Olive Rangeman negative display

Poll: How is the display on the olive Rangeman?

Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Olive Rangeman negative display

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Olive Rangeman negative display

Hi guys, I know this topic has been done to death (I have searched and read through a tonne of material about this on this forum), but I figured more opinions wouldn't hurt. The display on the olive rangeman - terrible or not that bad? I know it isn't as easy to read as a positive, but is it a matter of just taking a second or two longer to process the information or is it actually impossible to see in some cases? Is it difficulty in reading the smaller numbers at the top or the actual time itself?

I've read a bunch of responses on this ranging from "I can see it fine, I don't know what all these people are talking about" to "it's pretty much just a useless paperweight" so I don't know if it's worth getting or not. This will be my first G-Shock and I love its features and the look of the olive model, but if the screen is impossible to read I might just get the black one. As an additional note I live in the sunniest capital city in the world so I would be using it in direct sunlight most of the time when doing outdoorsy activities.

Re: Olive Rangeman negative display

Quote Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
    Hi guys, I know this topic has been done to death (I have searched and read through a tonne of material about this on this forum), but I figured more opinions wouldn't hurt. The display on the olive rangeman - terrible or not that bad? I know it isn't as easy to read as a positive, but is it a matter of just taking a second or two longer to process the information or is it actually impossible to see in some cases? Is it difficulty in reading the smaller numbers at the top or the actual time itself?

I've read a bunch of responses on this ranging from "I can see it fine, I don't know what all these people are talking about" to "it's pretty much just a useless paperweight" so I don't know if it's worth getting or not. This will be my first G-Shock and I love its features and the look of the olive model, but if the screen is impossible to read I might just get the black one. As an additional note I live in the sunniest capital city in the world so I would be using it in direct sunlight most of the time when doing outdoorsy activities.
    You are correct, IMHO, in that it just takes a second or two to register the time. With regular wear, I'm sure that the 'register time' speeds up ... but I'm in a rotation that doesn't

include negative displays in general, so when I wear a negative display it does take that fractional additional time to read it. And ... I have 'old' eyes.

The 'Olive' is a great looking watch ! Go for it !
    CK89101 likes this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Brilliant looking piece, but put it this way, I'm keeping my eyes out for a cheap GW9400-1 donor that I can swap resins on.
    Positive olive Rangemans are close to the perfect G in my humble opinion.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

if ur gonna be using it in direct sunlight most of the time, then u shouldnt find any issues with the display.
    only in lowlight that it becomes pretty hard to read, unlike a positive display.

Positive mod gets more wrist time

Last edited by yankeexpress; March 17th, 2016 at 08:22.

I love mine with its negative display.

I don't mind taking a second longer sometimes to read the information; I still prefer and would always pick the negative display.
    rsvlt1217 and JohnQFord like this.

Not readable in all conditions, more attention to focus, but I love Olive and Panther

Watches: G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400 - Mudmaster GWG-1000
    The best Casio G-Shock is the next one...

Loved mine. Looks like perfect color combination with Olive Green. Only one downside i found that all dust, dirt, scratches and little other blemishes are so visible on a negative display. Im using my Rangeman hard and heavy. It has some scratches. It bothered me, so i switched back to positive module.
    WE WANT MORE!

The olive Rangeman was my first Rangeman and still one of my favorite colorways. As others have said, readability takes an extra second, and is more compromised in low light conditions. I don't think it should be enough to deter you from getting the watch though. I should add, that in complete darkness where you have to use the light anyways, I actually prefer negative displays. That being said, soon after getting this watch and realizing how great the Rangeman is, I decided that I definitely needed to add the standard positive one to the collection as well. Also, I have since switched the module on mine to the yellow one from the 9430. Perfect combination of looks and readability for this one IMO.

Olive Rangeman negative display

Wonderful time piece by a company at the fore front on shock protection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information