Only thing about the Mudman..........

Thread: Only thing about the Mudman..........

Only thing about the Mudman..........

Ok, let me start by saying i've had my mudman for a little over a week and i absolutely love it. However, tonight i went for a run tonight. It was my first time running since Last MAY. I know i know, but i've also have had two knee surgries since then too. Well tonight i started my return to running program for my rehab. I'm suppose to walk for 2 mins, and then jog for 5 mins and then repeat. Well with my muddie i had to set the CDT for 2 mins and then hit the STW 1 for 5 mins. well kind of hard since it was dark out and i have the meg display one. So i may have to start using my casio g-shock ref timer that had multipule CDT so i set one for 2 and then the second one for 5 and just press start and never have to worry about it. Unless someone has a better idea with the muddie??

James

Re: Only thing about the Mudman..........

I can't think of a way to do this with the Mudman without having to push buttons. The referee timer, however, is perfect for this job.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I agree. There are much better G-Shocks out for interval training than the Mudman. It's great that you already happen to have a referee timer. The ref timer is a great model for interval training.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I guess that you could use the progress beeper on the Mudman, if you really wanted to. Set the CDT for 7 minutes and auto-repeat. Then turn on the progress beeper.

The two minutes will go normally, and then the progress beeper will sound when there is 5 minutes left in the count. You'll get a number of other beeps as the progress follows, so it isn't a perfect method. But I guess it would do in a pinch.

I think you're right. I think as much as i want to wear the muddie all the time i may have to let it be for the running. Which is ok since i can only do this run thing a few times a week. Besides i have to wear the ref timer, i don't want it to get jealous of the muddie,. hahaha

Picture Re: Only thing about the Mudman..........

The Mudman is a great G-shock..........I found the DW-56RT does a nicer job with the interval running

Brad
    Brad
    Have a great day.

I bought the ref timer last summer for the sole purpose of interval training, so i will have to set the muddie aside every now and then.

jimmy

ok so i re-read my inst. booklet for the muddie and i read about the progress beep thing and i think it might work. I just tried it. I set if for 7 mins and started it. At 10 secs before the 5 min mark it beeped all ten secs and then one big beep at the 5 min mark, so this will work for the first 4 phases of this rehab, but once i get into the later phases, they have me walk for 2mins and then jog for 7mins, so the muddie won't work for that, but guess that's why i have the ref timer also.

james

I have the atomic muddie, and I run too; but when I run I use my Timex, which has much easier to use buttons than the mudman, and an interval timer that keeps going. I'd say try a purpose-made running watch (casio has some, too, though I'd go with Timex). Right tool for right job.

The G056 Polygon has multiple timers as well. I only found out by playing around with it. I could have used it for interval training in the autumn. Now where is that manual?

Thread Information