon and what do I see?

Anyone got any clues? Film is circa 2003 and in the movie it is going to send a pager signal to a bomb shoved up some baddy's erm, behind.

It looks like some forerunner to the 240 series and I'm sure it'll be moments before someone had identified it................
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Re: Old Protrek? In Man On Fire Film

It actually is the forerunner of the 240 - it's the PRG-40. Sjors even features this film & watch on his site, calling it the "Man on Fire" Protrek.

Man On Fire

Is Sjors like a god of G or something? The man knows EVERYTHING :p

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    Dimer likes this.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I believe he is. I mean "all-knowing" just seems to be an understatement. :cool:
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

I like the "sharpie steahlting" on those movie prop watch on the cardinal directions of the bezel and the light button...
    It indeed is a PRG/PAG 40 - It´s one of the best Displays around contrast wise.
    Do a little search and tons of stuff with nice pics come up. Queen6, whom i miss somewhat around, did many good reviews and tutorials on many Protrek watches.
    Last edited by lowtech; June 2nd, 2012 at 12:06.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

^ Yeah, if there are any guys deserving to be called "Gods of G-Shock", it's "Queen6 of the Protreks" and "Sjors, King of the G-Shock Collections".

Queen6 has owned practically every Pathfinder/Protrek ever made and has reviewed them extensively. Sjors has loved the G-Shock for many years and after his goal to "own 50 G's", he found he couldn't stop and kept going.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thread Information