OT-China and Chinese Mandarin

Thread: OT-China and Chinese Mandarin

OT-China and Chinese Mandarin

Hi pals:
    I wanted to tell you that I have been studying chinese mandarin for 2 years and on. My chinese isn't perfect though but I'm working hard on it since I think it'll be useful for me someday in future. I even created a website for spanish speakers called "Chino para Españoles" to promote a lil more this language, well I hope you find it usefull...I also would be glad to know if other persons are learning chinese or an asian language.
    Thanks
    Batman
    Be today, better than yesterday.
    Batman

Wink Re: OT-China and Chinese Mandarin

Ha ha, Batman,

I am a 100% Hardcore ß, so it's a wonder I can speak and write English aside of my native language Dutch. Since few years (probably got something to do with G-Shock's) I speak and write a little German.

If I lookat the Gabrielle video on your webpage I'm already lost in the two letter words with the intonations. That must be very hard to learn, specially when the grammar is also very different from that of Western European languages.

Chinese will be a very important language in the near future and since this school year our school started Chinese lessons in students "free space"* too. A lot of respect for you learning this language.

Cheers,

Sjors

* "Free Space" is time a student can fill in for him/her self with modules of topics not in their (study) profile.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: OT-China and Chinese Mandarin

Things change. When I was at school, where I learned French and some Spanish in the 1980s, everyone was saying "You have to learn Russian!". Then, when I was at university in the 1990s, everyone was saying, "You have to learn Japanese!". Now it's Chinese. You can't win!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks buddies! If you try chinese with a good teacher it should not be hard...in fact I find it easier than spanish because in spanish we have too many conjugations and chinese is much simple...(if I wasnt a spanish native speaker I'd give up)of course the ideograms aren't that easy (you have to memorize about 3000 to read well)...I barely read about 300-400:-D
    by the way, today I went to Casiolandia and asked about new models...they said the next week should arrive new G-shock's models and maybe the famous Raysman, cool isnt it?
    See yas
    Batman
    Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Thanks buddies! If you try chinese with a good teacher it should not be hard...in fact I find it easier than spanish because in spanish we have too many conjugations and chinese is much simple...(if I wasnt a spanish native speaker I'd give up)of course the ideograms aren't that easy (you have to memorize about 3000 to read well)...I barely read about 300-400:-D
    by the way, today I went to Casiolandia and asked about new models...they said the next week should arrive new G-shock's models and maybe the famous Raysman, cool isnt it?
    See yas
    Batman
    hello Batman,

I am from Hungary, Budapest. I've been learning Japanese for 2,5 years. In 1994 I passed the fourth level of Japanese Language Proficiency Test in Budapest organized by Japanese Embassy in Hungary. I got 344 points of 400, so I was quite happy.
    Learning japanese was absolutely fun for me :-D , however memorizing all the kanjis made it really hard. My poor leaking memory... Later I had to focus on my own living, finding a good job, et cetera, et cetera. Nowadays I am planning to restart learning at Japanese Foundation Budapest Office.
    I think Chinese is really difficult because of the sentence-accents.

regards,
    kattamaki89

Yes, chinese is difficult at that part but it's more flexible. Japanese is another cool language I like (I studied it 3 years ago) and I find it cool, but chinese is more useful these days
    Batman

Thread Information