the original g-100

Thread: the original g-100

the original g-100

hiya,

as a fresh newbie member i wanted to make my first post about a g that doesnt really get mentioned on this forum much (at least i dont think so) it is the G-100.

Now i know there are many out there who probably think this watch is at the lower end of the g-shock range and therefore isnt really worth discussing but in my near 7 years ownership of the same watch it has never ever let me down in any situation, of which there has been a fair few.

i bought this watch at the start of my degree in outdoor sports and straight away it was subjected to many different extreme sports. regularly climbing, caving, canoeing, ocean squba diving and mountain biking during the day and then subjected to the demands of bar work in the evening, being soaked in beer and spirits is definately a test of any watch. on a couple of memorable occasions i have had to take it off and let it drop to the floor while climbing in excess of 50m high due to it getting in the way for certain holds.

it has been my daily wear since 2003ish with no battery change and no repairs. the LCD and light is still working perfectly and keeps excellent time, having said this i did a basic stealth job to it a few years ago by scratching the lettering off it with a knife (was bored at work one day).

following university i joined the forces for which the watch had been with me every step of the way. through basic training and on into many exercise and finally a deployment to Afghanistan. at all times the watch has stood up to lengthy submersion in bogs, marsh and exposed to more sandstorms than i care to remember. the watch has also seen -13 celcius on a few very cold nights and excess of 35 during the day.

the only damage done to the watch has been a bit of scratching of the resin while scaling a 12 foot wall and a cut into the strap, although only 3mm from the hole in the strap the cut has not gone any further.

currently everyday and night it stays on my wrist through off road cycling to work on a daily basis to my daily 1.5 mile swim.

what else to say about the watch other than it has lived up to everything g-shock has promised and more.

i hope i havent bored anyone but just wanted a way to show my appreciation to the brand.

on a seperate note following a large amount of research purely on this forum i have just purchased the ga100 1a1er (due to the g100 being so reliable i wanted a change!!!!) because it looks amazing and i dont need to attempt to stealth it myself!

anyway cheers and i look forward as always to reading others members views and posts

:thanks

Re: the original g-100

the G-100 is a great watch... i owned it and i can say it's a good one...
    post some pics please...
    watches are meant to tell times..

I recently sold mine right here on the website. Solid watch!
    -Jimmy Mac!-
    "Was She Looking At Me or Was She Looking at My G?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum! We know Gs are amazing, but it's great to hear new stories proving it

BTW, all G-Shocks and Casios are up for discussion here. Flavours of the month come and go, but some of the best are decades old... no need to be worried about your choice at all!

Welcome to the forum.

That's a great account of G usage. I have a G100 too - they are great!
    Ghobbit

here a my 2 G-100s:

As you can see i also stealthed one bezel.

And Yes, G-Shocks are tough.

There are all resin spare parts for the G-100 still available.
    So if you like you can refurbish it and go on the next 7 years while wearing the memories of the last 7 years on your wrist!

Friends, I'm new here. Would you help me?

I'm about to buy G-100 or G-101. Want to have a simple G-Shocks with glowing hands and dial indexes.

I have seen both models at photos only. I like G-100 more, but I know definitely that G-101 glows OK :)
    Here is a link:
    http://forum.watch.ru/showthread.php?t=57517

Dear d2mac, could you kindly make a photo of the G-101 (at right position on your photo) in the dark? Does hands and dial figures glow, and can they withstand several hours in the night?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum Kolja! :)

There are some very nice photos in the link!
    The problem is the duration of the lume (a weak point on every casio watch).
    The lume shown in the picture is working for some 30min.
    After that its impossible to see the hands in the dark.
    The only workaround is to display the current time in the LCD and press the light button.
    The illuminator will illuminate the LCD only.

There are only a few ana-digi Casios with proper illumination of both, hands AND LCD.
    None of them are in production today.

Thread Information