Older Baby-G Shock...authentic?

Thread: Older Baby-G Shock...authentic?

Older Baby-G Shock...authentic?

Hi everyone! I'm new here and new to watch collecting in general. I recently purchased a Casio Baby-G watch and was wondering if someone could tell me if it's authentic as I'm having trouble finding much information on it. I didn't spend a lot of money on it as I was looking for an inexpensive watch to use while paddle boarding / surfing so if it's a fake I won't be too upset but it would be nice if it was an actual G-Shock. I've posted a couple of pics below but I was having trouble getting a clear pic of the back of the watch. It shows the model number as BGX-200 and also has 2477 on it. The Baby-G logo is stamped in the middle and it says the back is stainless steel. The underside of the buckle is stamped Casio. It was sold as 'pre-owned' and didn't come with a box. Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks! :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Older Baby-G Shock...authentic?

removed post
    Last edited by supawabb; September 3rd, 2012 at 16:57.

supawabb - Can I ask why so I know what to look for?
    Last edited by OceanGirl; September 3rd, 2012 at 02:21. Reason: spelling

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

100% fake
    **I <3 G's**

Quote Originally Posted by Super Diver View Post
    100% fake
    Ok...two people have told me it's fake but nobody has told me why. I'd like to know so I have a better idea of what to look for next time.

Its not too old, my girlfriend have this:

Name:  BG163A_2AV_M.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  7.2 KB
    Features a nice Dolphins Backlight and a animate figure of a Dolphin, and a MULTI ILUMINATOR (iluminator changes from red to green and blue)
    So you dont have to worry if yours have the same features.
    Last edited by shockerman; September 3rd, 2012 at 02:39.
    DW-003,DW-004,DW 5600, DW 6100 (LUCIANO EDITION),DW 6900: MS/EMINEM, G-2110, G 7301, G 7800, G 7710-RL,MUDMAN KTM,GULFMAN MIRO, MUDMAN SCORPION, GA 100: DARK NIGHT/BUMBLEBEE, GDF 100, RISEMAN, THE KING, G 2500, G 2600,DW 9052, DW 6600, FROGMAN POSITIVE YELLOW, COCKPIT G 1010

Taken from Sjors : https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/hi-...y-g-58497.html
    100% Leg. Its Ok.
    DW-003,DW-004,DW 5600, DW 6100 (LUCIANO EDITION),DW 6900: MS/EMINEM, G-2110, G 7301, G 7800, G 7710-RL,MUDMAN KTM,GULFMAN MIRO, MUDMAN SCORPION, GA 100: DARK NIGHT/BUMBLEBEE, GDF 100, RISEMAN, THE KING, G 2500, G 2600,DW 9052, DW 6600, FROGMAN POSITIVE YELLOW, COCKPIT G 1010

yeah to be honest, some of the baby-g's are the hardest to tell. Some of old authentic baby g's just look straight up weird, and their digits are strange, so one would assume its fake. I think this one is real. If you unsure about any model, look at the backplate, there should be a model number, google that model number, and then compare to those pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanGirl View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and new to watch collecting in general. I recently purchased a Casio Baby-G watch and was wondering if someone could tell me if it's authentic as I'm having trouble finding much information on it. I didn't spend a lot of money on it as I was looking for an inexpensive watch to use while paddle boarding / surfing so if it's a fake I won't be too upset but it would be nice if it was an actual G-Shock. I've posted a couple of pics below but I was having trouble getting a clear pic of the back of the watch. It shows the model number as BGX-200 and also has 2477 on it. The Baby-G logo is stamped in the middle and it says the back is stainless steel. The underside of the buckle is stamped Casio. It was sold as 'pre-owned' and didn't come with a box. Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks! :)
    I got one of those Baby G watch but in different color -- Navy Blue. here is a link of the Baby G watch that I have. I believe your watch is authentic. :)

http://www.thewatchery.com/detail.as...romotion_code=
    Last edited by euchua; February 23rd, 2013 at 13:50.

Thread Information