One G to rule them all
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: One G to rule them all

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

One G to rule them all

Hi guys, ive been looking at Gs online and physically for over a year now, but still cannot decide on whicb one to get. I am not a hoarder or collector, nor am I rich, so i only want one that will last me hopefully my whole life.

So far, i like the functions of mudman (solar, atomic, compass) but dont like its size. Gulfman's size and look is closer to what i like (it is round), but is a bit overbudget and has some functions i dont need. So im totally frustrated.

So here is my question. If you could only have one G, or you could only recommend one G to someone who only wants one, which one would it be? Please keep the budget to $200 or under.

Re: One G to rule them all

GW-M5610, with the leftover $100 you can grab GD-350 or something like that. Less is more.
    time4achange likes this.

G-Shock MTGM900DA-8

Price: USD$95 at Amazon.com

Because its band is stainless steel material and that will last longer than resin band imho. And they say the solar battery would last longer than the usual battery. And it has got all the standard features in a G-Shock watch. So, this is the watch I would get if I want a not so expensive, last me a long time G-Shock watch.
    Last edited by nnbz; December 29th, 2013 at 08:49.
    "Casio represents incredible value." --- mk.ultra (watchuseek forum member)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by aquadog View Post
    Hi guys, ive been looking at Gs online and physically for over a year now, but still cannot decide on whicb one to get. I am not a hoarder or collector, nor am I rich, so i only want one that will last me hopefully my whole life.

So far, i like the functions of mudman (solar, atomic, compass) but dont like its size. Gulfman's size and look is closer to what i like (it is round), but is a bit overbudget and has some functions i dont need. So im totally frustrated.

So here is my question. If you could only have one G, or you could only recommend one G to someone who only wants one, which one would it be? Please keep the budget to $200 or under.
    DW-5600E:

- relative cheap (depending where you live)
    - small and relative thin
    - no nonsese module
    - uncluttered display
    - shows current time in all modes

Alternatively the GW-M5610 which is atomic/solar but with a less advancded module.

cheers
    idkfa likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

The GX56 King.. only watch that can rule them all.. that's one of the reasons it's called the King.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	541320_4231486977795_1727141853_n.jpg 
Views:	849 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	1326851

whoops just read about the size issue.. never mind this one then.
    Last edited by starscream; December 29th, 2013 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    DW-5600E:

- no nonsese module
    - uncluttered display

Alternatively the GW-M5610 which is atomic/solar but with a less advancded module.

cheers
    I didn't know the GW-M5610 has a less advanced module? I always thought it's a good value G, and would totally fit aquadog's requirements, minus the sensors he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by aquadog View Post

My G9000 non-atomic Mudman wasn't nearly as big as the stock photos had me thinking it would be and is one of my favorites. I got it for $69.90 shipped and am wearing it now.

The DW-5600E and GW-M5610 are among my favorites too. The 5600 is a no nonsense all around tough watch. Same for the 5610 with the added features of solar power and atomic time. They're thin enough to wear under a long sleeve shirt without any problem too. I got my 5610 for $109 shipped.

I've got a GW3500B-1A aviator incoming for $175 shipped. I doubt you'd regret that decision if you were only going to have one watch to wear. It's solar and atomic, with Tough Movement, but doesn't have the compass, thermometer, or barometer.
    acid.funkid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pocky View Post
    GW-M5610, with the leftover $100 you can grab GD-350 or something like that. Less is more.
    Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    DW-5600E:

- no nonsese module
    - uncluttered display

Same from me - DW-5600 or GW-M5610, just simpliest (the first one) of all.

Also small enough, so no one would look like with an older brother's watch on the wrist ... ;)
    Mr. Ibe's unofficial fanclub ;)
    ------------------------------
    The legacy is more intimidating than any opposition... WGFM

The Riseman GW-9200: it's light, small(ish), extremely comfortable, and with great functionality (solar, atomic, alti-baro-temp). It should be available for under 200USD.

DW-5600E is pretty awesome for under $50, but if you want solar go with the 5610. However, the solar version annoys me by not showing the current time in all modes. There are situations where I like the stop watch going for a long time with the current time showing, can't do that with the 5610. I wish they would make a model that would...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    twincity and nigelw like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information