Ooooh, decisions decisions
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ooooh, decisions decisions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ooooh, decisions decisions

Gentlemen

I have a dilemma, hopefully you can help me!

A local store here in Penang has just received a Men in Camo Frogman & Rangeman. As I bought my Iron Man G from there, the lad has given me a 15% discount on either making the Froggie at £348 & Rangeman £275.

The dilemma is which one to get My head says Rangeman, the heart says Frogman.

I've until Monday to decide.

Help!!

Cheers

Adam
    JohnQFord likes this.

Re: Ooooh, decisions decisions

Quote Originally Posted by adam164 View Post
    Gentlemen

A local store here in Penang has just received a Men in Camo Frogman & Rangeman. As I bought my Iron Man G from there, the lad has given me a 15% discount on either making the Froggie at £348 & Rangeman £275.

Help!!

Cheers

Adam
    I'd say Rangeman. If the Froggie comes in a 1000 series came, then go straight for it.

But that's just me, ultimately it's still your decision.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

rangeman is over-rated, way over-rated, no matter what color it is until you over-tighten a screw and see it keeps circling around, you'd feel very very bad for the money you spend on it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by adam164 View Post
    Gentlemen

Help!!

Cheers

Adam
    Just to clarify ... that'd be the Blue Camo Frogman GF-8250CM-2JR @ L348 ($532US) or the Green Camo Rangeman GW-9400CMJ-3JR @ L275 ($420US) ?
    And the prices are before or after the 15% discount ?

And ... if you import the watches from another source ... what additional duties/taxes do you incur ?
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Frogman is a better deal, and better build quality.

Frogman, definitely.... not a chance compare it with a rangeman!

I've got a low of $317 on Rakuten for the GW-9400CMJ-3JR & $478 for the GF-8250CM-2JR on another site. Someone else may know of a better price.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    rangeman is over-rated, way over-rated, no matter what color it is until you over-tighten a screw and see it keeps circling around, you'd feel very very bad for the money you spend on it
    When mixing a softer material with a harder one such as steel screw going into plastic. Then you are not supposed to over-tighten the screw. Just screw it down and then only use gentle force for final tightening that is it. I think the few cases of cracked lugs on the Rangeman we have seen are the result of someone at the factory using to much torque on the screw making the internal tension of the lug too great so that it can not be as flexible upon impact, resulting in a cracked lug. Lately i have not seen any reports of cracked lugs in Rangeman's so perhaps they improved upon quality control at the factory to prevent this from happening.

When the screws are not over-tightened then the Rangeman is a fully fledged G-Shock. With that said though, of course the strength can be improved further and that is exactly what casio did with the GD-400 where the lugs have been strengthened by metal rods and the screw are a full metal cylinder one creating a very strong lug, perhaps the strongest ever on a plastic case G-Shock, that was a special adaptation to the type of impact forces skaters can generate on the watch when falling.

As for the choice between Rangeman and Frogman. The heart always beat the sanity so go with the Frogman then! Me personally prefer the Frogman over the Rangeman in this particular series.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Frogman is the more limited of the two, prices already creeping up, where as the Rangeman is still readily available. The Froggy is better looking too...!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    Mate, theres a pretty simple remedy for that, dont over tighten the screws.

I own a ranger, ive never been disappointed about the money i spent on it, its a great watch imo.

I noticed in another thread you said you dont own a ranger?

Have you owned one? and have you stripped the threads on one?
    cheers
    Last edited by Cobia; May 29th, 2015 at 05:34.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information