Which one?????

Thread: Which one?????

Which one?????

OK G shockers!! I'm new to GS and I've narrowed my first GS choice down to two. I have a good idea which one I'm getting but I would like your input. Let me know what you think and if there are any pros/cons with these two. Thanks!!
    No. 1 GW 1500

No. 2 G 700BD

Re: Which one?????

Definately Numero Uno!!!!!That is one cool G-Shock! .

I'm generally not a huge fan of ani-digi G-Shocks. The hands tend to be rather hard to read on a complicated looking G-Shock background, and night viewing is definitely not as good as other analog brands, such as Seiko or even Citizen. Obviously, the features, other than timekeeping, as not as easy to use as on the all-digital models.

But...... I do own a GW-1500a, and it is a very nice G-Shock. The lume on the hands is not excellent, but the hands are decently easy to read during daylight hours. The EL is positively extraordinary, looking like little blue lasers shooting out onto the face of the watch. Spectacularly cool EL feature!!!

The analog hands automatically sync with the digital time, which will totally freak you out, the first time it happens. The hands will suddenly start spinning on their own. This is another VERY cool feature!!! Nothing sucks more than having to adjust the hands manually on my G-100 ana-digi.

I am normally not a person who likes the silver metallic accents on my G-Shocks, but I must say that the GW-1500a is a visually stunning looking watch. The face has more character than most G-Shocks I’ve seen.

The band is your basic resin G-Shock band. Not extraordinarily comfortable, but definitely not uncomfortable. This model has your basic 4-screw case back.

My GW-1500a, with the atomic timekeeping turned off, still kept PERFECT time after one month. It was not even a second off from one of my other waveceptor G-Shocks. Amazing!!!!

All in all, I think that the GW-1500a is a real winner, for people who want a very tough analog watch, and don’t make frequent use of a G-Shock’s more advanced features. The fact that it is a tough solar and waveceptor are just gravy for the feast!!!! I highly recommend the GW-1500a. Absolutely testosterone pumping good looks, and cool features that you won’t find on other model G-Shocks.

I haven’t tried a G-2700BD, but I do like the metal bracelet. It looks very nice, and the hands appear to be easier to read than the GW-1500a. The negative display may make the other features of the watch very hard to use.
    Last edited by Buzzbait; August 2nd, 2006 at 19:14.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Hi Gregger,

I would definitely go with the GW-1500 . Since I bought mine it's pretty much hogged all my wrist time on weekends now. I do have to agree with BuzzBait about the lime on the hands . But it does have the EL so it's not that big of a deal.

Sorry about the crap picture. Been meaning to retake some new ones, just haven't had the timeO| .

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Hi gregger,

I had a gw-1500 once, didn't like it much and sold it again, two weeks after purchase. it just wasn't my cup of tea. so I would definetely go with the g-700 altough the big "eye" isn't my cup of tea either. there are other ana-digis I would recommend, but when its just between those two models for you, i'd say go with the g-700.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Wow! I've not seen that 700bd before, very nice! I'm not normally a fan of ana/dig combos but that one is very nice.

Kev

Hi Gregger,

Both nice watches; having one I vote for No. 1; great G-shock, loads of functions.

Brad
    Brad
    Have a great day.

I very much like the G-700 in silver and it's on my long-term list

For you though you must spin a coin. First pick sides for each, then spin it.

When it lands in your hand, before you look at it, you must ask yourself which side you actually want to see more. There is the answer to your question
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

Thread Information