oldest and newest
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carrot

Thread: oldest and newest

oldest and newest

I've just cheered both of these up. The King has a new strap and bezel. The 8150 has a new strap, end pieces and new gold paint in the lettering...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Watch_Junky likes this.

Re: oldest and newest

What happened to your King's original strap and bezel?

the bezel was actually OK but I replaced it anyway. But bits of the strap had gone a bit dull and black looking, not sure why but it spoilt the bright 'orangey' look of the watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

I've never seen that 8150 before... something that has been called "the slot machine." How do you like it? It reminds me a little of the Stargate G-Shock.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

I've got 7 various 8140/50/95's. Was obsessed with them for years. Not so much now the King is out. Would like to see a return to the 'Techno' look but from now on I prefer watches sized like the King. Trouble is now they are all from like 96/96 I think so even though I keep mine cool and out of the sun, sooner or later the resin will crumble and they'll be spoilt. I have one 8195 which i think is a 'crazy gangsters ' type...there was lots released in Japan for a couple of years. But now in the UK I see only maybe 5 or 6 a year on ebay they are getting rare now...
    Always said if I win that lottery I'll get a copy of an 8150 case built in gold etc...dream on...

Thread Information