OT - This forum is great, but gosh, it's IT function could drive you to drink!!
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: OT - This forum is great, but gosh, it's IT function could drive you to drink!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I know we are lucky to have this forum, and it is free to use, but boy, sometimes you just want to put your fist through your screen! That 'double post' fault is still with us after almost a year, sometimes a page can take nearly 2 minutes to load, and just now, on seeking a sub forum, got the message 'temporary error, please try later'. I know that whoever is in charge is probably working their little socks off, but without doubt, it is the most irritating forum I use...

Oh, and I haven't had an email alert to any subscribed threads for over 2 weeks, so I'll not know if anyone answers this LOL
    Last edited by StephenWatch; March 29th, 2019 at 10:50.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Re: OT - This forum is great, but gosh, it's IT function could drive you to drink!!

I thought it was my laptop, pages been taking a long time to load today.
    Simon likes this.
    IG: @wtma
    ---
    CASIO G-SHOCK GMW-B5000-1
    SEIKO PROSPEX MARINEMASTER PROFESSIONAL SBBN007
    GLYCINE AIRMAN VINTAGE 1953 LE 3904.14/66AIRMAN DC-4 3904.19H24/66
    DAMASKO LARGE AVIATOR MANUFACTORY CALIBRE DK15

TUDOR HERITAGE BLACK BAY 36 M79500-0004
    OMEGA SPEEDMASTER PROFESSIONAL MOONWATCH 311.30.42.30.01.006
    ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL DATEJUST 36 126234-0025 (GRAIL)
    JAEGER-LECOULTRE GRANDE REVERSO ULTRA THIN DUOFACE Q3788570 (GRAIL)

Re: OT - This forum is great, but gosh, it's IT function could drive you to drink!!

Same here - pages taking a long time to load; I thought it was my wi-fi but no.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Have to agree love the forum but why no option to delete a double post just edit it? And the page loading can take an age sometimes and when it does you have to reload as some of the pictures don't appear?
    But for all its faults it so nice to hear from others and the lack of snobbery really makes it awesome, you can post your cheap G or expensive G and people just appreciate your watch for what it is not what it cost. Love it!
    kenls likes this.
    Dennis
    G-Shocks
    GW-M5610-1ER.......GW-M5610-1BJF
    GW-7900-1ER..........GA-201-1AER
    GX-56BB-1ER...........
    DW-5600HRGRZ-1ER
    GD-100-1AER
    Citizen promaster AJ0100-02E
    + Various other makes

I know many people do not like Tapatalk, but that is what I am using on my phone (version 6.1.2) and I have very little problems.

I agree the newer versions of Tapatalk will flood you with ads between the topics, but the one that I'm using is not too bad in this regard.

If you are on an Android phone, you can download older versions of applications. Look for "APK download" or simular, APK referring to the installation file of the application itself. There are many such APK database sites out there.

The best part is that Tapatalk does picture hosting as well, so inserting pictures in a post is a breeze.

I just use the phone browser on desktop view and find it functions pretty well with nearly every function available as per using a laptop. Found Tapatalk to be not intuitive enough.
    Dennis
    G-Shocks
    GW-M5610-1ER.......GW-M5610-1BJF
    GW-7900-1ER..........GA-201-1AER
    GX-56BB-1ER...........
    DW-5600HRGRZ-1ER
    GD-100-1AER
    Citizen promaster AJ0100-02E
    + Various other makes

As I feared, I have received NO email alerts to replies of this thread (or any other thread I'm subscribed to!). The last alert I got was the 10th March - just me?
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Stephen, you missed out the bit about how sometimes when you are using a touchscreen device you can’t reply to a thread without leaving it and going in again.

Hah, thought it was just me and my own laptop bugged - certainly so many issues in the past week especially around this site - always crashing on me, not letting me sign in, losing what I type etc etc I guess its a victim of its own success and just too much traffic on the autobahn to keep up with repairs.
    Dxnnis likes this.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

"Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information