OT: Sunglasses - Need BIG ones

Thread: OT: Sunglasses - Need BIG ones

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OT: Sunglasses - Need BIG ones

I saw in a post some time back about Sjors' Monster Dogs. I was quite taken with the pics of them so I bought a pair, only to discover they don't fit me.... too small, that the bridge sit almost 1/2 an inch away from my nose when I put them on!

Does anyone know which brand/model fit a large wide face? And it wouldn't hurt if they look good!

Thanks!
    daniel

Re: OT: Sunglasses - Need BIG ones

oakley my friend, i only recomend them from my own experiences of things hitting me in the face. if not for the impact resistance of oakleys my eyes would be pretty bad right now. iv had nothing but good experiences with oakleys. they also have a great selection of sizes. i have 3 pairs of JULIETS, one half jacket, and maybe 7 others.
    BROADARROW: PRS-4Q
    CASIO: DW-6100, GW200TC-2V(FROGMAN), G9000-3V (MUDMAN), DW5600E-1V, GW1200BA-1AV, GW6900, PAW-1300-1V(PATHFINDER), GW-7900B, G-7900
    SWISS ARMY: ACTIVE ORIGINAL SAI 24378
    SEIKO: BLACK MONSTER, SKX007, 300M TUNA CAN
    OAKLEY: D1 BLACK/BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by 1414DW6100 View Post
    oakley my friend, i only recomend them from my own experiences of things hitting me in the face. if not for the impact resistance of oakleys my eyes would be pretty bad right now. iv had nothing but good experiences with oakleys. they also have a great selection of sizes. i have 3 pairs of JULIETS, one half jacket, and maybe 7 others.
    I agree! I'm using Gascans right now. Polarized lenses.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

sweet, my juliets are all polarized my fav one is my matte black juliet fram with black iridium polarized lens, very stealthy.
    i am also looking into getting some crosshairs in the same color design. :gold
    CASIO: DW-6100, GW200TC-2V(FROGMAN), G9000-3V (MUDMAN), DW5600E-1V, GW1200BA-1AV, GW6900, PAW-1300-1V(PATHFINDER), GW-7900B, G-7900

I belong to the school of thought that sunglasses must be like G-Shocks: High quality at low cost -- and that you easily afford many. This way you don't feel bad if you scratch one or lose it. You can also keep one in each vehicle you use, one in your bag, one in you coat, drawer, etc...

After quite a bit of "research", I found a company on eBay that had just what I was looking for: RayZor International. I found the following specific model to be great: http://cgi.ebay.com/Designer-Skiing-Sports-Wrap-UV400-Sunglasses-RRP-89-00_W0QQitemZ190048472981QQihZ009QQcategoryZ79785QQ tcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190048472981. I only purchase it in dark grey ("smoke" as per the eBay link and this: http://www.rayzorinternational.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&product s_id=33) for bright sunlight and yellow (not found on eBay but shown here: http://www.rayzorinternational.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&product s_id=36) for overcast days. I purchased six lenses from them of the type shown, some off eBay and others off their website. Their customer service person (Joanne) is outstanding.

You should be able to get each pair for under US$20 including shipping. The glasses are large, high quality and come with a very useful pouch/cleaning cloth and separate cleaning cloth. The specific model described above in the lens colors described above is outstanding value IMO!! If you are interested, email the link above to Joanne ([email protected]) and tell her Anthony referred you! The price is so low, buy one and try it. It's a no risk deal, really; especially if you are thinking of paying big bucks for just one of these plastic, scratchable things. .

Quote Originally Posted by lcheetec View Post
    I saw in a post some time back about Sjors' Monster Dogs. I was quite taken with the pics of them so I bought a pair, only to discover they don't fit me.... too small, that the bridge sit almost 1/2 an inch away from my nose when I put them on!

Does anyone know which brand/model fit a large wide face? And it wouldn't hurt if they look good!

Thanks!
    daniel
    http://www.bay-haruta.co.jp/GS/2003/001B.htm

Von Zipper - Papa G's (how ironic) ~ $90

or

Hot Topic (believe it or not) was selling a humongous pair of shades that look like
    the von zippers for something like $10.

I would maill those to you, but my girl rocks them.

Quote Originally Posted by 7s27 View Post
    I belong to the school of thought that sunglasses must be like G-Shocks: High quality at low cost -- and that you easily afford many. This way you don't feel bad if you scratch one or lose it. You can also keep one in each vehicle you use, one in your bag, one in you coat, drawer, etc...

After quite a bit of "research", I found a company on eBay that had just what I was looking for: RayZor International. I found the following specific model to be great: http://cgi.ebay.com/Designer-Skiing-Sports-Wrap-UV400-Sunglasses-RRP-89-00_W0QQitemZ190048472981QQihZ009QQcategoryZ79785QQ tcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190048472981. I only purchase it in dark grey ("smoke" as per the eBay link and this: http://www.rayzorinternational.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&product s_id=33) for bright sunlight and yellow (not found on eBay but shown here: http://www.rayzorinternational.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&product s_id=36) for overcast days. I purchased six lenses from them of the type shown, some off eBay and others off their website. Their customer service person (Joanne) is outstanding.

You should be able to get each pair for under US$20 including shipping. The glasses are large, high quality and come with a very useful pouch/cleaning cloth and separate cleaning cloth. The specific model described above in the lens colors described above is outstanding value IMO!! If you are interested, email the link above to Joanne ([email protected]) and tell her Anthony referred you! The price is so low, buy one and try it. It's a no risk deal, really; especially if you are thinking of paying big bucks for just one of these plastic, scratchable things. .
    Over the week, I bought two pairs of King safety glasses (they also make steel-toed boots!), for US$4 and 6 each. They fit well, and although aren't the last word in fashion, I guess if with US$50 I could buy a lifetime's supply they might just be what I need until the urge to spend more comes along...

I can always spend more on watches!

daniel

i still stand by oakley guys. you get what you oay for in a sense. oakleys aim at fashion, but second as safety glasses. the best of both worlds.
    they cost more, but guess wich one will protect your eyes from impact better?
    oakley just like arai helmets pay attention to ergonomics. they actually have a set of sunglasses for asia that are made with a diff ergonomic shape then the U.S. as the shape of a persons head does change from country to country generaly speaking.
    thats just me though guys

Quote Originally Posted by 1414DW6100 View Post
    oakley just like arai helmets pay attention to ergonomics. they actually have a set of sunglasses for asia that are made with a diff ergonomic shape then the U.S. as the shape of a persons head does change from country to country generaly speaking.
    thats just me though guys
    Some Oakley models have the options of being fitted for Asian facial structure.

Hey man, I think you and I have the same tastes. I got a pair of Arai Doohan helmets in the house.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information