Other than the Frogman is there?

Thread: Other than the Frogman is there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Other than the Frogman is there?

Any G-shock that is really worth more than what you paid?

Watcheye.

Re: Other than the Frogman is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Watcheye View Post
    Any G-shock that is really worth more than what you paid?

Watcheye.
    A lot of "catches" on fleebay where I paid a lot less then I would in a online shop or street shop.
    Maybe some of the limited editions that Casio have released. Pretty sure that many of the REAL BAPE are a lot more worth today then when they were sold.
    /CutePape
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” - James Byron Dean

I think that he was trying to ask if there is another G that has madness of folks paying 450 or more for something that retails for 300 (when not reduced) and probably really does not worth more than 150 retail after classic Casio discount.

If that was waht he was trying to ask than that's a great question. And honestly I don't know of any other model where folks go so nuts to get it every time it's produced. (To a point where they're ready to pay much MORE than MSRP to get it.)

And since I don't have a frog (would like to have one but no , I'm not forking 450+ for it) I guess I don't truly get "what's the fuss all about".

Cheers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    I think that he was trying to ask if there is another G that has madness of folks paying 450 or more for something that retails for 300 (when not reduced) and probably really does not worth more than 150 retail after classic Casio discount.

If that was waht he was trying to ask than that's a great question. And honestly I don't know of any other model where folks go so nuts to get it every time it's produced. (To a point where they're ready to pay much MORE than MSRP to get it.)

And since I don't have a frog (would like to have one but no , I'm not forking 450+ for it) I guess I don't truly get "what's the fuss all about".

Cheers.
    Ya, that was pretty much it. I don't know of another G-Shock that is worth more than what people paid for it originally. I do see that type of thing in other watches, but no G-Shocks. I own many limited/SE G-Shocks, and other than the Frogman, I couldn't get more than what I paid for them today.

Watcheye.

except from the Frogman I still think BAPE editions is going for more now then they were sold for.

Alot of them are around 35k+ Yen on auction yahoo..
    http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f45290323
    /CutePape
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” - James Byron Dean

Cheers.[/quote]

Duke, can't you use the Canadian toll free number on Casio's site? 800-668-7871 They have the Black Dawn for US$300. Much better than the $480 + some sites like superchrono or even listings in the sales forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mholje View Post

Cheers.
    Duke, can't you use the Canadian toll free number on Casio's site? 800-668-7871 They have the Black Dawn for US$300. Much better than the $480 + some sites like superchrono or even listings in the sales forum.[/quote]

Sure can do, and planning to actually, but I need my lady to cool down after I just spent 180 on new gulfman not so long time ago... need a week or two if you know what I mean...

By the way is frog actually in stock now? Web page was saying "preorders for december".

By the way is frog actually in stock now? Web page was saying "preorders for december".[/quote]

Yes, the Black Dawn is in stock at the Casio USA site here, http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi...hock/GW225A-1/

casiosalesandservice.com is taking pre-orders on the Master Blue version. HB watches was as well but has sold out.
    I ordered 2 Black Dawns and have already received them, ordered one for a friend and one for myself.

And yes, I Need to get some pictures up. The Black Dawn is a beauty!

I'd really like a Frogman myself, but even when 'reasonably' priced I don't see how they're worth it. I'm not willing to pay more than £100 for any new G-Shock, so I'll most likely have to do without. The GW9100 is looking a better option for my Christmas G.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information