Ordered a new muddie G-9000-1VDR!

Thread: Ordered a new muddie G-9000-1VDR!

Ordered a new muddie G-9000-1VDR!

I like the cream new muddie so much that I ordered from Boris in Hong Kong a black with red buttons muddie, the looks of which I like even much better. I opted for a "no paper" version at US$ 63 plus shipping US$ 23 to Western Europe, asking in my email to confirm that the "no paper" watch is guaranteed new Casio original...
    I must admit I initially bought my first muddie because under the influence of this website, wherein it was hinted that the creamy was more sought after, and of course the slightly "desert" color goes well with my inventory of clothes of that hue.
    The black with red though has a very nice color dial scheme, and the watch functions are perfect for me (not being a diver, I have difficulty reconciling "diving" functions with anything useful...)

Re: Ordered a new muddie G-9000-1VDR!

What does "No Papers" mean?
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

I asked the same question to the seller, together with my reservation of the order, and asked for his confirmation to guarantee that the watch is a new, original Casio.
    Pending his reply, I will not pay.
    I assume it is without documentation of sorts (probably even written guarantee)...but I await his news.
    Paul

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

For what it's worth, I have dealt with Boris (at seiko5ers.com, right?), and the "No papers" bit is simply that there is no warranty card for that one. He is legit, as I bought my Protrek from him about a month and a half ago (mine came with "papers"). You should be getting a brand new genuine Casio article!

Here's the overnight reply I got from "Seiko5" Boris in HK, who's a supplier in Sjors' Gpeopleland website, Boris' http://www.seiko5ers.com/index.htm website also exudes confidence (in fact, very beautiful pictures therein!)
    I've already Paypalled the watch, I'll be very pleased to have that black with red buttons muddie...

Qte---
    "G-Shock without a paper" is a local phenomenon that the Casio's local authorized wholesaler (Casio HK) only issues local warranty paper to ONE watch shop group here. The paper comes with the G-Shocks in my web site, on the other hand, is an international one that is from Casio HK directly. Therefore the price is not nice.

The Gs without a paper are majorly from Casio HK also (so as my Mudmans), which do not include the Japan-only models / versions. Local shops generally offer 1-year warranty to their customers if people can present their invoice with purchase date within the valid period of 1 year. Watches that need services will be taken to Casio HK finally as only this company can have the expertise and have the apparatus and parts to repair the watches they sold to local retailers.

As long as I buy from my suppliers from time to time, the so-called "No Paper But Invoice 1-year warranty" practice is not a restriction on me from asking them to take care the watches I bougth from them before.
    Unqte---
    Last edited by PabloElFlamenco; August 1st, 2006 at 09:27.

pablo
    question for you -why did you order another muddie, when in another post you said how uncomfortable they were and had to put a felt pad on it just so you could wear it
    why didnt you just try another G shock instead of the muddie

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

The colour is great You'd Better get down to Woolies to get some more pads:-D

Welllll....dear Dingos n other Ozzies.... I already posted in the original "discomfort" thread that ... I've removed the "comfort pad" and am ... training my wrist (the SKIN on my wrist is a more accurate way of putting it).
    in fact, right now, the watch is ... sitting on my desk. But not for long!

I have come to the, undoubtedly temporary, conclusion that the new Muddie is one of the very nicest G's (until I fancy another one!).
    Also, I clearly remember having read in other threads that the old 5300/5200/5600 series of watches (of which I had one, years ago) were considered "very comfortable". Acting on memory, the G9000 feels very much the same on my wrist as that old "model of comfort", in other words, they ain't very much difference...

QED: 't ain't the watch 'at's at fault, 't iss the wrisst. :oops:

Don't be too hard on yourself. The DW-5600 has a uniquely comfortable strap. I wouldn't say that the new Mudman is as comfortable as the DW-5600. It's definitely close, but the DW-5600 is like wearing a cloud on your wrist. It's heavenly.

I wonder if that heavenly feeling of the DW-5600 is actually a softer form of rubber, which would also explain why it deteriorates so quickly.

Thread Information