OT: Whats your other obessions?

Thread: OT: Whats your other obessions?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Off topic OT: Whats your other obessions?

First of all.. sorry for posting so much everywhere these last few days.. Its really slow at work from time to time. People are still on vacation and all servers are keeping in line with what they are told.. so I got a lot of "spare" time.. ehum.

Ok.. I remember reading about the actual collection obsession and its the actual hunt for something that are most fun.. and the wait. Then when you have it you are happy but the "adrenaline" are gone and you are already looking for the next "fix".

So my question to G-shock members.. what more "obsessions" do you have?

Here are mine as an example.
    - Espresso (the actual making of a single/double shot of espresso, beans machines etc)

- Limited edition DVD editions from Asia and US. For example. Old Boy Ultimate handmade copper box, JP release of I robot (Sony head replica) etc..

- Plush Snowmen from Gotta Get Gund

- latest obsession is G-shocks...

Obsession is what it is.. more then a hobby I would say or?.
    /CutePape
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. - James Byron Dean

Cool Re: OT: Whats your other obessions?

Coins (mostly gold, some platinum and a few silver). My two favorite coins:

trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

Re: OT: Whats your other obessions?

hi cutepape

my other "obessions" would include - gaming PS3 - ds lite etc...
    i also like my AV
    (DVD collecting also...)
    i also have the Sonny head. an awesome piece of packaging..
    along with the Alien head and the predator head. i will post some pictures on monday of my collection for you.
    would you mind posting a picture of the OLD BOY boxset?
    i went throught a phase of collecting Matrix stuff.
    most versions of the DVD's , models , standies, posters.
    o i also collected action figures by mcfarlane..

it rubs of a lot from my father in law who collects cd,vinyl,dvd and boxsets.

regards

sereph

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've gone through many a fad but am pretty much stuck with watches now. I tend to hyper focus on my interests and have to be careful not to remortgage the house sometimes! Luckily I'm crazy over G-Shocks not Rolex's!

I went through a brief but weird phase of buying swords of ebay (started after buying a replica 'Kill Bill' one!) Bit strange that one which luckily I came to my senses about!

I then became mildly addicted to online gaming especially World of Warcraft, (not that I'm a geek of course!) but just don't have to the time to play these days with work and family coming first.

So my main interest now apart from Gym and watching films is collecting watches and browsing this strange forum!

Watches are frickin evil!

Cutepape, I'd love to see a pic of your Old Boy limited edition! One of my favourite films wasn't aware that limited packaging even existed.

I'm also a fan of Asian films, in particular 'A Tale of Two Sister' 'Ichi the Killer' and the Vengeance trilogy. Not to mention the basic horrors, Ringu, Grudge(Ju-on) etc etc

Watches are frickin evil!

Mine... along with this.

daniel
    Singapore

That headphone amp is a nice looking thing, I must say... I used to spend a lot of time on hi-fi, but have now managed to convince myself that what I have is all that I need.

My other main interest is jazz. I subscribe to magazines, read books, browse catalogues, keep lists, and so on. Naturally, my CDs are all in artist/date order.

Oh and recently, I've been a bit keen on mechanical pencils.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I started collecting functional, traditionally made swords (not replicas), but it quickly became very expensive. I prefer watches because you can use/wear them. The few swords I still have are higher maintainence than all my watches put together.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Hoochy,

found some old pictures from the first day I open the packaging :)
    Note:
    as you can see the backs of the sleeves were damaged since they were torn against the copper door. This was resolved 3 weeks later when the manufacturer sent out replacement sleeves if you emailed them. Really nice of them to do that without any cost for the customer at all.

Sereph,

DS lite, Wii and PSP is also something I love to play when I get time.. unfortunately not to often now days :(
    I collected the Clive Barker Tortured Souls collections.. had them all in a glas cabinett before I moved over to Dublin.. now they are in a box :(
    Do you have the Matrix Neo bust too? The acrylic 10DVD collection set? I bought it but have no place to put it.. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

/CutePape
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. - James Byron Dean

I have never had an obsessive/addictive personality which makes it hard for me to get people's obsessions. However, I've always been into wildlife, planting trees and recreating habitat. Like a non-hyper Crocodile Man...I wish I could buy a bottle of what ever he was on.

I did have a fascination with watches when I was little, but my parents completely discouraged me from it. Year after year, they refused to get me a watch. I had to look on with envy at all my school mates who had watches. Parents are such idiots.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information