Opinions on the G-7510...

Thread: Opinions on the G-7510...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on the G-7510...

I recently got the AWG-100 as i was really looking for an analog watch with all the chronographic features, medium to small size, and with the ability to wake me up.

Well, it had everything but the ability to wake me up. I was disappointed w/ the volume of the "beeping" and the lack of a snooze feature.

So now i turn to the overlooked 7510 and ask your opinions as well as a few answers to specific questions.

How big is this watch compared to mine (AWG 100)? My AWG 100 is the perfect size and i guess i could go a little bigger, but i'd rather keep this size.

Can the alarm sound and vibrate at the same time, or is it either or? I'm curious, i sometimes need both sound and feeling to get my attention.

Should i be concerned that this watch lacks the Solar/Atomic features? That was one of the biggest selling points for the AWG 100 was the rechargeable battery and the fact it would account for time zones. Not to mention that it always has the correct time thanks to the radio signals.

On that note, how's the battery life? Should i be concerned that it doesn't have a rechargeable battery? How long should it last me roughly?

Think the alarm will be any louder or that the vibration will be enough to wake me if it's on my wrist at night? This is probably the main reason i'm looking into this watch. If it won't wake me up in the morning, I can't justify buying it. I know people are different and sleeping patterns aren't all the same, but take a shot at it.

They don't make this watch anymore it seems (or it's hard to find)... does that mean it's "G-Shock" technology is out of date in the slightest? I wanna make sure i can beat the hell out of this thing, drag it through the mud, survive sandstorms, and take it to the depths of the oceans.

So i'm trying to weight the pros and cons of these 2 watches so i can decide. The two biggest things i'd be giving up if i switched are the Atomic/Solar combination and the Analog display.

Anyways, if you can answer these questions for me and give your personal opinion (or testimony) for this watch i'd really appreciate it!

Re: Opinions on the G-7510...

bump, this got pushed down quick

I have one and its one of my favorite G's Due in large part to its large crisp digits The vibrating alarm is very cool and only comes on a couple of G's.

I had a AWG 100 very nice G. I think you should get both its always good to have at least one atomic.

Size the 7510 is larger not sure how much but it is wider and thicker.

I have not used the alarm, only vibration, don't think you can use both at the same time.

concerned about atomic solar features NO. some here get caught up in the got to have atomic / solar. they are nice but come on unless you are working for nasa or for some reason need super accuracy, no its not needed. Also please note that there are $25,000 automatic watches that are plus / minus 25 seconds a day and folks buy 80,000 rolex's every year when any atomic casio will always be more accurate

I have had mine over a year and am the second owner. I guess batter life might be less than other G's if you use vibration every day. I would still guess at least 4 years. Battery changes on G shocks are cheap and easy to do, so that should not be a worry.

No watche alarm is ever loud enough to wake me or by threads here most others. don't count on a watch alarm to wake you up its only designed to alert you to a preset time, aka time for a meeting or dr apt.

I don't understnad is it out of date. what does that mean. I have a DW5700 that is about 20 year old and still running the resin is rotted . I don't think new technology is going to outlast it the only thing that is really new technology is tough movement but I have never had a analog hand knocked out of place so that is not an issue for me.

The G7500 are getting harder to find so I would get that first. there is one on the sales forum now but the price is high. I think they are not released in the US now but are in the UK.

Quick google search showed several sellers with amazon having one left for $ 56 not bad. some seller also have it in blue.
    Last edited by JERSTERCA; April 6th, 2010 at 08:40.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I went ahead and picked one up on Amazon for just under $60. I figure if i don't like it i can just return it within a timely period (or my Atomic/Solar if this one can wake me up).

The main reason i'm considering it is because of it's vibrating function which i hope can wake me up. If it doesn't i have little use for it. I have a cell phone that i can wake up to but i remember back in grade and middle school, i had the original Timex Ironman and it was my alarm clock. I dunno, something about the convenience of always being awakened/alerted by something that's attached to your person is attractive to me. I'm probably overanalyzing, but hey to each his own.

It does have a few legs up on the AWG ( 1>alarm, snooze, EL backlight, databank), but i really don't know if i like the rectangular styling. I guess i could keep both, but i'm on a college budget and can't justify having more than one watch over the $20 range. Plus, i'm fond of the idea of having only one reliable watch. Might be just me, but i haven't entered the "collectors" phase yet.

Keep the opinions coming, i'm still interested in what people have to say (i've searched already and read the few threads on this watch, but want some fresh opinions and answers if you have them).

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Vrbas View Post
    I went ahead and picked one up on Amazon for just under $60. I figure if i don't like it i can just return it within a timely period (or my Atomic/Solar if this one can wake me up).

The main reason i'm considering it is because of it's vibrating function which i hope can wake me up. If it doesn't i have little use for it. I have a cell phone that i can wake up to but i remember back in grade and middle school, i had the original Timex Ironman and it was my alarm clock. I dunno, something about the convenience of always being awakened/alerted by something that's attached to your person is attractive to me. I'm probably overanalyzing, but hey to each his own.

It does have a few legs up on the AWG ( 1>alarm, snooze, EL backlight, databank), but i really don't know if i like the rectangular styling. I guess i could keep both, but i'm on a college budget and can't justify having more than one watch over the $20 range. Plus, i'm fond of the idea of having only one reliable watch. Might be just me, but i haven't entered the "collectors" phase yet.

Keep the opinions coming, i'm still interested in what people have to say (i've searched already and read the few threads on this watch, but want some fresh opinions and answers if you have them).

Vrbas,
    From which vendor did you order yours from on Amazon.com?? I personally like the black one, but only one vendor has the black one for $56.00 and they have the last one in stock. They ONLY have 1 left in stock right now.
    What color is the one that you ordered? Is it black or blue?
    Do you remember how many the vendor that you purchased yours from had in stock at the time when you ordered yours? Did you receive yours yet?
    Last edited by dimitribouras; April 6th, 2010 at 11:43.

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

I was doing some research on the G7510 and found that it looks identical to the G7500. What's the difference between the G7500 and the G7510? They both seem to be the same exact watch with the same exact features in them. Which model came out first? The G7500 or the G7510? Were they discontinued by Casio? If so, when were they discontinued? I cannot find the G7500 or the G7510 on the Casio website. Are they still being made for the European and/or Asian/Japanese market?

Hi,
    I think they are still manufactured - the G-7500 is still on the European G-Shock hompage:
    http://www.g-shock.eu/euro/lineup/g-7500-1ver/
    The differences to the G-7510 are only in design I think - look at the different light buttons. Functions are exactly the same. It's the same with the G-7700/7710 for example - only slight differences in design or color/strap etc.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

I'm not sure i like the retro look of the silver ring... anything i can do about that to make it look, i guess black? Nail polish? Would i need to take the outer casing off to do this? Would that compromise the seal?

Also, the Gshock lettering i would want to make either white or black. So same as above question applies. Can I just scrape it out? I don't want to scratch the band though.

... and ONE MORE question: What about that chrome EL button... i'd like it to be, not chrome.

As you can probably see, i'm having some issues with it's styling and color scheme, so help me out here! Thanks guys, y'all have been great. I'm glad to have joined the community, y'all are helpful folk.

Battery life should be 10 years if you never use the alarm, vibrator, or light. It uses a Lithium CR2025.

Watch alarms aren't loud enough or long enough to wake me up.

The only thing I don't like about this watch is that mine was assembled on a humid day and has lots of moisture trapped inside. On a cool day the inside turns very foggy and that REALLY bothers me. I think someone else has the same problem, but I don't remember who.
    SPROING!!!!

(oops! Time for a new watch!)

Quote Originally Posted by cdude View Post
    Battery life should be 10 years if you never use the alarm, vibrator, or light. It uses a Lithium CR2025.

Watch alarms aren't loud enough or long enough to wake me up.

The only thing I don't like about this watch is that mine was assembled on a humid day and has lots of moisture trapped inside. On a cool day the inside turns very foggy and that REALLY bothers me. I think someone else has the same problem, but I don't remember who.

Are you suggesting the relative humidity at the time of assembly is the cause of this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information