Old Skool New Color Casio Sports WV-M200-4AJF
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By AirWatch
  • 1 Post By AirWatch

Thread: Old Skool New Color Casio Sports WV-M200-4AJF

Old Skool New Color Casio Sports WV-M200-4AJF

This relatively new (late October 2014 non-US release), red WV-M200-4AJF is a variation of the black and the blue versions, originally released back in 2009, when a few Multiband 5, non-solars still roamed the earth. This WVM200 lineup, which also includes an attractive silver bracelet variant, somehow lost its Multiband 5 capability on its presumably arduous journey over to the New World, the US versions are 2-band Wave Ceptors.

This red one caught my eye on its release a little over a year ago, but the small date display and the limited, 60-minute timer and stopwatch gave me enough ammunition to resist a purchase until the beginning of this month when I finally pulled the trigger at US Amazon Marketplace Japanese seller Best Treasure.

There's a lot to like about this piece. It has 20-bar WR, G-Shock design cues wrapped around a bit more sensibly sized, comparatively thinner package. It looks bold and cheerful in red and silver. These attributes together with the Multiband 5 make for a cool everyday and travel companion. Oh and the affordability doesn't hurt it one bit either.

This one took its merry time to get to me through regular Japan Post last week and then I in turn took my own merry time ('tis the season, I suppose) to open it and take these shots today.

Some 3 weeks in the air! I'm surprised the plane didn't stall flying at such a stately speed.

Brown paper the watch box was wrapped in gave me the idea to incorporate in this shoot the colored paper from my Secret Santa gift package

And there's the watch box to add its own, serendipitous colors to the scene

Folded manual scroll in Japanese for module 3139

Red coming through

The Crumple Jumble!

Yes! Looking even better than I'd imagined

Kinda like a Ferrari for the wrist

Streamlined, sinewy, purposeful.

Last minute or two of the year 2015, Tokyo time, 14 hours ahead of EST

Happy New Year, Japan! Without even a second's delay, the watch has dutifully gone on a fruitless search for the Japan radio signal

The back view

Metal brushed and polished finish

...Looks rich and clean

A sunlit parting shot

Couldn't have bought a better Christmas gift for myself is what I think of this one. Loving it!

Happy New y'all, hope you enjoyed this.

Here's Casio Europe's page on this:

WV-200E-4AVEF
    Functions
    Illuminator
    An electro-luminescent panel causes the entire face to glow for easy reading.
    Radio signal receiver (EU, USA, Japan)
    In Europe or North America, in many parts of Canada and Central America or Japan - once the watch has been set to the local time zone, it receives the relevant signal ensuring that it always shows the exact time. In many countries the summer and winter time is also shown automatically.
    World time function
    Displays the current time in major cities and specific areas around the world.
    Stopwatch function - 1/100 sec. - 1 hour
    Elapsed time, split time and final time are measured with 1/100-sec accuracy. The watch can measure times of up to 1 hour.
    Timer - 1/1 min. - 1 hour
    For fans of precision: the countdown timers help you to remember specific or recurring events by giving off an audible signal at a preset time. The time can be set to the nearest minute and up to 1 hour in advance.
    Daily alarm
    The daily alarm reminds you of events that recur every day, by emitting an audible signal at the set time.
    Multi-language
    The name of the day can be displayed in different languages.
    Button tones on/off
    The button tones for using the mode button can be turned off. This means that the watch no longer beeps when switching from one function to another. Preset alarm or countdown timers remain active when the button tones are deactivated.
    Automatic calendar
    Once set, the automatic calendar always displays the correct date.
    12/24-hour timekeeping
    Times can be displayed in either a 12-hour or 24-hour format.
    Mineral glass
    The tough mineral glass resists scratching.
    Stainless steel resin case
    Resin band
    Synthetic resin is the ideal material for wrist straps thanks to its extremely durable and flexible properties.
    3 Years - 1 Battery
    The battery supplies the watch with sufficient energy for approx. three years.
    Water resistance classification (20 bar)
    Perfect for free diving without scuba gear: the watch is water resistant to 20 bar / 200 metres. The metres value does not relate to a diving depth but to the air pressure used in the course of the water resistance test. (ISO 22810)
    Type of battery
    CR1620
    Dimensions
    approx. 52,2mm x 47,7mm x 15,2mm (H x W x D)
    Weight
    approx. 58 g
    Availability of models and/or lineups may differ depending on the country or region.
    Technical amendments and errors excepted. The sizes in figures do not correspond to the original sizes.
    The colours may differ slightly from the original.

Re: Old Skool New Color Casio Sports WV-M200-4AJF

I like it. Of course the black version is all over the web and local stores. But why be like everyone else, right? I am curious how long the battery will last since it is attempting to sync each night. Or even if that will have much drain on the battery. IIRC, this watch has some heft to it.

AirWatch, all in, it's a pretty good watch. A big bonus is the resin compound is different than the regular G's. So there should be no concern of the resin staining from color transfer with clothing.

****EDIT****

I skipped right over the part that yours was a multi band. Sorry about that. That was why I stated the watch is all over the web and in local stores.
    Last edited by Rocat; January 3rd, 2016 at 00:38.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Great looking watch. I love these non-G Casios. I look at so many of them and wish that they would just give us G-Shock version, because it seems that their styling and modules are allowed to be a bit more adventurous. TEh WS-200, 210, 220 would all make superb Gs imho.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    I like it. Of course the black version is all over the web and local stores. But why be like everyone else, right? I am curious how long the battery will last since it is attempting to sync each night. Or even if that will have much drain on the battery. IIRC, this watch has some heft to it.
    Thanks, Rocat. Right, red is right! I think of WV200 as a rather obscure lineup. Though the regular colored ones have been around for a while, I, unlike you, have never come across one in stores. I find the online exposure limited, too. Without a deliberate search or deep-browsing Casios, I think it unlikely to find 'em there either. No matter, it's still a great piece, I get more convinced of that, the more I wear it.

Yesterday's WRUW shot taken the night before

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    AirWatch, all in, it's a pretty good watch. A big bonus is the resin compound is different than the regular G's. So there should be no concern of the resin staining from color transfer with clothing.
    Huh, that's good to know.

Today's WRUW shot from last night

Quote Originally Posted by zabat View Post
    Great looking watch. I love these non-G Casios. I look at so many of them and wish that they would just give us G-Shock version, because it seems that their styling and modules are allowed to be a bit more adventurous. TEh WS-200, 210, 220 would all make superb Gs imho.
    Thanks, zabat! This is almost the G version that you wish for. I mean it's got the 200m WR, the body cladding looks and feels adequately tough and up to the task of taking blows. What else? The only other thing would be to have the buttons countersunk or shrouded.

Last edited by AirWatch; January 2nd, 2016 at 19:34.
    zabat likes this.

It is OK, but not my cup of tea. It doesn't have a 24 hour countdown timer. It isn't 6 bands. And, for 200m water reistance. It isn't a G-Shock. And, for over $100 dollars. You can get a cheaper G-Shock for $60.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

My 2-day experience wearing the watch has endeared me even more to it.

Between the claimed 58g weight and the usual Casio disappearing act, this one is deep in featherweight territory, both on paper and on the wrist.

Another ergonomic advantage is the all-around rounded, slippery profile. Despite the rather pronounced yet aesthetically pleasing top bezel, all bits and pieces more or less follow the same beveled angle. This makes it prone to slipping under the cuff more easily than other 15mm-thick watches.

The metal bezel is very nicely finished and is a visual highlight. If Casio were to apply some imagination, they would come out with a black-coated version for that enhanced badass effect. Something tells me that'll never happen though.

The old-timey EL backlight looks dim at first blush, compared to current Casio double-LED standard. But, they're just about perfect for dark-acclimated vision, especially for reading the too-small date font.

Some pics from today:

Thread Information