OT Why do my email subscription alerts no longer work?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: OT Why do my email subscription alerts no longer work?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OT Why do my email subscription alerts no longer work?

I have not received an email alert since the 10th March that a subscribed thread has got a new reply! This is now beyond irritating and has negated my use of this forum as I can't 'join in' any longer. Can a 'mod' suggest a way to kick start it back into action?

(Settings still remain as alerts checked and notify instantly via email)
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Re: OT Why do my email subscription alerts no longer work?

You might have better response posting this in the Site Issues and Support forum.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f530/
    StephenWatch likes this.

I’ll check the other forum as well, but I wanted to note that I discovered around the same time frame that I was no longer getting RSS feed updated from the various forums I subscribe to (I generally read them all via a feed reader, rather than on the site itself). Wondering if this is a product of the same issue, since the emailing would be powered by some similar syndication. I went back and re-added all the feeds, which seem to be working again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This forum is really getting on my nerves! The IT issues are now beyond a joke. Have just spent an hour trying to get on and get the following, and I still have not been able to find a solution to why I don't get thread email alerts anymore... Aarrrggghhhhhhhhhh.......

Name:  watch forum error.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  63.9 KB
    GaryK30 likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Okey dokey folks, after nearly 10 years, I will now delete all my 'watchuseek' bookmarks as I've stumbled upon a fault with the forum which apparently cannot be fixed. At the start of this thread, I stated that I now no longer receive email alerts of any posts, or subscribed threads. It can't be fixed. It's such a shame as over the last 10 years I have really enjoyed my participation on here, and there are some great contributors. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it... Stephen

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f530/w...l#post48702557

Would you be able to use Tapatalk on your phone. I'm using an older Android version of it and it works like a charm. I'm getting all the notifications that you are missing and I don't create any double posts either. This older version does not bother you with much advertisements (there are some, but not too noticeable). Picture posting is super easy too. I think you would be very pleased with the whole worry free experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    Would you be able to use Tapatalk on your phone. I'm using an older Android version of it and it works like a charm. I'm getting all the notifications that you are missing and I don't create any double posts either. This older version does not bother you with much advertisements (there are some, but not too noticeable). Picture posting is super easy too. I think you would be very pleased with the whole worry free experience.
    LOL, you are kind... My 12 year old Nokia wouldn't even know what to do with a Tapatalk, neither would I. Thanks for making me smile...
    Motorcycle Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    LOL, you are kind... My 12 year old Nokia wouldn't even know what to do with a Tapatalk, neither would I. Thanks for making me smile...
    ...and I thought I was the dinosaur with all my old stuff that I'm hanging on.

:D
    Motorcycle Man likes this.

Well, here is an idea. You could buy a used Samsung S4 (cheap) and put an older version of Tapatalk on it. It goes on (installs) very easy, have no worries, but if you like you can ask me questions and I can guide you through. You won't need a phone plan and you don't need to use it as phone. It can work over your existing WiFi. Hmm - you have WiFi right?
    kenls likes this.

I've been wrestling with IT issues for several weeks ( can't login from certain sub-forums, getting logged out when switching sub-forums, etc., etc., etc...). I think the powers that be have thrown in the towel in trying to "FIX" this and all issues therein...
    There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. John Ruskin

MTG-900DA-8V
    W-S220C-4
    MRW-S310H
    GST-W310-1AER
    PAW-1100T-7V
    GW9400J-1JF
    AQ-S800WD-1EVCF
    W-S220
    AQ-S810W
    Casio Citizen Corso BM8452-99P
    Omega-Vintage (70's) G.F. Auto
    Elgin-German Silver PW-Manufactured 1896