Opinion's on the new and ORIGINAL MUDMAN (Including Poll)

View Poll Results: Which would your prefer?

Voters
36. This poll is closed
  • ORIGINAL MUDMAN (Except REAL BLACK)

10 27.78%
  • G-9000 GREEN WITH NEGATIVE DISPLAY

0 0%
  • G-9000 BLACK PLAIN DISPLAY

9 25.00%
  • G-9000 CREAM WITH ORANGE BACKLIGHT

5 13.89%
  • GW-9000 BLACK SOLAR WITH ATOMIC TIME

12 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Opinion's on the new and ORIGINAL MUDMAN (Including Poll)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Smile Opinion's on the NEW MUDMAN and DW-8400 MUDMAN (Including Poll)

Hi Guys

WOW!

The 21st century MUDMAN is here and is proving very popular for some, although not all:-D

I purchased a G-9000 in cream, and a green with negative display.

I thought the price was reasonable, and the watches themselves were adequate in relation to price. They are a nice little model, but do not do anything for me as far as a WOW factor and I can take them or leave them.

I could in no way compare them to the ORIGINAL MUDMAN as they appear, at least to me to be totally different and nothing like the original MUDMAN:-S

I do have hundreds of G-Shock's, and I have never been a big MUDMAN fan, except the yellow which I like, more because of the colour plus size

The REAL BLACK MUDMAN looks great on the photos for me, but in real life, I find it's dipslay rather "BLACK" and difficult to read in daylight, and the backlight is a must for that model. For me it's a MUST HAVE for any REAL collection. (I'll take the RB FROGMAN instead)

I didn't purchase the GW-9000 solar as besides not being a fan of BLACK G-SHOCK'S, the ATOMIC feature is not important for me, and the five eyes just look out of place, toppled in with the smaller size.

I'm sure however it is a FANTASTIC watch because it is a G-SHOCK, and the price fits it's many features

I use my watches for time and date only and love the character backlight, simply as a novelty factor

I like my G-Shock's as big as possible, and colours also play a big part in my decision for personal choice.

So what's your opinion on the new "MUDMAN" compared with the ORIGINAL and which would you choose if you had the choice?B-)

Last edited by Sjors; July 25th, 2006 at 09:54.

Alexandria, Louisiana, look on a map and its dead center

Re: Opinion's on the new and ORIGINAL MUDMAN (Including Poll)

It's one of those watches on my I'll get around to getting it list but if I don't get I won't be that upset. Right now the most exciting G's coming out are the Jammin series.

I do prefer the old Mudman because I happen to like big G-Shocks!

But I do like the new Mudmen too, I think they're reasonably priced and with good features for a mud-resist watch. Beign more compact does have its advantages too. I look forward to getting a G-9000, and I really am in three minds about which one I want to get!

All three variants have some pull, as I like the standard design, but I currently lack either a cream or neg display G in my collection and would like something a bit different really :)

So if time and funds permit may do a Sjors and get all three :)
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Your poll is really biased, both in its presentation and structure.

For instance, in the title of the post you wrote "new" (Mudman) in small letters, and "ORIGINAL MUDMAN" in all capital letters. This is not a fair presentation of your question, and signals to respondents what answer you hope to get.

In the title you present the new Mudman first, but in the poll itself the first choice is the "original Mudman." You've switched things around, like a shell game. This is also not a fair presentation and reflects your personal bias.

Perhaps the most serious flaw is the way you only have one option for those who prefer the DW-8400, but you split responses for the new Mudman among four categories. This concentrates all respondents who prefer one into just one category, but dilutes responses of those who prefer the other among four different groups. It skews the poll unfairly.

A very biased poll, indeed.

Like I said before, this all smells like the efforts of a vintage G-Shock dealer, who has a vested interest in convincing others, that the older Mudman still has great value.

I responded positively to one of the G-9000 models, in the poll. As much as I like big G-Shocks, the newer Mudman is far too superior in function, to even think about choosing the old Mudman.

Quote Originally Posted by b_andersen

For instance, in the title of the post you wrote "new" (Mudman) in small letters, and "ORIGINAL MUDMAN" in all capital letters. This is not a fair presentation of your question, and signals to respondents what answer you hope to get.

In the title you present the new Mudman first, but in the poll itself the first choice is the "original Mudman." You've switched things around, like a shell game. This is also not a fair presentation and reflects your personal bias.

Perhaps the most serious flaw is the way you only have one option for those who prefer the DW-8400, but you split responses for the new Mudman among four categories. This concentrates all respondents who prefer one into just one category, but dilutes responses of those who prefer the other among four different groups. It skews the poll unfairly.
    Hello b_anderson,
    I always like to remember that a recent test discovered that 95% of people will believe anything if you give them a statistic. I think this poll subscribes to this adage.
    Last edited by Resinbandit; July 23rd, 2006 at 19:34.

Wink Re: Opinion's on the new and ORIGINAL MUDMAN (Including Poll)

I miss the Original Mudman. I always have said I liked it appearence with the funny red buttons. Luckily there is a re-release in solar format in August. I have pre-ordered one. I actually never was warm for the DW-8400 Mudman. I have three of them and only the Real Black has the Wow factor (and with Wow, I mean WhoooooooW). I'm sure I like the G-9000/GW-9000 series actually more, because of it's funky design. I think the DW-8400 is the little brother of the Raysman and Gaussman, who have in my opinion much more appeal. A mudman is in fact "just a DW-6900" in a bigger case.

I think most of us are focused on past models. I like the bigger models too, but in apearence this isn't a small watch, unless you are alway walking with a Frogman or DW-8300 Heavy Metal around. I think the new Mudman is a great addition to the G-Shock diversity.

I also think these polls could make people think they think wrong, because they do like another model than the mass. I think it's just right to have an own opinion about what you like. I think there is a G-Shock for everyone. For me I have as much respect for a vintage G collector as for a 90's models collectoe as for someone just starting having newer models. A good thing is we have them all around on our forum.

I voted for the white creamy. I think I have wore it more often than I wore any other Mudman model. The GW-9000 is a good second, probably followed by the Real Black.

Cheers,

Sjors

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Wink Re: Opinion's on the new and ORIGINAL MUDMAN (Including Poll)

Ozz,

I see that you made a mistake in placeing pictures. You placed a picture of the RB Mudman between basic G-9000 EL shots. I think you just should have showed the basic silver eye to make your poll more even...

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by b_andersen

IMHO: Much ado about nothing. It's just meant as a fun unscientific poll about plastic watches. Jeeeeez!
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait
    A very biased poll, indeed.

Like I said before, this all smells like the efforts of a vintage G-Shock dealer, who has a vested interest in convincing others, that the older Mudman still has great value.
    You have got to be kidding. At least I hope that you are. Trying to extrapolate that Oz engineered this poll as a sales ploy?!? How about Oz simply wanting to have a little fun on this forum by offering this poll. After all, Oz is probably the top participant on this forum so cut him a little slack.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information